Conor Thomas (1 Viewer)

Scott 79

so with young Conor back how does everyone think he will fit into the fold for next season?

Will he be seeing regular first team action or will we see as much of him as we did before his trip to Liverpool?

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's got enough to make our bench next season imo. Not seen enough to say hes a starter! Even at Birmingham, I didnt go away thinking he was the next big thing, yet a few days later, hes off to Liverpool so someone somewhere seen something i havent!

CovScott88

As far as I heard come out of the meeting with Leonard Brody and the board, they are not 100% sure where he will be playing next season.
They must be waiting to see whether Liverpool deem him to be over his injury and as to whether they put in a bid. Hopefully, regardless of if he goes or not, i'd like to see him here even if it's on loan. I think it's fair to say that if he was to stay, he will see a fair bit of football. Won't neccessarily start a whole host of games, but will certainly make alot of appearances.

rob9872

We shouldn't expect too much, he's a young lad and it could crush him entirely. If given time he has promise but nothing more yet and I only hope he stays grounded enough and listens to the coaches without thinking he should be a regular starter. There are years ahead of him, so lets look after him and ensure that we get the right money for him when he will eventually be moved on if he's as hot a prospect as we are led to believe.

Scott 79

sw88, that's my thoughts exactly. i watched the Birmingham game thinking he was ok but didnt feature much.......then the monday after he's off to liverpool. Am i right in thinking we had to give that game so that we could give him a price tag rather than let him go as a trainee?

i'm really interested to see what he's capable of but also agree there's no point pushing him into the squad if he's not ready, can't imagine he would have featured in m/any of livepools first team games for a good few seasons yet

covcity4life

boothroyd said he was the best young 1 touch passer of the ball he had seen

id like to see him play in front of clingan in the middle when hes given the chance

Si80

According to a work colleage of mine who is good friends with Jordan Clarke, Conor is coming back to us and not being taken up by Liverpool.

Apparently he hasn't adapted to life up there too well, and is missing his family back here.

If Gunnarsson does decide to not sign then I think it would be great if we gave CT a chance in the middle of the park.

Nick

Administrator
Would he be up to it though? I know against Brum was his first game for us but I didn't really rate him that highly.

Yes he may be a local lad, yes he may be young and a future star but would he slot in so soon?

kg82

His one game was under Bootroyd - did much of the midfield see the ball that day?! I came out of the game thinking exactly the same but I also thought he didn't really have the chances to get into the game. Under Thorns style it could be completely different?

Nick

Administrator
His one game was under Bootroyd - did much of the midfield see the ball that day?! I came out of the game thinking exactly the same but I also thought he didn't really have the chances to get into the game. Under Thorns style it could be completely different?

Very true, that is what I meant that I have only seen him from one game so wasn't the best judge.

Si80

We played Gunnarsson as an unknown quantatied 18 year old didn't we? And he was a revelation in his first season with us.

It's not like we are going to have a lot of money to go throwing about to bring in a seasoned Championship centre mid, so why not give CT the nod? If we look at possible replacements within the squad now then it's Baker or Deegan to fill that role. Baker probably shades it as I'd rather have an attacking minded player in there leaving Clingan to do the mopping up. But if CT is as highly regarded as it seems then he's got to be in with a shout.

I agree though, he wasn't very good against Blues and imo gifted them the first goal by not closing Bentley down quick enough.

kg82

Very true, that is what I meant that I have only seen him from one game so wasn't the best judge.

Hah, I actually started typing that post before you'd posted Nick, so I didn't see it!

Yeah, I just feel there can't be that much hype about a player - who then goes on loan to Liverpool from a very average Championship club - without there being something to him. I'd actually be fairly excited to see him play under Thorn, see what he can do in that system!

skyblu3sk

Hah, I actually started typing that post before you'd posted Nick, so I didn't see it!

Yeah, I just feel there can't be that much hype about a player - who then goes on loan to Liverpool from a very average Championship club - without there being something to him. I'd actually be fairly excited to see him play under Thorn, see what he can do in that system!

Looking forward to it to, No smoke without fire i'm sure Liverpool had seem much more of him than we have when they took him on loan

Skyblueheff

The bloke i sit next to at work is a Liverpool nut so saw quite alot of him in the reserves on TV. After I had finished abusing him about his club letting talent rot in reserve fixtures rather than get eductation at a lower level he went on to tell me that Thomas had been played in a role just infront of the back 4 to break up play and then start moves much in the shape of what Sammy was doing at the end of the season. Reckon he could be that natural replacement for Clingan when he's not playing rather than being further forward

Users who are viewing this thread