Concerned now (6 Viewers)

Martw

That’s life. He deserves a go at the PL, should the right offer come in.

Let’s get 4-5 quality players through the door and see how we do.
Spot on, but those players have to be nailed on first team selections.

JSL

Nope and its mind blowing to me. I think its a case of hes 32, year left on his contract and we can get some cash for him
Possibly but what cash is likley? A couple of hundred k? We could have had a sizable fee for Ohare in the last 12 months if he had been honest with us

torchomatic

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

With his current value at its highest dont be surprised if we lose him

For me, if we do, that is too much of a rebuild again for the summer

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

To replace, and then add more.
Feel very deflated hearing that to be honest
I like Sheaf and all, but is he having a laugh? To have a crack at the PL he needs to improve his game immensely. Maybe try to stop losing it in front of our own 18 yard box or passing it to a player in the same colour shirt more often.

Flying Fokker

JDS and Lati were free (aside some compensation for Lati and Collins was £600k. There is an old adage which says you get what you pay for
O’hare is trotting iff To his new club. wages Is the only issue.

torchomatic

He’s seen League 1 players celebrating promotion and wants it himself, can’t blame him and his peak value is now.

Slight issue of needing top flight clubs to be interested and prepared to pay what we want though.
That's the thing. He is quality, there's no doubt, but he has quite a few mistakes in him and for clubs to take a punt, he'll either have to cut that out of his game or we will have to take a lower fee.

I've got no interest in players who want to leave, let them go, we soon get new heroes.

skybluecam

Nope and its mind blowing to me. I think its a case of hes 32, year left on his contract and we can get some cash for him
I think the why of Bidwell going is obvious - Robins wants a full back who is more capable in possession.

I would suspect that there is someone lined up we want to bring in, so one of Bidwell or Dasilva has to make way, and given Dasilva's contract it has to be Bidwell.

Grendel

Dasilva is one word guys. It's JD if you really insist on using his initials.

Perhaps we should just call the Dashitone

TomRad85

I think the why of Bidwell going is obvious - Robins wants a full back who is more capable in possession.

I would suspect that there is someone lined up we want to bring in, so one of Bidwell or Dasilva has to make way, and given Dasilva's contract it has to be Bidwell.
Yeh this. If we bring in the LB equivalent of MVE we'll soon forget Bidwell. But I would like to see as little of Dasilva as possible.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Martw

Bidwell staggers me unless he wants out - such a solid player who rarely if ever lets us down. wish him well..
Goodness knows where Sheaf will end up? £12 million seems a lot to me but what do I know, I hope we get £20 million for him haha!
Again a Fulham or Brentford type of club maybe? Ipswich?

TomRad85

Are we expecting to receive small amounts of money for the likes of Godden and Allen?

Blind-Faith

He’s my favourite player, but he’s done his time, helped us get to where we are, never kicked up a fuss and seems a decent lad. I’ll be gutted, but aslong as he don’t go to Luton or Leicester , wish him the best

skybluegod

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

With his current value at its highest dont be surprised if we lose him

For me, if we do, that is too much of a rebuild again for the summer

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

To replace, and then add more.
Feel very deflated hearing that to be honest

I'm not sure it's too big a concern. We are replacing 3 starting players there. The rest are squad options that many on here have said haven't been at the standard since we came up...

It's not ideal of course, but we are still in a much better place than last summer. Exciting summer ahead in my eyes.

TomRad85

I'm not sure it's too big a concern. We are replacing 3 starting players there. The rest are squad options that many on here have said haven't been at the standard since we came up...

It's not ideal of course, but we are still in a much better place than last summer. Exciting summer ahead in my eyes.
Agreed, I'm choosing to look forward to the summer to help get me through the depression of this end to the season.

torchomatic

I may be missing something, or i may not understand the game (having watched it my entire life), but i do not understand the Sheaf hero-worship. From what I have seen of him (and admittedly that isn't every week) he is a bang-average Championship midfielder who is too lightweight, can't win a 1-on-1 header, and hasn't contributed enough goals and assists this season to warrant the "best midfielder in the Champ" moniker. He only looks strong when we are winning.
I don't blame him for the penalty miss, as that is an artificial situation (fair play to him for stepping up) but he had four shots in the semi-final which didn't go anywhere near the target.
I think Sheaf is a great player, but I don't think he's the £20M man a lot on here make him out to be.

shmmeee

Yes but they are on decent length contracts and obviously part of the wage structure. That's not cheap. There was no mention of transfer fees paid in my post either or any expectation of going to the PL . No idea what your point is as currently neither justify a place in the squad currently in my opinion.

