Concerned now (7 Viewers)

Saddlebrains

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

With his current value at its highest dont be surprised if we lose him

For me, if we do, that is too much of a rebuild again for the summer

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

To replace, and then add more.
Feel very deflated hearing that to be honest

Deity

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

Don’t be deflated @Saddlebrains

it was inevitable. He pretty much put an advert in the Wembley match day prog !

of that list Sheaf is the only one that will be difficult to replace. Bidders is solid. The rest have not contributed much this season.

SBLongdan

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

The difference with the start of this season is, most of the names on that list are no longer first choice.
We will be able to bed new signings in more easily as we will have more of a settled starting 11.
There is only Sheaf and Bidwell on that list that affects the best starting 11.

Levship20

It’s for the best if we’re going to put the money required into the squad. We need to add quality and we won’t do that for peanuts. This is the model, at least he’s not fucking us around to get a free like some midget chavs.
We played a side last night that has done it for a very small sum of money! Just clever scouting

OffenhamSkyBlue

I may be missing something, or i may not understand the game (having watched it my entire life), but i do not understand the Sheaf hero-worship. From what I have seen of him (and admittedly that isn't every week) he is a bang-average Championship midfielder who is too lightweight, can't win a 1-on-1 header, and hasn't contributed enough goals and assists this season to warrant the "best midfielder in the Champ" moniker. He only looks strong when we are winning.
I don't blame him for the penalty miss, as that is an artificial situation (fair play to him for stepping up) but he had four shots in the semi-final which didn't go anywhere near the target.

Marty

Happy for him to go, great opportunity for him and allows us to build even further. Someone like Alan Browne is available on a free and ain't a bad player at all, signing someone like him would allow us to spend more in other positions.

Deity

I may be missing something, or i may not understand the game (having watched it my entire life), but i do not understand the Sheaf hero-worship. From what I have seen of him (and admittedly that isn't every week) he is a bang-average Championship midfielder who is too lightweight, can't win a 1-on-1 header, and hasn't contributed enough goals and assists this season to warrant the "best midfielder in the Champ" moniker. He only looks strong when we are winning.
I don't blame him for the penalty miss, as that is an artificial situation (fair play to him for stepping up) but he had four shots in the semi-final which didn't go anywhere near the target.
Wow. I’m glad you’re not on our scouting team !.

Joy Division

Realistically what kind of Premier League can we see Sheaf moving to?

Balli001

Sheaf is hard to replace but we also said that about hamer and gyokeres. Torp and Eccles us a good start and we would need to add a couple. Who's to say they wouldn't eventually reach the same level

Sick Boy

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

Any idea why we’re getting rid of Bidwell?

Deity

There are no plans to sell Sheaf
I think the point is Sheaf wants to go not that we want to sell him ….

Very few clubs block those moves like they used to.

IF Sheaf has told the club he wants to go you should assume his agent is aware of firm premier league interest ….

shmmeee

Sheaf is hard to replace but we also said that about hamer and gyokeres. Torp and Eccles us a good start and we would need to add a couple. Who's to say they wouldn't eventually reach the same level

Neither have shown anything like even being a similar type of player let alone of similar quality.

If Sheaf goes we need an entirely new midfield three.

David O'Day

I think the point is Sheaf wants to go not that we want to sell him ….

Very few clubs block those moves like they used to.

IF Sheaf has told the club he wants to go you should assume his agent is aware of firm premier league interest ….
This isn't true, he has not told anyone he wants to leave and for him to leave someone would have to bid over the going rate.

JulianDarbyFTW

Sheaf would be a nonentity in the Prem. Too many errors.
Depends who he plays for. In a decent team, his colleagues bail him out. In a relegation threatened team, he potentially costs them points with the quality of the opposition who can capitalise on the errors.

Diogenes

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

The thing is, for our rebuild (and beyond) to be sustainable it makes perfect sense to cash in on Sheaf now. It's disappointing to lose him, but understandable from both sides perspective.

What boils my piss is Bidwell being thrown out, if true. Keeping JDS ahead of him is a retrograde step.

We are still in a better position first team wise, but I agree with you in that I think the turnover is going to be an issue. We are not 2/3 players away from autos, we are miles off.

I think we need to be prepared for a similar season next, and the worry being at that point the vultures will be in for simms, wright, mve and the heart of the team will be ripped out again.

Mr Panda

Hopefully your source is pissed off about last night and thought “I know, I’ll do that Bajcetic thing again…”

In all seriousness, sad if true and will feel slightly like another overhaul in the summer given the level of player we’ll be letting go just when we all thought we’d be perhaps be in more control. That’s football.

MalcSB

Do non entities get paid the same as entities in the PL?
No, but they may well get paid more than entities in the Championship. At which point it’s not about the playing, it’s about the money. Which may be fair enough. Personally, I wouldn’t have wanted to be regularly shown as incompetent or even merely average at my job (when I worked),

Pusb1

To be honest.

i love Sheaf and he is quality. And he deserves a PL chance.

But, i don’t necessarily think a bit if a refresh in that area with some money will be all that of a bad thing. Allows us to be more ruthless across the wider squad

steve101

Although he has had his moments, Eccles is the only midfielder who has been relatively injury free. Sheaf has been susceptible to injuries for a while. Torp is looking a bit fragile too. Can't blame training facilities now and if they are overuse injuries then team selection needs to be wiser.
I think Sheaf would be a useful Premier League player. He has developed a lot over the season. If he goes, I hope we replace with someone more robust.

Chris1987

The issue for me is that signings players to develop them comes with an element of risk. Some the club get right , others they get wrong. The ones that prove to be ineffective need to be moved on in some way. JDS is just not good enough in the position he is playing .Lati is jack of all and master of none. The signing of both of these players somewhat mystified me at the time but what do I know ? I hope that my misgivings prove to be wrong but I have my doubts I can't see the club moving either of them out .

TomRad85

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

Willing to bet our current form has led him to think we're perhaps not as close as we hoped. It's incredibly concerning.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

The issue for me is that signings players to develop them comes with an element of risk. Some the club get right , others they get wrong. The ones that prove to be ineffective need to be moved on in some way. JDS is just not good enough in the position he is playing .Lati is jack of all and master of none. The signing of both of these players somewhat mystified me at the time but what do I know ? I hope that my misgivings prove to be wrong but I have my doubts I can't see the club moving either of them out .
We’ve got another 3 years of JDS after this as well.

shmmeee

So what? They were cheap signings (£0 and £0.5m) to fill out a squad. Not every player is going to be a £3M+ signing who goes to the PL.

Users who are viewing this thread