Coffee suggestions (2 Viewers)

Domo

self confessed coffee lover, love to take suggestions for new beans, any suggestions welcome.

2024 beans:
Darkwoods coffee - Under Milk Wood
Bay Coffee Roasters - Sumatran
Bay Coffee Roasters - Papua New Guinea

Top of 2023:
Climpson and son - the estate

skybluetony176

Have it with oat milk. Easiest way to improve any coffee regardless of the price tag. Especially true with a latte.

Nick

Administrator
The poshest thread on here. I thought I was posh having Dolce Gusto and a French Press (not what Mbappe does).

Have you got a bean to cup or do you grind them down?

Domo

The poshest thread on here. I thought I was posh having Dolce Gusto and a French Press (not what Mbappe does).

Have you got a bean to cup or do you grind them down?
i have a separate grinder and espresso machine, but consume it in different ways.
once you start going deep its never ending

fernandopartridge

I order from a local roastery called Peak Bean - it's usually roasted around the time you order. I think they mail order and they're better value than the more hipster places.

Currently drinking Dragon's Back Brew.

Others I've liked are their standard Espresso blend, Stanage Edge aspect, though I've never had a bad one.

napolimp

self confessed coffee lover, love to take suggestions for new beans, any suggestions welcome.

2024 beans:
Darkwoods coffee - Under Milk Wood
Bay Coffee Roasters - Sumatran
Bay Coffee Roasters - Papua New Guinea

Top of 2023:
Climpson and son - the estate

Yes finally, was thinking of starting similar thread a few weeks ago but thought no one would care.

Currently on an Ethiopian guest bean from 200 Degrees.

Fan of Roastworks down in Devon, they produce some really good roasts.

Have had some good beans from Horsham Coffee Roasters, and Two Chimps.

There's just so many fantastic independent roasters out their to try, so always looking out for something new. I've got a manual burr grinder, and then a few different ways I like to produce my "espresso" - although technically not allowed to call it that if under certain bar of pressure.

I like the look of Bay Coffee so will give them a go. Just came across this company today who appear to offer a subscription where they send you a bag from a different roaster every month - sounds interesting - but can't find any reviews about them. Plus, am a fan of light to medium roasts myself, so there's the risk of getting a bunch of dark roasts.

I order from a local roastery called Peak Bean - it's usually roasted around the time you order. I think they mail order and they're better value than the more hipster places.

Currently drinking Dragon's Back Brew.

Others I've liked are their standard Espresso blend, Stanage Edge aspect, though I've never had a bad one.

Had one bag from Peak, I enjoyed it. Are you around the Peak district then?

napolimp

Oh yeah, forgot to add, if you're in Coventry head over to Caffeine Project in Binley Woods. Their beans are not the best, but they are a small Coventry based company who roast their own beans on site, so a bag of the house blend is worth a sample - excellent value too.

Sick Boy

Yes finally, was thinking of starting similar thread a few weeks ago but thought no one would care.

There's just so many fantastic independent roasters out their to try, so always looking out for something new. I've got a manual burr grinder, and then a few different ways I like to produce my "espresso" - although technically not allowed to call it that if under certain bar of pressure.

I like the look of Bay Coffee so will give them a go. Just came across this company today who appear to offer a subscription where they send you a bag from a different roaster every month - sounds interesting - but can't find any reviews about them. Plus, am a fan of light to medium roasts myself, so there's the risk of getting a bunch of dark roasts.

Have you got a moka pot? If not, you should probably get one.

I appreciate a decent coffee but not into the different type of beans and roasts. Only really drink espresso these days though.

napolimp

I appreciate a decent coffee but not into the different type of beans and roasts. Only really drink espresso these days though.

Yeah, got a few actually - bit of a coffee maker hoarder. Bit dumb actually because I have an induction hob, so the only one which works is the Bialetti Venus. In my opinion it's not one of the better moka pots though, as the stainless steel doesn't absorb coffee over time like Aluminium does. My favourite is probably the Bialetti Mini Express because of the designs, they do an induction version now actually. Also like my Alessi Pulcina. Only get the moka pot out when I have guests and want to brew a pot.

Domo

if you like light/medium then darkwood is really nice.

i did a search, couldnt find any thread!

ill take a look at your sugguestions, thanks!

fernandopartridge

On the edge of it yeah

fernandopartridge

I just didn't enjoy coffee from the moka pot, always tastes burnt to me even despite best endeavours to not burn it

Sick Boy

I just didn't enjoy coffee from the moka pot, always tastes burnt to me even despite best endeavours to not burn it
I’d suggest trying on the lowest possible gas flame, stirring the pot and then pouring it a couple of seconds at a time per cup. It took me years to be able to do it without get abuse.

hamertime

I prefer the Scandinavian cherry casket blend with the Moroccan spice. Heat it when drain it through Egyptian cotton and inject it in to your eye ball.

napolimp

if you like light/medium then darkwood is really nice.

i did a search, couldnt find any thread!

ill take a look at your sugguestions, thanks!

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to pick up a bag of the "Arboretum" for my bag after next. These guys sound good. Let me know if you come across anything else of interest!

Nick

Administrator
On this subject, anybody tried a "bullet proof coffee"? Lived off them when doing keto. Actually quite nice!

napolimp

Oooh get you! Gold Blend eh? Someone's doing well for themselves.

Didn't realise so many people on this forum had hipster goatees.

2024 mate, you're allowed to drink good coffee. No need for mud in hot water, with some dandruff sprinkled in as sugar substitute.

napolimp

Liking proper coffee is hardly some niche thing, there are numerous coffee shops in every town and city

Coventry might be one of the worst cities for it. Beyond Bean & Leaf, you can just about throw Warwick Row and Caffeine Project into the decent category, and then you have Mosaic but they just have a cart. Was in Manchester recently and they're spoilt.

Domo

Liking proper coffee is hardly some niche thing, there are numerous coffee shops in every town and city
One of my favourites was coffee architects in Leamington before they closed, but now spa town coffee, esp could they use caravan coffee which is great (daily blend is great)

Sick Boy

If you have the misfortune of having to spend time at Leicester station, the coffee place in the forecourt area outside the main entrance is excellent for espressi.

Users who are viewing this thread