I think that’s emotive stuff after a poor ending to the campaign. Both are fine as squad players. Won’t be on mega bucks and are as good as anyone else you’ll find for nothing willing to sit about most weeks.

Chris1987

I think that’s emotive stuff after a poor ending to the campaign. Both are fine as squad players. Won’t be on mega bucks and are as good as anyone else you’ll find for nothing willing to sit about most weeks.
Observational not emotive . Neither have performed well over an extended time frame.

skybluelee

I’m feeling exactly the same as you Saddle, I’m beginning to think the “reinvest the money into cheaper options” model isn’t working. We took a duo that scored basically half our goals last season and replaced them with a load of okay-ish players but ones that are too afraid to have a shot at goal or actually run at players, take defences on (bar maybe Saka, MVE, Wright, Simms). The majority of weeks I see a midfield that moves the ball around well but can’t do anything with it and a defence that spontaneously crumbles for no reason.

We need a hell of a lot of players to not only replace our current options but to add depth to the squad. New keeper, new pacey LB, new midfielder for Sheaf, an upgrade on Eccles, winger cover for injuries/suspensions, O’Hare replacement, new CB for rotation etc etc, the list goes on. If we ever want to get serious about getting into the prem then we need a shit load of money spending on the team because in it’s current state it’s really not promotion worthy.
Not sure the goals argument is valid.

Gyokeres and Hamer scored 33 between them last year.

Wright and Simms have 38 and Sakamoto was was on course to score more than Hamer before his injury.

The issue is depth as others have said but we're in a much better position than previous years. Realistically 5 quality additions and the squad looks more than capable to be pushing top 6. Normally we're talking about needing 9/10/11 players.

shmmeee

Observational not emotive . Neither have performed well over an extended time frame.

Dasilva arguably should have been first team. Latibeaudiere, Palmer, Eccles, are all players that with a proper squad size and the right people fit aren’t starting every week. Railing against them when they’re just doing their job of plugging gaps from injuries, suspensions, and believing your own hype seems a bit unfair.

No, our fringe players aren’t as good as our best players. I’m not sure what constantly banging on about it is going to achieve. We’ve gone from Sean Maguire and Julian Dacosta to Latibeaudiere and Dasilva and if you don’t think that’s an upgrade I’m not sure what to say.

shmmeee

Yeah jay Dasilva and Lati will be on decent wages.

Everyone’s on decent wages. We’re a championship football club. They won’t be close to the highest paid players. Let’s not start the Grendel/Palmer nonsense of making up a wage to be angry at.

Viktor17

On good authority that they are. Bar Sheaf who obviously someone needs to meet our 12 million plus valuation
@Saddlebrains I would be hoping/expecting our valuation is at least £15million plus.

Lets step back out of the "leavers" its only sheaf who's a main stay of the team, with his fee we should be able to buy 2/3 more ready made players to hit ground running. The rest are squad, bidders, a left back could slot in pretty easily. COH not included as mainstay.

So whilst disappointing re Sheaf, let's remain calm and see what happens. Would expect them to have been planning for this.

Chris1987

Dasilva arguably should have been first team. Latibeaudiere, Palmer, Eccles, are all players that with a proper squad size and the right people fit aren’t starting every week. Railing against them when they’re just doing their job of plugging gaps from injuries, suspensions, and believing your own hype seems a bit unfair.

No, our fringe players aren’t as good as our best players. I’m not sure what constantly banging on about it is going to achieve. We’ve gone from Sean Maguire and Julian Dacosta to Latibeaudiere and Dasilva and if you don’t think that’s an upgrade I’m not sure what to say.
I'm not saying that they are not upgrades . JDS was bought to be first team , he clearly isn't. I'm not constantly banging on I'm just stating that when they are starting they're falling well short of the standard needed to be effective in matches. Surely to justify a squad place they should be competing for first team starts with everyone else based on form and ability. If you're saying that fringe players are literally that then that's an admission that they aren't good enough in the first instance.

Hincha

Think we're going to go big with midfield signings this summer.

Last summer we focused on replacing Gyok and rebuilding the defence that only had 2 players (Fadz & Bidwell) and neglected midfield.

With Kelly, Allen, Sheaf & O'Hare leaving we have a great opportunity to rebuild a stale part of the squad (only signed 1 permanent CM Torp in last 3 seasons!). Excites me more than it worries me.

Users who are viewing this thread