Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (14 Viewers)

shmmeee

Just to change tack a little here, Mrs DSB tells me who firm is not going to renew the rent agreement on their quite sizable offices and conference rooms etc.
Apparently home working has been such a success the c e o is looking to save some serious overheads to the tune of some hundreds of thousand of pounds.
Anyone else who's firm is looking at this ?
Makes me think their is going to be quite a lot of redundant office space soon....

Weve doubled in size and reduced our office space by 50% during lockdown. Talk of a new hub type place but even then maybe just booking meeting rooms/meeting in pubs anyway.

skybluetony176

Didn't I see 15trn? That would be 750 per head.

In IT, usually a recipe for disaster.
Not sure what the amount was, just heard the headline it was a tenth of the recommendation. Even at £750 per pupil it’s lacking. I thought we cut overseas aid to look after our own. Not going by these figures.

chiefdave

Just to change tack a little here, Mrs DSB tells me who firm is not going to renew the rent agreement on their quite sizable offices and conference rooms etc.
Apparently home working has been such a success the c e o is looking to save some serious overheads to the tune of some hundreds of thousand of pounds.
Makes me think their is going to be quite a lot of redundant office space soon....
My company has a few years left on the lease of a large building but the landlord is looking to sell and we've said we're more than happy to terminate the lease if it helps the sale as we won't be going back in full time. Most people will be in 1 or 2 days a week.

Every person in the company was asked their preference, for some reason we had to have a zoom meeting for this rather than just sending an email, and everyone preferred working from home. Productivity has gone up and our clients don't even know there's been a change as it makes zero difference to how we work.

I'll be WFH permanently which makes more sense than sitting in traffic for 2 to 4 hours a day because some marketing idiot decided we needed a 'prestige' office address for the Midlands. I'm the only one based up here so I was literally driving hours to sit in an office on my own with the added bonus that it was further away from all our clients so every job took longer. And after all that they never bothered doing any marketing up here :D

skybluetony176

Just listening to Boris’ comments numerous times today I’m now convinced that they’ll be no further lifting of restrictions. He’s clearly setting his stall out to blame the data not me.

fernandopartridge

Ours certainly is, I get the feeling that office working will be the exception rather than the rule, which personally I am not a fan of

Brighton Sky Blue

Just listening to Boris’ comments numerous times today I’m now convinced that they’ll be no further lifting of restrictions. He’s clearly setting his stall out to blame the data not me.

Not sure, I think it's a rare case of honesty

"I can see nothing in the data at the moment that means we can't go ahead with step four of the opening on 21 June," he said.

"But we've got to be so cautious because there's no question the ONS (Office for National Statistics) data of infection rates is showing an increase.

"We always knew that was going to happen. Don't forget we always said the unlocking steps that we've taken would lead to increases in infection.

"What we need to work out is to what extent the vaccination programme has protected enough of us - particularly the elderly and vulnerable - against a new surge.

"There, I'm afraid, the data is just still ambiguous and so every day we're having long sessions where we're interrogating all the data, we're looking at all the various models.

"And the best the scientists can say at the moment, in their guidance to us, is that we just need to give it a little bit longer."

Marty

Don't know if anyone has been following what was going on in the US, but back to the lab leak conspiracy/theory.

Emails have been leaked to Dr. Fauci which show a doctor in Wuhan thanking him for dismissing the lab leak theory (ok innocent enough on its own maybe). But that same guy gave 600 thousand dollars to the lab, then 'investigated' it for the WHO, and finally acted as a Facebook 'fact checker' for said theory.

View attachment 20348

It's dodgy as fuck, heads must roll and I mean literally.

baldy

I saw a video on YouTube yesterday & that’s what most of the comments were saying...that,as part of the ‘great reset’,empty offices will just be turned into housing for the rich amongst us 😆

COV

Don't know if anyone has been following what was going on in the US, but back to the lab leak conspiracy/theory.

Emails have been leaked to Dr. Fauci which show a doctor in Wuhan thanking him for dismissing the lab leak theory (ok innocent enough on its own maybe). But that same guy gave 600 thousand dollars to the lab, then 'investigated' it for the WHO, and finally acted as a Facebook 'fact checker' for said theory.

View attachment 20348
who said this?

baldy

People like Beverley Turner being given prime time slots on TV to spout her nonsense is very unhelpful. Her Twitter feed and some of her followers looks increasingly unhinged

To be honest,I’ve just seen the clip of her stating absolute facts to Dermot O’Dreary on that awful morning programme along with that tit Matthew Wright & his horrific ponytail & what she said was absolutely factually correct about the average age of death of corona victims etc
Because O’Dreary’s a mainstream media muppet who’s only good at reading from an autocue,he made himself look like an absolutely arrogant twat by speaking over her & not having the slightest clue what he’s on about - stick to presenting your X Factor tosh instead of presenting a 2 hour long morning programme Dermot...you‘re out of your depth son

Grendel

To be honest,I’ve just seen the clip of her stating absolute facts to Dermot O’Dreary on that awful morning programme along with that tit Matthew Wright & his horrific ponytail & what she said was absolutely factually correct about the average age of death of corona victims etc
Because O’Dreary’s a mainstream media muppet who’s only good at reading from an autocue,he made himself look like an absolutely arrogant twat by speaking over her & not having the slightest clue what he’s on about - stick to presenting your X Factor tosh instead of presenting a 2 hour long morning programme Dermot...you‘re out of your depth son

Lol turner is a thick as fuck moron

skybluetony176

who said this?
A ton of his emails have been published. Some are people asking advice like should I get the pneumonia jab and he’s personally replied to them. But he also receives a ton of crank emails from a “doctor” or “public health official” in “wuhan” claiming to have proof that this, that or the other is what really happened in China. People like briebart are all over them claiming it’s proof he’s part of a cover up without actually questioning the authenticity of the source of the email he received.

wingy

I'd say the positives of being single far outweigh the negatives.
It's an interesting dilemma to observe and will be interesting to see what policies come the fore in future,as to whether they design the policy to drive a return into workspace/Cities etc

Interesting because no one raised an eyebrow regards the decimation of community cohesion,mixing gathering in places like WMC's, Pubs etc

That was just collateral wastage due to technology taking over , responsibility like paying down your mortgage

The value of societal cohesion has had much removed that helped create community .IMO

COV

A ton of his emails have been published. Some are people asking advice like should I get the pneumonia jab and he’s personally replied to them. But he also receives a ton of crank emails

Its clearly rubbish, it took me 3 mins to see other leaked mails totally disproving it. Why do people take this stuff seriously? Breitbart, ffs

Skybluefaz

Its clearly rubbish, it took me 3 mins to see other leaked mails totally disproving it. Why do people take this stuff seriously? Breitbart, ffs
911 was an inside job. Saw a video on YouTube that proves it.

Being serious I'm not sure what the attraction is. Some sort of desire to feel more informed than the next person? Even if the information is questionable to say the least.

skybluetony176

I’ve just won eleventy million pounds on the African lottery but need £1000 for the administration fee. Send me £1000 and I’ll split the winnings with you. True story.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A ton of his emails have been published. Some are people asking advice like should I get the pneumonia jab and he’s personally replied to them. But he also receives a ton of crank emails from a “doctor” or “public health official” in “wuhan” claiming to have proof that this, that or the other is what really happened in China. People like briebart are all over them claiming it’s proof he’s part of a cover up without actually questioning the authenticity of the source of the email he received.

It isn't Brierbart rubbish though is it?

The WHO sent this guy to investigate Wuhan lab, an investigation which took 3 hours. This same guy has a personal investment in the lab.

This isn't some anti-vaxx, covid-denier stuff.

skybluetony176

The WHO sent this guy to investigate Wuhan lab, an investigation which took 3 hours. This same guy has a personal investment in the lab.

Ahh. Why didn’t you say it was “this guy”. Clearly true then. I was thinking it was whatshisname. Silly me.

Grendel

Unless Biden has joined Brierbart probably not

skyblue1991

Yep, out company has adoped an 'agile working' approach moving forward. Basically only come to the office when needed. Personally suits me fine, probably will come in once a week.

Most people I know don't want WFH full time but also don't want 5x days a week in the office so its a fair compromise.

skybluetony176

Unless Biden has joined Brierbart probably not

The 2 are not even connected.

Briebart taking crank emails as fact and the POTUS ordering an investigation into ALL possible origins of the virus including theories of it being lab grown are not nearly the same thing. If it does turn out that it is lab grown it won’t be the crank emails that certain media outlets are wanking themselves over that uncovered it.

It is nice to see a POTUS taking it seriously though instead of labelling it their latest hoax, promoting drugs they have a vested interest in as a miracle cure, promoting the drinking of bleach, promoting putting a UV light source down your throat or up your... etc.

Users who are viewing this thread