Council won't get involved with Talks about the academy (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
When the council agreed to sell its share to ACL to Wasps, it insisted that the deal would not happen unless it ensured the “security and future of Coventry City Football Club”.

But with the Academy’s future uncertain and Wasps pulling the plugs on Ricoh Arena talks, the Telegraph asked Coun Duggins if he still felt the deal had satisfied that test.

He said: “I don’t really want to comment on that. We’re proud of the football club and want it to thrive. I think those are discussions for Wasps and the football club.”

That sort of thing is why the council need a bit of pressure too...

He obviously knows it isn't satisfying it.

My position on discussions around the Ricoh and other issues is that they really have to drop the legal action they have taken. I really don’t think, until they have done that, there can be meaningful discussions.

Who is he to say there can't be any meaningful discussions about us playing at the Ricoh (and renting from Wasps) until legal action against is dropped?

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
So, why is that surprising, it is clear the only party that wants the legal action to continue is SISU, they are the ones on the offensive.

If you want peace you have to either destroy your enemies or talk to them.

It would be surprising because they are the ones saying the door is open...So if they now come out and say "oh no, we cant talk because of legal action" then how does that look?

stupot07

Its bollocks. Yes we all want the legal action dropping but this is just a cop out bullshit excuse, that absolves themselves of any responsibility.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Its bollocks. Yes we all want the legal action dropping but this is just a cop out bullshit excuse, that absolves themselves of any responsibility.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All it means is they can do what they want but then lay all blame on SISU and the club. The worrying thing is how people fall for it.

The scariest bit is the no comment about Wasps damaging CCFC...

Grendel

So, why is that surprising, it is clear the only party that wants the legal action to continue is SISU, they are the ones on the offensive.

If you want peace you have to either destroy your enemies or talk to them.

I see. So if an employee of a business was injured in a works machine which prevents him from doing the same job and took legal action, but wanted to retain employment in some capacity, you'd back the employer if they'd take a stance of "drop that silly little lawsuit and we will think about it"?

Captain Dart

It would be surprising because they are the ones saying the door is open...So if they now come out and say "oh no, we cant talk because of legal action" then how does that look?

Mixed messages coming out at the moment. I think a lot will depend on the way SISU approach talks.

If the other parties feel they are not genuinely seeking a solution but trying to get evidence for their JR's then I reckon the talks could get suspended.

dongonzalos

To be honest I did find it a bit strange the club were making a big song and dance about writing to the council saying they would take part in talks.

I thought firstly you shouldn't be proud that you are prepared to take part in talks. It's your bloody academy you should be banging people's doors firmly to get the talks started.
Secondly why are you writing to the council, Wasps and CSF are asking for the talks contact them and the others you want there and get on with it.

This reply by the council is just another opportunity to state stop comming for help from us when you are pointlessly suing us. However they could have just said the talks are nothing to do with us. We will provide planning advice only which is standard practice, crack on with your meetings.

Grendel

Ah dongle pops up to help Council Dart out to defend the indefensible. Bruce put the boot into CCFC can't be far away.

Nick

Administrator
To be honest I did find it a bit strange the club were making a big song and dance about writing to the council saying they would take part in talks.

I thought firstly you shouldn't be proud that you are prepared to take part in talks. It's your bloody academy you should be banging people's doors firmly to get the talks started.
Secondly why are you writing to the council, Wasps and CSF are asking for the talks contact them and the others you want there and get on with it.

This reply by the council is just another opportunity to state stop comming for help from us when you are pointlessly suing us. However they could have just said the talks are nothing to do with us. We will provide planning advice only which is standard practice, crack on with your meetings.

What about his no comment about the conditions of the Wasps move? Just seems strange the councillors were given these conditions when voting on whether to allow it or not but now they don't want to talk about them?

dongonzalos

Ah dongle pops up to help Council Dart out to defend the indefensible. Bruce put the boot into CCFC can't be far away.

Childish, this is too serious for your simplistic camp warfare comments.
The club need to contact Wasps and CSF with Spirt England and the FA copied in asking for a date and time for talks to resume that all can make.

Nick

Administrator
The club need to contact Wasps and CSF with Spirt England and the FA copied in asking for a date and time for talks to resume that all can make.

They have already said that Sport England and the FA are already up for meeting.

The onus is on CSF and Wasps now isn't it? It won't be long until we get a "door is open, kicking barn in the evening" type statement that doesn't say anything at all.

dongonzalos

What about his no comment about the conditions of the Wasps move? Just seems strange the councillors were given these conditions when voting on whether to allow it or not but now they don't want to talk about them?

