Concert ticket advice (1 Viewer)

Otis

Trying to buy tickets today for a concert. On sale at 10am. Only one gig in the UK, so very large demand.

Any tips? Nothing is coming up yet (Live Nation).

Is the wisest thing to do to just keep refreshing the page? Do they usually come up before the allotted time? I know City tickets for Wembley you could get in a queue well before the time slot.

So just wondered.

My daughter is trying for is both at the same time too.

olderskyblue

Try nearer 10.00am?

Otis

Yes. Ha.

Am doing so

I just remember Wembley tickets for the City where you could get in a queue well before. But then that was ST holders.

I just can't see any buy tickets option. I was expecting that and expecting to click and get a message stating not available yet.

But nowt up at all. Haven't had to queue before for tickets for a long, long time

I did mean to try and get Idles tickets, but fell asleep. 🤣

🤷

Mr Panda

Get a couple of devices on the go. I remember buying for the radio 1 thing on my laptop I was 30000 in the queue then on my phone, of which I actually joined the queue later, I was around 12000th

AOM

Trying to buy tickets today for a concert. On sale at 10am. Only one gig in the UK, so very large demand.

Any tips? Nothing is coming up yet (Live Nation).

Is the wisest thing to do to just keep refreshing the page? Do they usually come up before the allotted time? I know City tickets for Wembley you could get in a queue well before the time slot.

So just wondered.

My daughter is trying for is both at the same time too.

I've noticed with a small number of gigs (even Coventry away games last season) that there are tickets that come online just before the stated time. I think there were away tickets last year that came online around 9:53 or something.
The main sites that sell tickets usually have queuing systems now, so you don't need to refresh.
I'd just try and be online and ready about 20 minutes early and if tickets are available on multiple ticket selling sites, get in both queues once they start. You could also be doing the same on your phone and as you mentioned, ask others to do the same for you.

Good luck!

AOM

I remember the anxiety of trying to get Glasto tickets years ago. Had two laptops on the go as well as was calling non-stop for about an hour

Otis

Cheers!

We do indeed have two devices on the go at the same time.

Was just expecting a bit tickets tab to be on there, but it coming up with a N/A message

Will just go into perpetual refresh page mode

Reactions: AOM

AOM

Have you checked if tickets are also available on other ticketing sites too? Like Ticketmaster and See Tickets?

Otis

Have you checked if tickets are also available on other ticketing sites too? Like Ticketmaster and See Tickets?
They are showing they will have them. The DM site only refers you to Live Nation though.

That will be my next step. Have lots of sites open at the same time and watch my brain frazzle

Otis

Ah yes, I forgot, they are only on presale today through Live Nation. General sale everywhere else tomorrow

Reactions: AOM

CCFCSteve

Get on stubhub one minute past sale time and buy at treble the price

Joking apart if unsuccessful use twickets (reseller) and set up notifications. Proper/non rip off reseller site and picking up a fair bit of traction these days.

clint van damme

Just heard that ticket master are introducing some sort of dynamic pricing structure for gigs, the more popular the tickets are the more it pushes up the price.
Report was a bit short on detail but I think it's fair to say its not good news for gig attendees.

SBT

Just heard that ticket master are introducing some sort of dynamic pricing structure for gigs, the more popular the tickets are the more it pushes up the price.
Report was a bit short on detail but I think it's fair to say its not good news for gig attendees.

They're already doing it for some big name tours. I think some US states have made it illegal, which hopefully happens here soon too. Pretty sure a single issue political party that was laser focused on putting Ticketmaster out of business would win a 400 seat majority, easy.

chiefdave

They already do this over here for some shows and its rife in the US. Its an extension of their platinum tickets which were introduced when there was such a fuss about seatwave and getmein, both ticketmaster companies, ripping people off with high price resale tickets that had never actually been available to the public the first time round.

At the same time the number of tickets on platinum was being increased ticketmaster changed their website to make it pretty difficult, especially if you don't regularly buy tickets, to distinguish between the face value tickets and the platinum tickets. Every time there's a big show which goes on sale if you check social media you'll see posts from people complaining about tickets costing hundreds as they've bought platinum tickets without realising it.

The whole ticketing industry needs reforming but that's unlikely to happen.

clint van damme

They already do this over here for some shows and its rife in the US. Its an extension of their platinum tickets which were introduced when there was such a fuss about seatwave and getmein, both ticketmaster companies, ripping people off with high price resale tickets that had never actually been available to the public the first time round.

At the same time the number of tickets on platinum was being increased ticketmaster changed their website to make it pretty difficult, especially if you don't regularly buy tickets, to distinguish between the face value tickets and the platinum tickets. Every time there's a big show which goes on sale if you check social media you'll see posts from people complaining about tickets costing hundreds as they've bought platinum tickets without realising it.

The whole ticketing industry needs reforming but that's unlikely to happen.

I've seen the platinum tickets, never realised people got duped into buying them but I can see what your saying if people aren't familiar with the process.

Users who are viewing this thread