Concerned now (2 Viewers)

Mr Panda

Will be watching the Peterborough games in hope they lose and stay in League One.

Assuming the other lad we have an option on is a potential Sheaf replacement.

Sky Blue Harry H

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

With his current value at its highest dont be surprised if we lose him

For me, if we do, that is too much of a rebuild again for the summer

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

To replace, and then add more.
Feel very deflated hearing that to be honest
With regards to the rebuild, only O'Hare (knew he was off, anyway) and Sheaf are really first team starters now, so all you are saying is we might have to replace one key player in addition to what we already knew, and if so, we are likely to have £10m (ish) to do it with. Not exactly an earth shattering re-build. I still think we will have a stronger team next season, whether Sheaf stays or goes (and I hope that he stays). I'm already excited about next season's squad.

covcity4life

As you know I've been banging the Sheaf is staying drum for a while and that we will use Vik money

Thats not correct now. Sheaf has said he would like a crack at the premier league. Which we cannot blame him for of course

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

Not sure why

Last season we replaced 2 key players and lots of deadwood and got better long term

This year we would need to replace 2 key players and less deadwood.

Chances are our squad is even better come September if we get recruitment right

Grendel

Yeah we didn't pay that much.

Seems like it was around 19k. Part of which was the 'transfer fee'.

Oh where have you got that from? Thats £988,000 a year - his Bristol wage was £1.2m

Grendel

Hincha

Sheaf is rated by WhoScored as the 3rd best central midfielder in the division this season - for those calling him average. There is no doubt that he will be a massive loss.

But our midfield needs a massive revamp anyway. No offence to these players but Kelly has played 15 league games (5 more than last season excluding the play offs), Jamie Allen has played 20+ league games, & Lati has had to cover CM as well.

If Sheaf can fund 3 players coming into CM we will be a lot better for it long term.

Offhegoes

I think we need to hope King leaves in the summer. We need someone with actual money
King has made such a difference in less than 18 months. The CBS, Club Shop and training ground for starters.
An owner with a wad of cash doesn't guarantee anything ( Everton).
If someone wants to pay us 12M+ for Sheaf in the summer and Robins is given 7-8M of that fee, then so be it. That buys us at least 2 top quality replacements at the minimum.

Ccfcisparks

King has made such a difference in less than 18 months. The CBS, Club Shop and training ground for starters.
An owner with a wad of cash doesn't guarantee anything ( Everton).
If someone wants to pay us 12M+ for Sheaf in the summer and Robins is given 7-8M of that fee, then so be it. That buys us at least 2 top quality replacements at the minimum.
or 2 Kitchings.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Moore
Kelly
O'Hare
Bidwell
Godden
Sheaf
Allen

To replace that lot and more with Quality, just isn't going to happen. 😤

SBAndy

Yes. People seem oblivious to the fact our operational losses are at least £7 million a year. If Gyokeres does not move and we cannot sell Sheaf we have no capacity to operate in the transfer market.

Money has been squandered on Kitching and wages and long contracts to the likes of Dasilva.

Who can we buy when we are losing that much money?

What a drama queen.

Grendel

Seems Bristol Live can't make their minds up because in other articles they say £1m.

It's almost as if no one knows (except Grendel obvs).

Where is your link??

MAFF

Sheaf is out best player but he deserves a shot a Premier League. If we get good money for him the club have proven last year that they'll reinvest it to make the squad stronger.

Lets just hope the signings this summer are more Wright than Dasilva...

Liquid Gold

1. If Sheaf leaves it will be with my best wishes and hopefully give us a load of money for decent replacements. He's probably at the apex of his value now unless we can get him under a new deal.

2. The overreaction to a poor finish to the season is a bit much.

3. I told you all at the time that we paid Bristol fuck all for Palmer but nobody would listen.

clint van damme

1. If Sean leaves it will be with my best wishes and hopefully give us a load of money for decent replacements. He's probably at the apex of his value now unless we can get him under a new deal.

2. The overreaction to a poor finish to the season is a bit much.

3. I told you all at the time that we paid Bristol fuck all for Palmer but nobody would listen.

Good luck Sean, whatever you decide to do.
Now can we get back to our star midfielder?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We could sign the entire Man United team, including Anthony.

Grendel

SBT

From the same outlet that said it was £1.2m - which oddly is around £1m. As an award winning journalist you don’t seem to have your nose to the ground on this one
“£1.2 million is around £1 million?” Really?

For someone who’s usually very sceptical on wage numbers when they’re reported, you’re suddenly very trusting in Somerset’s answer to Andy Turner.

Users who are viewing this thread