I would suggest he is very paranoid about answering questions like that because I am guessing (only guessing) they are been sued and he probably has been told not to answer such questions.
He probably has to run everything through the legals before answering questions like that.

Does that change the fact that the club are communicating with the wrong people regarding these talks?

Grendel

Two parties have agreed talks with CCFC - down to wasps now - what's the excuse now they will make - that no doubt you and Council D will back to the hilt?

Grendel

Ah defence already made

Nick

Administrator
I would suggest he is very paranoid about answering questions like that because I am guessing (only guessing) they are been sued and he probably has been told not to answer such questions.
He probably has to run everything through the legals before answering questions like that.

Does that change the fact that the club are communicating with the wrong people regarding these talks?

Surely he has nothing to worry about if Wasps aren't damaging CCFC?

Embarrassing really, giving the no comment makes it clear he knows Wasps are damaging CCFC by being here. Otherwise he would have just said it.

dongonzalos

They have already said that Sport England and the FA are already up for meeting.

The onus is on CSF and Wasps now isn't it? It won't be long until we get a "door is open, kicking barn in the evening" type statement that doesn't say anything at all.

Oh right so the onus is on the all the other parties to arrange the talks for our academy.
Sorry I thought it might down to us to try and contact everybody and get things moving.
Let's write to someone else then and do a press release and sit back and wait and see what happens.
I take it Wasps and CSF saying lets meet face to face and actually turning up to an arranged meeting no longer counts it's now down to Wasps and CSF to make the arrangements to save our academy.
Fair enough I didn't get how this works.
"Right everyone we have graciously said we will talk to people about saving our own academy. You lucky guys you lot. Now get on with arranging it for us!"

Grendel

Embarrassing really, giving the no comment makes it clear he knows Wasps are damaging CCFC by being here. Otherwise he would have just said it.

What's more embarrassing are the CCFC "fans" who roll up to defend it.

Nick

Administrator
Oh right so the onus is on the all the other parties to arrange the talks for our academy.
Sorry I thought it might down to us to try and contact everybody and get things moving.
Let's write to someone else then and do a press release and sit back and wait and see what happens.
I take it Wasps and CSF saying lets meet face to face and actually turning up to an arranged meeting no longer counts it's now down to Wasps and CSF to make the arrangements to save our academy.
"Right everyone we have graciously said we will talk to people about saving our own academy. You lucky guys you lot. Now get on with arranging it for us!"

Nobody has said it should be arranged for them should it?

It is still interesting they referred to CSF's email to Wasps about Breed saying they should all meet and sort it.

How do you know they haven't been contacted?

Grendel

Always defending everyone but CCFC. Always more passionate on these issues than anything else. Always proud of organisations that want to shaft the club.

Too obvious now. It's boring.

dongonzalos

I don't know they got advice it seems to keep their gobs shut over JR/1 and they were found to have nothing to worry about in that.
I think but I am no expert that it's quite standard where lawyers will say you are in the right here but keep your gob shut so you don't say anything stupid that can be twisted and potentially jeopardise things.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know they got advices it seems to keep their gobs shut over JR/1 and they were found to have nothing to worry about in that.
I think but I am no expert that it's quite standard where lawyers will say you are in the right here but keep your gob shut so you don't say anything stupid that can be twisted and potentially jeopardise things.

It isn't about keeping their gob shut about it is it? Him giving a no comment is very telling. Why wouldn't he say "I cant discuss that due to court proceedings" or something?

It is amazing how when stuff like this that makes people like the council look bad you see things, it won't be long until some sort of article blaming SISU for something will come out or a rumour started from somebody like Juggy to get everybody angry.

dongonzalos

Always defending everyone but CCFC. Always more passionate on these issues than anything else. Always proud of organisations that want to shaft the club.

Too obvious now. It's boring.

Just capable of thinking past

"They are the owners of CCFC so whatever decision they make is the best for CCFC"

You should try thinking outside this little box for once it will be quite an enlightening moment for you.

I promise sometimes SISU will do something because it's good for SISU but it may not necessarily be the best thing for CCFC.

dongonzalos

It isn't about keeping their gob shut about it is it? Him giving a no comment is very telling. Why wouldn't he say "I cant discuss that due to court proceedings" or something?

