Could Wembley be your final game ? (1 Viewer)

duffer

Dictate
Opinion

2 very different things

Ah - so what you're saying then is that what when you said...

"If you buy a season ticket or match ticket for a Div 2 game you are prolonging the agony for all of us....think about it"

... it was just your opinion, and wasn't intended in any way to deride fans who just want to support their team, or make them feel guilty for doing so?

Nick

Administrator
Ah - so what you're saying then is that what when you said...

"If you buy a season ticket or match ticket for a Div 2 game you are prolonging the agony for all of us....think about it"

... it was just your opinion, and wasn't intended in any way to deride fans who just want to support their team, or make them feel guilty for doing so?

It quite clearly was, it is just the usual trying to then hide it behind opinion after turning out to be massive hypocrite about it all anyway to have a trip to Wembley and "keep SISU here" himself.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's sad to see that once again another thread has descended into the usual I'm-morally-better-than-you garbage where those going / not going/ thinking about renewing / not renewing their season ticket or going/not going to Wembley are under fire for whatever decision they make.
I 've had a season ticket since 1975, the year I first went to Highfield Road. For every year since then except for Sixfields, and two season 1982-4, I've paid in. I can count on one hand the season that have been really uplifting. The others have been at best average and of course there have been countless disappointments and relegation battles. So why have I returned year after year ? Hope and a genuine though often misguided belief that things will be better. That's the same for many people. What's changed now is the unstoppable spiral of decline and a owner that , for the first time, has convinced everyone beyond any doubt that they don't care and that actually they are content to let the club die.

If we are relegated by the cup final I won't go again this season. It's too painful and I am too angry at what has gone on. If anyone is critical of that I couldn't give a toss, having had a season ticket for almost 40 years. I won't criticise anyone who continues to go because I admire their loyalty. I won't criticise anyone who doesn't go because I can fully understand their reasons.

As for Grendel's remark about people going again if we make it to the play offs , would he rather thousands of fair weather supporters not reappear because its somehow morally wrong ?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Doubt I'll go next year much. Was pondering a season ticket but am pretty turned on going to play 11-a-side again.

Just need to find a team again now.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

The club is not the club I fell in love with at 8 years old, when I walked up the steps of Highfield Road and saw the pitch for the first time. It is a million miles away from that. The club is soul less and on its deathbed.

I'm angry and furious with SISU but I just don't have the passion, interest or willpower to go to the games anymore. Out of the Ricoh in 2018, no academy in June, no training ground once it's sold for land...what's left to support?

Wembley will be my my goodbye to CCFC, as I simply can't face how low we have sunk anymore...

NorthernWisdom

Anyway, I'll do as I do now. Will go if/when I find the time or inclination (and if anybody asks!) and probably be a bit more disposed to go if we win a few games.

The levek doesn't bother me that much really, it's just the process of losing and suing to get us to the level!

Grendel

It's sad to see that once again another thread has descended into the usual I'm-morally-better-than-you garbage where those going / not going/ thinking about renewing / not renewing their season ticket or going/not going to Wembley are under fire for whatever decision they make.
I 've had a season ticket since 1975, the year I first went to Highfield Road. For every year since then except for Sixfields, and two season 1982-4, I've paid in. I can count on one hand the season that have been really uplifting. The others have been at best average and of course there have been countless disappointments and relegation battles. So why have I returned year after year ? Hope and a genuine though often misguided belief that things will be better. That's the same for many people. What's changed now is the unstoppable spiral of decline and a owner that , for the first time, has convinced everyone beyond any doubt that they don't care and that actually they are content to let the club die.

If we are relegated by the cup final I won't go again this season. It's too painful and I am too angry at what has gone on. If anyone is critical of that I couldn't give a toss, having had a season ticket for almost 40 years. I won't criticise anyone who continues to go because I admire their loyalty. I won't criticise anyone who doesn't go because I can fully understand their reasons.

As for Grendel's remark about people going again if we make it to the play offs , would he rather thousands of fair weather supporters not reappear because its somehow morally wrong ?

The point i am making is the contradiction - people can't say they will not ever go while these owners are in charge but then admit they will if there is perceived success. They prove that actually the reason they don't go is they don't like the product.

Fair enough no argument there.

I actually don't think you will find anyone who goes and will continue to having any issue with those who don't as the product no longer attracts them,

However, when some idiot comes on here and says that I should think of the club and other fans BEFORE I purchase a ticket next year the implication is I am harming the organisation. That's offensive.

When the same individual then admits at the end of the season they'd pitch up at Wembley if the club made it that's beyond offensive.

PurpleBin

Oddly enough, it will be only my second game for about 6-7 years. Don't hate, I did my fair share of home and away over a number of years. I moved away so I went to fewer games and eventually gave up. Now though, I'm actually considering a season ticket next year and getting back into it. The feeling of watching City in the semi final a few weeks back rekindled that passion and I guess it made me realize that you never lose it...

Can't wait for Wembley and hopefully that will spur us on.

Ashdown

Not even bought a ticket yet, even though I have access to 6 still. Don't fancy sitting in the crap seats and don't fancy watching us get humiliated. The City were a huge part of my life but 'Northampton' trashed that habitual loyalty and I find it painful reading on here the lack of unity. The worst thing of all is I think Tim Fisher above all others is enjoying twisting the knife into the people of Coventry as the club is slowly but surely destroyed and that winds me up the most.

Cavan O'Doherty

Stick by being a hypocrite? Nice one.

All you have done is completely nullify the stupid crap like "if you go to games you prolong this for everybody else" by doing the exact same thing yourself because it's Wembley and not Shrewsbury or somebody.

Keep up the moral crusade, it needs more strong people like you.
For fucks sake, the geezer is going to enjoy his day out at Wembley and not buy a season ticket! What's the issue? Of course more people are going to come out at Wembley and not Shrewsbury, as who genuinely wants to go to Shrewsbury? You'd be a fool to miss out one last day in the sunshine, as we will most likely not have one for the foreseeable future under these clowns

Ashdown

For fucks sake, the geezer is going to enjoy his day out at Wembley and not buy a season ticket! What's the issue? Of course more people are going to come out at Wembley and not Shrewsbury, as who genuinely wants to go to Shrewsbury? You'd be a fool to miss out one last day in the sunshine, as we will most likely not have one for the foreseeable future under these clowns
'Sunshine'........this is England, the trains and coaches will probably be delayed, it will piss it down and we'll get stuffed again by Oxford !!

Grendel

The issue is his statement that those who buy season tickets next season are selfish and should think of the supporters and what their actions are doing to the club.

Nick

Administrator

The issue is the statement about people who will be buying season tickets or going to watch CCFC next season.

Have you got selective reading?

duffer

Doubt I'll go next year much. Was pondering a season ticket but am pretty turned on going to play 11-a-side again.

Just need to find a team again now.

Regrdless of CCFC if I had one bit of advice, as an old, crap, very amateur footballer, it's always more fun playing than watching. Make the most of your youth and who knows, by the time you stop playing you might have a decent team worth watching again. :)

Or as NW says, given our current rate of slippage you might end up playing for us!

Nick

Administrator
Would like to play again also, but that means it is most of Sundays gone if playing on a sunday and can't justify Saturday and Sunday :(

Evo1883

If will as usual be attending every away game , wether renew my season ticket or not is yet to be decided .
I had originally said no, wait to see what the old man does first

afan4life

end of the day I will watch City at Wembley for less (£20) than it cost to watch at The Ricoh (£26) and we get a day out with the match outcome being of no significance to anyone followed by a peaceful demo winwinlosedrawwinwin

Users who are viewing this thread