Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (14 Viewers)

wingy

Lying fuckers.
Tbf it's not the lying because that's like saying water is wet. It's the smugness that Hancock delivers it with.
It's semantics really.
But he did shoot his mouth off
It is definitely not an easy gig but he offers up many excuses along with jam tomorrow type statements plus a touch of mendacity.

wingy

Doesn’t explain why we didn’t see an outbreak until March though. The virus didn’t get more contagious recently so if it was around then it should’ve been ripping through the country killing thousands and it wasn’t.
Two strain's S and L?

wingy

Different strains maybe? Maybe it mutated? I don't know, as I say, could be pie in the sky. Doubt we'll ever know the whole truth.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I wonder if the email to con party members over the age of 65 swung it .:)

chiefdave

They didn't manage what they officially said they were going to do

Not even particularly close to the target. 73,191 people tested.

Be interesting to see how the numbers hold up, are they going to mail out tens of thousands every day to artificially keep the number high or are they hoping people won't notice if it drops back down again?

Astute

They're are also counting tests that haven't been sent out. How can that be right?

I would suggest counting those returned to the lab but either way, as CD said, it's a fudge.
I have only seen them counting the tests when sent out as I stated earlier.

Astute

More than it was afterwards buddy, I don't think anyone could argue otherwise
So what stocks did we have?

We have done nothing but consider it for a very ling time. Yes it includes Labour but also the Tories for a lot more than 10 years. But as usual many only want to count the last 10 years.

Astute

Not even particularly close to the target. 73,191 people tested.

Be interesting to see how the numbers hold up, are they going to mail out tens of thousands every day to artificially keep the number high or are they hoping people won't notice if it drops back down again?
They just needed to hit the target by the end of the month. Then they will come out with their excuses like they could have tested 100,000 but they were not needed.

shmmeee

I think testing numbers is a bit of a red herring TBH. What matters is do we have the testing infrastructure to do contract tracing and testing to lift lockdown more. For that we need testing in the places it’s needed not just tests full stop. I think if nothing else the Hancock target has focused minds on capacity and now to look at how that capacity can be used to practically help us out of lockdown.

CCFCSteve

They just needed to hit the target by the end of the month. Then they will come out with their excuses like they could have tested 100,000 but they were not needed.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read Germany utilise nowhere near their daily/weekly capacity. If you’re mainly testing people who (think they’ve) ‘got it’ and you’re testing 100k+ a day, you’re probably going to either be testing the same people on repeat (health/social care workers) or you’re fucked !

Nice to have the capacity (turning around large numbers of tests, quickly, all over the country) if its required but hope it’s not

As mentioned, rolling out a reliable antibody test is a different matter

chiefdave

Different strains maybe? Maybe it mutated? I don't know, as I say, could be pie in the sky. Doubt we'll ever know the whole truth.
They've been testing in Iceland and seem to think there's different strains and somehow they've traced them back to which countries they came into Iceland from.
Iceland lab testing suggests 50% of coronavirus cases are asymptomatic - CNN
Although I don't think that accounts for a strain that could have swept through the country without anyone noticing.

wingy

skybluetony176

Dom probably thinks Boris got all his baby mommas pregnant by titting them up and fingering them. Much like Lloyd did in Dumb and Dumber.

No we tested less than 80k people yesterday.

This was admitted by the science fella, they included tests not yet taken

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
It is actually pathetic that anybody with the DH went along with this shite. They really have filled the civil service with ambitious yes boys and girls, fucking useless.

SkyBlueDom26

Dom probably thinks Boris got all his baby mommas pregnant by titting them up and fingering them. Much like Lloyd did in Dumb and Dumber.
mate you vote the tories stop being a hypocrite, we know you support boris deep down so stop being deluded

Last edited:

David O'Day

He over achieved by 22% with 122k, we did 122k tests
No we did not do 122k tests. That is a lie we actually conducted less than 80k tests.

Why are you continually posting something that has been prove to be a lie.

David O'Day

He over achieved by 22% with 122k, we did 122k tests
Fuck me you are dumb, as 39k if the 122k tests have not be processed yet can you please explain how we did 122k tests?

Tests shipped to testing sites but not actually processed yet are not tests processed

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

No we did not do 122k tests. That is a lie we actually conducted less than 80k tests.

Why are you continually posting something that has been prove to be a lie.

Because he’s very low intelligence, he spent weeks crying about how afraid he was, now he’s clinging to any old lie.

David O'Day

Because he’s very low intelligence, he spent weeks crying about how afraid he was, now he’s clinging to any old lie.
It's madness, the dhsc figures show 39k tests were not processed but only failed out.

The promise was 100k people tested and they only did 73k

SeaSeeEffCee

Hopefully the football can come back soon so Dom can stop eating the shit out of every Tory MPs arse and get back to believing every transfer rumour on some "agent" has tweeted about.

Users who are viewing this thread