Confession time! (1 Viewer)

coundonskyblue

I said on here about 2 months ago that the squad was good but didn't have the guts to be in & around the play offs!

I was wrong, and im so happy that I was!

kg82

Hey, anybody that says this right now has my backing! I know where they're coming from! I was always of the opinion we could do well in this league... With the right manager. I started to doubt it when we were with Shaw but I've backed Robins and he's given us the best football we've seen in a long time. I don't think it's going too far to say Robins is the best thing to happen to this club in over 10 years (which is a f*cking long time!). Fair play coundon, let's just hope we can keep it up - I think we can!

D

Deleted member 4232

Hey, anybody that says this right now has my backing! I know where they're coming from! I was always of the opinion we could do well in this league... With the right manager. I started to doubt it when we were with Shaw but I've backed Robins and he's given us the best football we've seen in a long time. I don't think it's going too far to say Robins is the best thing to happen to this club in over 10 years (which is a f*cking long time!). Fair play coundon, let's just hope we can keep it up - I think we can!
this is also my opinion. Well written.

standupforcity

I completely agree....I feel genuinely excited at the prospect of each game. I only wish the message was getting through to the missing thousands. How amazing it would be to get a crowd of say 15,000 even for a 3rd Division home game....unheard of I'd imagine, but I daresay there's a stato out there who will check this out!

stupot07

Portsmouth have had 17k+ crowd for one of their games this season.

Sheff weds averaged 21336 last season
Southampton 22160 the season before
Leeds 24817
Norwich 24755

Leeds top crowd was 38234 in league one vs Bristol rovers.

Otis

This is pretty much me too.

I thought we would do okay. Knew we needed a good manager at the helm to succeed. AT was a very poor manager in my book.

Robins is exactly what we need. Organised, a disciplinarian, experienced, able to get the best out of his players.

As I've said many a time I predicted 14th in pre-season. This was based on AT being at the helm. I then stuck with that once Robins came in because of the hole he then found the club in (bottom 4) and because he said this was a club was a bit of a mess where so much was wrong.

There had also never ever been any club in the last 40 years who had gone from 4th bottom to top 6 come the end of the season in this division.

When you put this all into context you can truly see just how miraculous this achievement is.

Still a long way to go though. It's now all about sustainability.

But just 2 points off the play-offs must now have everyone believing we can do it mustn't it?

If we can strengthen in the Jan window then that would be fantastic too. Just that added little push.

stupot07

Agree with all of this. Sustaining it is key, and to do that we not only need to replace/re-sign the likes of DMc, bailey and Adams but also strengthen the squad further.

blueflint

while we are all confessing i'll add mine i thought we would still be the other end of the table.i'm pleased to be wrong we have turned a massive corner we aint there yet.we are a lot nearer than i hoped.sisu back us now we may come good and get you some money back

Users who are viewing this thread