Coming soon to CV6 (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

From the Championship:

Bristol City, surely. This time, they don't have a team worse than them (us) to save them from the drop. They're 8 points from safety at the bottom of the table

After that, take your pick! There's a seven-point spread from 23rd (Peterboro) to 10th (Derby)! Blackburn (who make us look like a well-run club) currently completes the bottom 3, with Mark Robins's Huddersfield just outside the drop-zone.

From League 2:

Gillingham were promoted today. I suspect if they make a move for MacDonald during the summer, he'll be off.

Port Vale and Coventry City Holdings South (better known as Northampton) complete the place for auto-promotion. In the play-offs, we currently have Cheltenham, Burton Albion, Rotherham and Exeter, with Bradford, Chesterfield and Fleetwood still in with a chance.

Last edited:

Delboycov

Or if SISU are still in charge and carry out their threats then a future title of the thread might just read "Coming soon to NN9".

SkyBlue_Bear83

Bristol are down as you say

I would like 2 of Huddersfield, Blackburn, Leeds, Wolves, Birmingham, Sheff Wed to come down with them

kg82

Nah, I like sheff wed - but can't choose out the others! Thought blues were safe now though?

stupot07

Hope wolves and blackburn stay up, they'll murder this league with the parachute payments backing them.

The CableGuy

Nah, I like sheff wed - but can't choose out the others! Thought blues were safe now though?

You would think so, but the Championship is just nuts this season. Brum are in 13th but only 6 points outside the drop-zone with 5 games left to play.

Mathematically speaking, only the top 4 are safe from the drop.

The CableGuy

Bristol City will be relegated from the Championship on Tuesday if they're beaten by Brum, or if other results go against them.

In League 2, Port Vale are looking good for auto-promotion and are assured of at least a play-off place. Burton and Cheltenham have already secured their play-off places. Rotherham and Northampton could secure their play-offs places with wins on Tuesday.

The CableGuy

Wolves could be stuffed too if they're relegated. I doubt if they blew all that money on redeveloping Molineux for League 1 footy.

League 1 could be a Midlands League next season:

City
MK Dons
Walsall (if they don't go up via Play-offs)
Wolves
Port Vale
Burton or Cheltenham or Northampton

ccfc92

Didn't SISU inherit 30 million debt from the previous regime? Which would mean we have lost another 30 million in the 5 years they have been here?

But we haven't been paying wages beyond our means. Our average wage is say 3k, times 22 players, times 52 weeks equals 3.432.000. So we can't be losing that much. Average att, 10,000 times £15, times 23 equals 3.450.000.

Tonylinc

But we haven't been paying wages beyond our means. Our average wage is say 3k, times 22 players, times 52 weeks equals 3.432.000. So we can't be losing that much. Average att, 10,000 times £15, times 23 equals 3.450.000.
Exactly; all this talk of a £60mill loss is crap. Just add to that the surplus in transfers (difficult to do I know due the "undisclosed", fees) but I am willing to bet that it amounts to a tidy plus figure.

wingy

Plus all other staffing /Academy/Overhead costs, Circa +£2-2.5M.:thinking about:..............Sold Bigi...Keogh......Cup runs............Must be close to break even.

ccfc92

Plus all other staffing /Academy/Overhead costs, Circa +£2-2.5M.:thinking about:..............Sold Bigi...Keogh......Cup runs............Must be close to break even.

That's what I mean, we can't be losing that much per month/ season. Season tickets, shirt sales, programmes, tv revenue, player sales, we can't have lost 5 million a year since sisu came here.

Tonylinc

You will never get Sisu to agree to that Wingy. It suits their agenda to peddle the £60mill figure.:pimp::pimp:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd say your average wage estimate is conservative, at least for our time in the championship. Hasn't Waggott and Fisher said the wage budget for this season was around 4 million? No doubt it was a lot more also in the championship

Add on the 1.3 million noose around our neck every year up to when the club stopped playing.

I dunno if the club will be getting close to breaking even this season but it doesn't take much imagination to see where the losses have been coming from over the years before that.

wingy

so they've lost 30 odd million in last 3 years? surely we couldnt of lost 60 million in 5?
Think our estimates in the relegation season were for losses of around £6-7M,meaning to stay up at our expense BC spent around £7M. more than us last season.

ampthill_sba

As a '92 football league grounds' ground chaser...

To help increase from my current 53 grounds I'd like the following relegation/promotions pretty please...

Champ down
Bristol City (been but they're shafted already)
Huddersfield (not been plus MR baiting would be great)
Wolves (been but derby games are great)

L1 up
Keep Swindon in L1 as I missed that away game this season

L1 down
Hartlepool and Bury (knackered already but would have liked both to have stayed up as I missed their ties this season)
Portsmouth and Scunthorpe (been to both)

L2 up
Gillingham, Port Vale and Burton (not been to any of them)
Cobblers (for the local rivalry)

rupert_bear

Fleetwood would be good, weekend in Blackpool me thinks, unless we get them on a cold night in December as we did Blackpool

The CableGuy

Blackburn 1 up vs Huddersfield, who have a -25 goal difference, the worst in the league. MR's team currently 1 point & 1 place outside the drop-zone

mark82

Oldham beating Yeovil. If this result stayed would relegate both Hartlepool & Portsmouth I believe.

stupot07

Like they murdered the championship

The championship is a strong league, and a lot of the championship clubs have large wage bills.

They will be able to have a wage bill of £13-14m against the majority that will have £1-£3.5m. This is a poor league, look at how well DMc did with us compared to at ipswich.

The CableGuy

Oldham beating Yeovil. If this result stayed would relegate both Hartlepool & Portsmouth I believe.

From FA Cup Winners to League 2 in a matter of years. Unbelievable. I wonder if they'll start next season with another points deduction, at this rate they could be playing against Nuneaton in 2 seasons time. :eek:

rupert_bear

The championship is a strong league, and a lot of the championship clubs have large wage bills.

They will be able to have a wage bill of £13-14m against the majority that will have £1-£3.5m. This is a poor league, look at how well DMc did with us compared to at ipswich.
Maybe but that 13-14 million will be swallowed up by so called stars who they can't get rid off mopeing about in division 3

mark82

From FA Cup Winners to League 2 in a matter of years. Unbelievable. I wonder if they'll start next season with another points deduction, at this rate they could be playing against Nuneaton in 2 seasons time. :eek:

They should get a points deduction but with coming out of admin expect them to be too strong for league 2.

rupert_bear

Actually i don't agree the championship is as strong as people say. It is competitive but not strong anyone from Leicester down could get relegated and the fact that in recent seasons Norwich and Southampton have gone from division 3 to the premiership in 2 seasons illustrates that. Any club and that includes us who are run and managed correctly can challenge the top slots of the division

stupot07

Actually i don't agree the championship is as strong as people say. It is competitive but not strong anyone from Leicester down could get relegated and the fact that in recent seasons Norwich and Southampton have gone from division 3 to the premiership in 2 seasons illustrates that. Any club and that includes us who are run and managed correctly can challenge the top slots of the division

And how much money did they spend transfers and wages doing so? £1.5 for lambert and £1m for Bernard are massive transfer fees in league one. Norwich has a wage bill of £8.1m in league one.

I wouldn't be getting your hopes up for a sky blue double promotion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread