Consolidation (2 Viewers)

Voice_of_Reason

I think next season will be one of consolidation rather than a push for promotion. Virtually a new team and squad to build a foundation for a promotion push 24/25 season. Mid table for me next season, but would to be to be proved wrong !

Hobo

Agree. We need to bring in numerous players so will need time to gel.

djr8369

I think next season will be one of consolidation rather than a push for promotion. Virtually a new team and squad to build a foundation for a promotion push 24/25 season. Mid table for me next season, but would to be to be proved wrong !
It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Nor would finishing top 6 again.

Last night I was looking at the league table from the last few season. Teams really yo-yo up and down this league, even after finishing in the playoffs.

slowpoke

All those teams you mention have finance issues some serious Norwich for example have a huge wage bill to sort out and West Brom. We are in a good position finance wise and will improve our squad I’m confident we’ll be fine.

Hobo

That won’t be good enough anything shy of top six will be failure in my opinion.
I don't think you can judge success and failure like that. I think if you rebuild a new side and there are signs of progress and development within the season you take it. In your world if they didn't get in top six you would rip it up and start again.

The first objective of any side is to get enough points to avoid relegation. After that you see where you go. Any successful season is a building process, it is having the momentum at the right time - which is normally Easter onwards.

Evo1883

Getting seriously pissed of with much of the negativity on here.
Some of you cunts need to give your heads a wobble.
Eric Trump Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

skyblu3sk

I'm not sure the team will need time to gel if we get our business done early. I do think some players will.need time to grow in to the championship though we don't tend to buy too many pre-made players. Given our start this year could still have a decent run!

Ginny74

It will be a consolidation season with likely lot of change in the summer. But that probably applies to a big chunk of teams in the championship as well, especially the teams coming down. We seem to have a good track record of embedding new players in reasonably quickly I.e the new defence this year. Expect another slower start then push on as the season goes.

CCFCBat

I can’t believe how negative fans are on here, after all MR has done, there’s no in Mark Robins we trust. The talk is about a big rebuild next season, has everyone forgotten the season we’ve just had. MR had to build an entire defence even changing his keeper. When it was clear we need new defenders at Christmas he got the right players in, McNally didn’t need bedding in. We kept 29 odd clean sheets. We lost OHare we adapted, we lost Palmer we adapted and that was down to our manager. Yes Vik and Gus will be leaving but he’s known that for months and therefore I trust him to have a plan. He’s proven that when players leave he can replace I.e McNulty left he brought in Godden. When Godden became injury prone he bought in Vik. Remember many on here didn’t think Vik was a good signing. MR proved time and time again he can deal with building a new team and still improving year on year. This year we will be more equipped to getting better players in. Do you believe he sign a 4 year deal without some assurances.

After all he’s done for us, I will back him to build a new squad and still challenge next season. There’s talk about WBA, Norwich, Watford, Leicester being too strong, they all need a rebuild as well. In Robins I trust anyway.

Also yes disappointed about Saturday but we’ve had a great season. There is nothing to me at the moment that says we cannot go one better next season. I’ll save my judgement after I’ve seen the squad. PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

Will be lucky to finish top half next season, with the teams coming down and the likes of Norwich , Middlesbrough, wba , Watford

This was our chance this season, we got let down badly
WBA have ownership and finance issues. Norwich and Watford were average this season.

torchomatic

stay_up_skyblues

WBA have ownership and finance issues. Norwich and Watford were average this season.

They were. And likely to try and sign established/bigger name players which fails as much as it works. More than ever these ex prem squads seem to be full of average players on daft money which restricts spending. The turnover of managers hampers too.

pusbccfc

We need to just enjoy the Championship.

Next year we'll be playing big boys most weeks.

To put it into perspective, when we were in League 2, Southampton, Leicester, West Brom, Swansea, Watford, Huddersfield and Stoke were all in the Premier League. We're playing them all next season.

4/5 years ago, we'd get excited at the prospect of Notts County coming to the CBS with 1500 fans. Next season the majority will bring 3000 or more.

Matchday experience is great now. So many more options for drinking. The atmosphere is class. Plus, we start the season in hope of a play off push. That's what it's all about!

skyblue1991

Will be lucky to finish top half next season, with the teams coming down and the likes of Norwich , Middlesbrough, wba , Watford

Brighton, Villa, Brentford and Luton all went up the season after losing in the play-offs the season before

Trust the management team to get it right

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Robins has improved us every season he has been in charge, so I’m expecting us to be up there challenging again.

Paxman II

I can’t believe how negative fans are on here, after all MR has done, there’s no in Mark Robins we trust. The talk is about a big rebuild next season, has everyone forgotten the season we’ve just had. MR had to build an entire defence even changing his keeper. When it was clear we need new defenders at Christmas he got the right players in, McNally didn’t need bedding in. We kept 29 odd clean sheets. We lost OHare we adapted, we lost Palmer we adapted and that was down to our manager. Yes Vik and Gus will be leaving but he’s known that for months and therefore I trust him to have a plan. He’s proven that when players leave he can replace I.e McNulty left he brought in Godden. When Godden became injury prone he bought in Vik. Remember many on here didn’t think Vik was a good signing. MR proved time and time again he can deal with building a new team and still improving year on year. This year we will be more equipped to getting better players in. Do you believe he sign a 4 year deal without some assurances.

After all he’s done for us, I will back him to build a new squad and still challenge next season. There’s talk about WBA, Norwich, Watford, Leicester being too strong, they all need a rebuild as well. In Robins I trust anyway.

Also yes disappointed about Saturday but we’ve had a great season. There is nothing to me at the moment that says we cannot go one better next season. I’ll save my judgement after I’ve seen the squad. PUSB

well said.

robbiekeane

I think that’s right to be fair. Not sure why everyone is saying it’s negative either thing it’s pretty pragmatic and I wouldn’t see that as a failure. We massively overachieved to sneak in the playoffs this year and while it would’ve been a fairytale ending if we made it happen and were agonisingly close…I’m not sure it was every the plan really

Rugby Sky Blue

It did feel like this was our chance, especially with the teams coming down and the likes of Norwich and Watford having parachute payments. But, to be honest a year consolidating isn't necessarily a bad thing. Depends on how we replace the players that seem to be inevitably leaving. Get good replacements we could push for the play offs agan.

Paxman II

Top 6 for me next season and depending on the signings we may have a shot at top two. Why? Because last year I said Norwich will falter and they did. It's not all roses for those coming down! Leicester have to rebuild, get a manager and will lose most of their better players. Sothampton the same and they have been a bit of basket case the last few seasons as have Leeds. It will not be easy for any of those. We have consolidated, got used to results away from home, which is crucial and will have a new pitch to our liking at home. Robin's and Vivash have this divison worked out. I see a strong season with O'Hare back to his best with something to prove. Can't wait! I think Luton will be straight back down tbh. So blessings in disguise and all that.

CCFCBat

I think that’s right to be fair. Not sure why everyone is saying it’s negative either thing it’s pretty pragmatic and I wouldn’t see that as a failure. We massively overachieved to sneak in the playoffs this year and while it would’ve been a fairytale ending if we made it happen and were agonisingly close…I’m not sure it was every the plan really

You don’t like accepting mid table is negative after this season, Wow

Users who are viewing this thread