It is amazing how when stuff like this that makes people like the council look bad you see things, it won't be long until some sort of article blaming SISU for something will come out or a rumour started from somebody like Juggy to get everybody angry.

Does it amaze you that we are writing letters to the council and doing press releases about writing to the council. However it seems (I can't be certain)
We are not picking up the phone and asking the people we need the talks with for dates?
That is what this thread is about isn't it, the talks? I expect Grendel to try and divert away from that, that is standard practice but others.....

Nick

Administrator
Does it amaze you that we are writing letters to the council and doing press releases about writing to the council. However it seems (I can't be certain)
We are not picking up the phone and asking the people we need the talks with for dates?
That is what this thread is about isn't it, the talks? I expect Grendel to try and divert away from that, that is standard practice but others.....

How do you know?

All sides need to be pressured to meet now don't they, and I'd bet it won't be long until something is said that it can't be done because of legal noise.

Then people will be "oh fucking SISU RAR RAR" rather than "hold up, you said the door was open".

Grendel

Everyone uses e mail to arrange meetings now days.

The only person who is diverting from answering points regarding the council statement is you isn't it?

dongonzalos

How do you know?

All sides need to be pressured to meet now don't they, and I'd bet it won't be long until something is said that it can't be done because of legal noise.

Then people will be "oh fucking SISU RAR RAR" rather than "hold up, you said the door was open".

Wasps and CSF went to the last meeting and SISU never turned up.
So now if Wasps and CSF say its to do with the legals. Then why the hell were they at the last meeting.
If they come out with that, then it is just an coordinated effort to get the legals dropped (IMO).
However fact of the matter is they have said they want the talks. They turned up to the last meeting.
We were the ones not turning up.
The last meeting had to be arranged by someone else which I find gob snacking.
We have now wrote to someone who doesn't need to be in the meetings saying we want meetings.
We have released this to the press but as far as I can see we haven't actually attempted to rearrange the meetings.
It's our bloody academy for gods sake.
If what some people believe is true, then Wasps and CSF are not going to be rushing round, making the arrangements for us.
As I say, stop posturing make the arrangements, it's our academy and hence our priority

dongonzalos

Everyone uses e mail to arrange meetings now days.

The only person who is diverting from answering points regarding the council statement is you isn't it?

So are you saying we have emailed Wasps and CSF asking for a meeting?
If not why not?

chiefdave

Disgusting from the council although no doubt it will be spun as SISU's fault.

Legal action is no reason not to talk, if anything its the opposite, get involved and work towards a solution that works for everyone that involves the end of legal action. And besides it is far from unusual for companies engaged in legal action to work together which clearly shows this is just a convenient excuse.

So we have Wasps refusing to talk to the club regarding the Ricoh.
CSF / Wasps refusing to supply the information required by the club and Sport England
CCC refusing to talk to the club at all while blocking any attempt by the club to come up with an alternative solution to the Ricoh as we saw with the Butts
CCC moving the 50m pool from the city centre to Higgs knowing that it removes a facility vital to the clubs academy
Higgs putting a clause in place on Higgs to prevent the club entering into a long term lease, I know some have said it would be ineffective but that misses the point

Nick

Administrator
CSF / Wasps refusing to supply the information required by the club and Sport England
CCC refusing to talk to the club at all while blocking any attempt by the club to come up with an alternative solution to the Ricoh as we saw with the Butts
CCC moving the 50m pool from the city centre to Higgs knowing that it removes a facility vital to the clubs academy
Higgs putting a clause in place on Higgs to prevent the club entering into a long term lease, I know some have said it would be ineffective but that misses the point

Pretty much.

There will be something out no doubt from CSF / Wasps putting it all back on the club.

Still, we don't want to talk about the damage to CCFC being caused by Wasps that was a condition of the sale...

dongonzalos

Disgusting from the council although no doubt it will be spun as SISU's fault.

Legal action is no reason not to talk, if anything its the opposite, get involved and work towards a solution that works for everyone that involves the end of legal action. And besides it is far from unusual for companies engaged in legal action to work together which clearly shows this is just a convenient excuse.

You missed SISU not attending arranged talks.
However game on, all parties who actually should be at the talks have said they are willing so the club should be cracking on with it and arranging it now

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who is he to say there can't be any meaningful discussions about us playing at the Ricoh (and renting from Wasps) until legal action against is dropped?

It's ironic that further up in the article he denies he put pressure on wasps to pull out of discussions

Users who are viewing this thread