Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (29 Viewers)

Sick Boy

What’s he getting at though- is he saying another lockdown is on the way?
It’s inevitable that there will be some form of lockdown in European countries in autumn and winter. (That includes the UK for those who somehow don’t see it as European). ;)

shmmeee

It’s inevitable that there will be some form of lockdown in European countries in autumn and winter. (That includes the UK for those who somehow don’t see it as European). ;)

To what end though?

Makes sense while you’re waiting for a vaccine. If that’s not going to prevent lockdown, what will?

Frostie

I can't believe anybody of a non tory persuasion isn't turning the "lockdown is necessary to protect the NHS" into "investment in the NHS and all public services is necessary to protect everybody and avoid lockdown"

Instead the pandemic is seemingly being weaponised by the Tories to say "NHS isn't fit for purpose" so they will force through the Health and Care Bill & essentially begin flogging it off as has always been their aim.

wingy

Anyone numerate enough to run the calcs if it's at all possible to measure if the vaccines efficacy of circa 60% stacks up to a similar level re onward transmission ?

COV

Anyone numerate enough to run the calcs if it's at all possible to measure if the vaccines efficacy of circa 60% stacks up to a similar level re onward transmission ?

I’m not poo-pooing what you’re doing at all so don’t take it that way, but what do you gain from all these complicated calculations?

You’re either gonna get it or you aren’t, and if you’re vaccinated you’re probably gonna be ok even if you do get it 👍

hill83

I’m not poo-pooing what you’re doing at all so don’t take it that way, but what do you gain from all these complicated calculations?

You’re either gonna get it or you aren’t, and if you’re vaccinated you’re probably gonna be ok even if you do get it 👍

So it’s a 50/50 chance like the lottery then.

NorthernWisdom

To what end though?

Makes sense while you’re waiting for a vaccine. If that’s not going to prevent lockdown, what will?
The end would be, surely, the natural immunity in people to build up, and / or the nice weak transmittable strain to pop along, asking with the anti viral drugs?

(As an aside lockdown and restrictions end up interchangeable, not necessarily from you in this instance, but there's a big difference between not being allowed to leave your house and total freedom, with many stages in between. Worth noting 'normality' doesn't hit total freedom anyway)

wingy

I just want to make some sense of the efficacy claims from studies to real world for instance Pfizer in Israel produced real world figures on transmission that closely matched the efficacy in trials of close to 95% ,so just trying to see if ours comes out at around 60-65%.

COV

I just want to make some sense of the efficacy claims from studies to real world for instance Pfizer in Israel produced real world figures on transmission that closely matched the efficacy in trials of close to 95% ,so just trying to see if ours comes out at around 60-65%.

Fair enough

Only thing I know about the Pfizer is that it made me feel like crap for 3 days 😁

shmmeee

The end would be, surely, the natural immunity in people to build up, and / or the nice weak transmittable strain to pop along, asking with the anti viral drugs?

(As an aside lockdown and restrictions end up interchangeable, not necessarily from you in this instance, but there's a big difference between not being allowed to leave your house and total freedom, with many stages in between. Worth noting 'normality' doesn't hit total freedom anyway)

Yeah sorry when I say lockdown I mean what we did March 2020, not what we’ve got now.

As for restrictions, I’d like to see masks in public communal areas but considering we haven’t even hit “freedom day” and I’m already the odd one out when I wear a mask in shops I can’t see that sticking.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You’ve posted one travel rule, for one country, which came into effect after you traveled, and applies to a country which, depending on your itinerary, you may not even have been classed as an “arrival” in, but anyway, I’m terribly sorry for not interrupting my weekend sooner. In fairness, me and everyone else who found your post funny didn’t realise we were talking to a modern day Magellan. Hopefully we can all recover. But thanks for the tag!

You are completely wrong again.

You would think after one strike you would stop. At least one or two people that jumped on originally had the guts to semi-correct themselves.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You have to be the most overly defensive & easily offended person on here

I had five people jump down my throat about a post I made which was trying to be helpful. Not only that but the counter arguments were completely incorrect.

The same people doing it and liking each others posts are the ones that preach on the mental health thread too. There really is no need.

