Coming and Goings (1 Viewer)

Pigeon

Any rumors of players leaving the Sky Blues or dare I say- joining us once embargo's and admin are lifted?

The only things I've heard this summer is Sheffers going to Northampton.

RFC

8 on their way-out Clarke, Malaga, Bell, Dunn, Jennings, Edjenguele, McSheffrey & 1 other (thought to be Murphy?)
The less income we're getting the worse it's going to get and that's why we need our own ground and ALL revenue streams!

stupot07

8 on their way-out Clarke, Malaga, Bell, Dunn, Jennings, Edjenguele, McSheffrey & 1 other (thought to be Murphy?)
The less income we're getting the worse it's going to get and that's why we need our own ground and ALL revenue streams!

8??? I thought it was 6?

ajsccfc

6 unspecified players have been identified by Pressley as surplus to requirements, with him wanting to bring in 7 unspecified players ideally. If the club shop ever re-opens, they're not ordering in squad numbers to print, just question marks.

SuperCov

Aren't most of these on 3 year contracts, ie Malaga, Edjenguele, Bell etc.
Please tell me they won't just be released. :facepalm:

Agree the club needs to own it's ground, but maybe even a slight slice of the Ricoh is enough? Say 20%? Building a new ground isn't the way forward.

RFC

I didn't say building a new ground was the way forward but if the Council & ACL don't come to their senses, then that's what will happen because whoever owns the Club MUST have ALL revenue streams due to FFP rules!
Without CCFC the Ricoh will become a 'White Elephant' IMHO

Last edited:

SuperCov

I didn't say building a new ground was the way forward but if the Council &amp; ACL don't come to their senses, then that's what will happen because whoever owns the Club MUST have ALL revenue streams due to FFP rules!<br />
Without CCFC the Ricoh will become a 'White Elephant' IMHO

Think we got our wires crossed, building a new ground was more of a statement from me :D

I do agree they need the revenue streams. Out of curiousity any idea of the figure this would be for a season? As I never purchase F&B only a programme (which I beleive CCFCH already get).

Sky Blue Pete

Out of interest RFC and SuperCov - Who do you think will own any new ground? CCFC? No - Sisu will and the revenue streams!!!

What have they done in the last 5 years to garner such trust?

RichieGunns

We were told on the radio the other day that Bell is flying in training.

Why would he say that and sound excited about Bells prospect for the season and then sell him.

Doesn't make sense...unless you add SISU into the equation...then it makes sense lol

stupot07

Why would he say that and sound excited about Bells prospect for the season and then sell him.

Doesn't make sense...unless you add SISU into the equation...then it makes sense lol

Flying training? Perhaps a career as a pilot after football?

SuperCov

Out of interest RFC and SuperCov - Who do you think will own any new ground? CCFC? No - Sisu will and the revenue streams!!!

What have they done in the last 5 years to garner such trust?

There won't be a new ground in my opinion but the club need to own their own ground for it to be viable, whoever owns it.

For the record, I don't trust SISU. I want what's best for the future of Coventry City Football Club.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I can see where this is going already, when Bell leaves we will have everyone on here slating SISU for selling our best players and how Bell was going to storm league 1 this season and how terrible SISU are for allowing a player of Bells quality to leave.

stupot07

I can see where this is going already, when Bell leaves we will have everyone on here slating SISU for selling our best players and how Bell was going to storm league 1 this season and how terrible SISU are for allowing a player of Bells quality to leave.

Agreed. Bells appearance record over the last 3 seasons shows why we should be trying to offload if possible:

7 out of 59 last season
36 out of 107 over the last 2 seasons
59 out of 160 over the las 3 seasons

Not great reading - approx 1 in 3 so approx 15 league games a season fit over the last 3 seasons...

SkyBlueSwiss

Smug sod!
(tensoddingcharacters)

Users who are viewing this thread