Couple of points on Yesterday. (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

First point being what an absolute privilege it was to see that performance.
The first 45 minutes was the best I've seen from a Cov side since the premier league.
Second point being(bit of a moan) can we please please stop singing the awful 'how shit must you be song'?! We've won the last four away and are currently destroying everything in our path. Apart from that the support yesterday was once again superb!
On a side note, thoroughly enjoyed berating Sammy Clingan. Especially when his first touch after coming on went sideways and his second touch was mis controlled and he ended up sliding off the pitch trying to retrieve the ball!!
If ever there's a living proof of the grass isn't always greener then it's Mr Clingan for sure.
To summarise, if we carry on playing to our current levels and keep Mcgoldrick we will win the league with ease.

Davo

First point being what an absolute privilege it was to see that performance.
The first 45 minutes was the best I've seen from a Cov side since the premier league.
Second point being(bit of a moan) can we please please stop singing the awful 'how shit must you be song'?! We've won the last four away and are currently destroying everything in our path. Apart from that the support yesterday was once again superb!
On a side note, thoroughly enjoyed berating Sammy Clingan. Especially when his first touch after coming on went sideways and his second touch was mis controlled and he ended up sliding off the pitch trying to retrieve the ball!!
If ever there's a living proof of the grass isn't always greener then it's Mr Clingan for sure.
To summarise, if we carry on playing to our current levels and keep Mcgoldrick we will win the league with ease.

Couldn't agree more regarding the song. Singing the "home version" too.

Long may this form continue, big few weeks coming up. Lets hope we keep McG, bailey, Adams and sign Moussa long term!

WillieStanley

The only time it was funny was at Leicester when "Drawing away" was sang from the get go... until they scored!

D

Deleted member 4232

Some of our songs are awful, but that's just a personal opinion. I can't stand the 'he scores when he wants', we can do better than that. The Wembley song came out, at the keepmoat, getting a bit carried away there. I like the 'it could have been you' at Clingan. I think we need to look at the song book, and stop singing what we hear on match of the day...

kepit 2 yusen

I've personally never liked singing about Highfield Road as it doesn't exist but don't suggest replacing it with a song about the Ricoh. To me it's a bit like a one legged man singing about the days when he had two legs.

It will die out eventually as less and less people will relate to it over time.

rickyCCFC

'Sammy Clingan it could have been you' What could have been him? being 13th in the table? Fair enough if we were above them in the league or in the top 6 but I think 'Clingan, Whats the score?' was more appropriate!

The how shit must you be is the most embarrassing song I've ever heard.

skybluesteve76

'Sammy Clingan it could have been you' What could have been him? being 13th in the table? Fair enough if we were above them in the league or in the top 6 but I think 'Clingan, Whats the score?' was more appropriate!

The how shit must you be is the most embarrassing song I've ever heard.

Perhaps because he was playing in the team that we hammered 4-1 yesterday??
Also a touch of irony after it was sung to him a few seasons ago at Norwich(by Norwich fans) when they'd already got promoted.

superskyblue

I'll take your word for it Steve :p.

On another note I can hear twist and shout being sung at WBA v WH. Anyone know who is singing it and whether we were originators or followers singing this song?

kg82

I'll take your word for it Steve :p.

On another note I can hear twist and shout being sung at WBA v WH. Anyone know who is singing it and whether we were originators or followers singing this song?

I heard that. Sounded like the hammers fans.

Changeyourface

Can't believe the kids are still obsessed with that "we love you" song. And Twist & Shout is sang by Barnet and West Ham aswell but both sing it different and I always thought we were the original?

Mucca Mad Boys

It could have been you 10 places above us in the table, oh wait it is you. Embarrassing.

Season isn't over, I personally think we're better than Donny, even before yesterday, and we whopped them 4-1 (I heard it could've been more?) on their turf, and we're marching up that table, December is where we stake our claim to be the best in L1.

Mucca Mad Boys

Written in 1961 originally called shake it up baby sung by the Topnotes and was changed to twist and shout and recorded by the Isley Brothers
Beatles version is by far the best

If I'm wrong, so be it, we are talking over 30 years before I was born, so I don't have the greatest knowledge of music in that time.

Ashdown1

FFS what a load of women on this thread, the Sky Blues faithful are belting out some songs with pride, its all music to my ears !!!

Hullinho87

FFS what a load of women on this thread, the Sky Blues faithful are belting out some songs with pride, its all music to my ears !!!

I couldn't agree more Ashdown. Surely cheering "just" the 4 goals is the main source of singing. Any other songs that are just everyone having fun for once is only a good thing!

PUSB!

CTID

For me best chant of the day was "is there a fire drill" as the Donny fans made for the exit! Class!

haha i love this, i think its mainly because all of a sudden we get to sing it every week :) Now that i have explained what a fire drill is to my son, he sings it when he's winning on fifa

Users who are viewing this thread