COV

I had five people jump down my throat about a post I made which was trying to be helpful. Not only that but the counter arguments were completely incorrect.

The same people doing it and liking each others posts are the ones that preach on the mental health thread too. There really is no need.

How was it helpful?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How was it helpful?

Why are you still carrying on? This persistence just fuels the rumours that you are Ring of Steel because it was exactly the same there.

There are many nervous people on this thread, and many people that have not seen family members for a very long time. Given that many of them didn't know the rules for crossing borders, I thought sharing my story at the very least would paint a picture of what's going on within the continent. As I said, I was surprised at the lack of checks considering and thought that would at least be interesting to some.

hill83

You’ve got either a complete lack of self awareness or a selective memory. “Lockdown lover” and people being “triggered” a few weeks ago in here from you wasn’t it? Questioning people suggesting they had mental health issues in regards to this whole pandemic as well wasn’t it?

The fucking cheek of bringing up the mental health thread.

Sorry for my joke about guilders pal.
And to quote yourself. Stop playing the victim.

Last edited:

COV

Why are you still carrying on? This persistence just fuels the rumours that you are Ring of Steel because it was exactly the same there.

There are many nervous people on this thread, and many people that have not seen family members for a very long time. Given that many of them didn't know the rules for crossing borders, I thought sharing my story at the very least would paint a picture of what's going on within the continent. As I said, I was surprised at the lack of checks considering and thought that would at least be interesting to some.

The way you switch directions from hinting at conspiracies to “I’m only trying to help all the nervous people on here”- it’s a bit disturbing tbh

hill83

And for what it’s worth if you are ever in a situation where 5 people are ‘jumping on’ what you are saying have a little look closer to home.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You’ve got either a complete lack of self awareness or a selective memory. “Lockdown lover” and people being “triggered” a few weeks ago in here from you wasn’t it? Questioning people suggesting they had mental health issues in regards to this whole pandemic as well wasn’t it?

The fucking cheek of bringing up the mental health thread.

Sorry for my joke about guilders pal.
And to quote yourself. Stop playing the victim.

Actually, unlike many on here, I decided to try and be a bit more respectful towards people who had different views to me following the understanding that some of the things I said upset people.

That doesn't mean I regret saying everything of what I said, as @NorthernWisdom in particular showed his true colours in terms of how nasty he is as a person. Some of the insults that came from there were disgusting. That was a real fine example of playing the victim too. Now he decides to block me but like absolutely any post which goes against me. I think that is a bit cowardly, as are the people who jump on the pile on when they don't even know the facts of what I was talking about. That goes for you too, with the sarcastic comments. There is no need. Maybe instead of jumping on the pile on you should have a bit more respect as well. When you were going through a hard time I don't remember me being anything other than supportive towards you.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The way you switch directions from hinting at conspiracies to “I’m only trying to help all the nervous people on here”- it’s a bit disturbing tbh

You are calling me disturbing?

You are the one that made a new account because you got hounded off your old one.

hill83

Actually, unlike many on here, I decided to try and be a bit more respectful towards people who had different views to me following the understanding that some of the things I said upset people.

That doesn't mean I regret saying everything of what I said, as @NorthernWisdom in particular showed his true colours in terms of how nasty he is as a person. Some of the insults that came from there were disgusting. That was a real fine example of playing the victim too. Now he decides to block me but like absolutely any post which goes against me. I think that is a bit cowardly, as are the people who jump on the pile on when they don't even know the facts of what I was talking about. That goes for you too, with the sarcastic comments. There is no need. Maybe instead of jumping on the pile on you should have a bit more respect as well. When you were going through a hard time I don't remember me being anything other than supportive towards you.

I live for sarcasm. You aren’t wriggling out of the mental health when it suits though.

Thanks for the support to be fair.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No, I called you a c**t because you're a c**t.

And a prick.

You don't see what's in front of your face do you, you absolute bellend.

I tried to make peace with you, but you declined and hurled a load of insults back.

I've told you nicely to stay out of my way on this forum and I will return you the same favour. If you aren't prepared to do that then it really is on you at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread