Comet closing down sale inshore everything reduced (1 Viewer)

jon92

Just seen this on the news don't know how much everything has been reduced by anyone know?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/comet-firesale-washing-machines-cookers-1424711

Comet this morning launched its massive firesale - set to be the biggest in its 79-year *history after the firm went into administration .

Notification of the sale was posted on the store's website telling customers "MASSIVE STOCK LIQUIDATION - EVERYTHING REDUCED".

The sale is only in its 240 stores and not online.

CTID

how annoying, i just bought a samsung tab from there! I must learn to watch the news more often

CTID

Just got to hope nothing goes wrong with it because of the warranty

Yeah that was my point mate. They sold it to me with a "Free 2 Year Guarentee" which pisses me off because clearly they knew they couldnt honour that!

Disorganised1

Just be glad you don't have a gift certificate - because they're not honouring those either.

The warrenty is provided by an outside firm I think so you might have a chance.

Offers are not up to much = about 10% so unless you were buying anyway, not worth the trip.

wingy

Think you'll find all electrical goods come with a standard 2 yr manufacturers warranty.There was a bit of a stink a couple of years ago some of the newer players in the market ,like Tesco ,Asda and the like ,which no doubt have played their part in Comets demise were trying to palm customers off with one year but were challenged by customers who knew their rights .Basically I believe all electrical appliances have to have a minimum 2yr decreed through EU law.;)

i went this morning, wanted to buy a samsung galaxy note tablet so i thought i may get a cheap one here. so i went in and seen they are selling them for £171 thought id be cheeky and ask the cheapest price. they said thats it i said see ya later ill go carphone warehousr and buy one for less than £150. not just that though camcorders cookers and even heaters and kettles you will find way cheaper elsewhere. comet with pricing like this you deserve to go out of business

skybluejelly

its the same story as game/gamestation...you go to buy something and tell them you have seen it £20 cheaper elswhere and they shrug there shoulders and say thats our best price ,,, its no wonder they are going out of business

Users who are viewing this thread