Cov or luton. What situation would you rather be in? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Now let me just say from the get go. Obviously we would rather be where Luton are. They are in the prem and got massive financial windfall for winning playoff final

But allow me to do this as a therapy session for myself

If someone had come up to me at wembley after dabos missed penalty, a time when alot of us may genuinely have been experiencing emotions close to depression(not the real thing!) and told me that:

Fast forward to march 16th next year and Luton will be in relegation zone coming off a heart breaking defeat to Bournemouth when 3 up and losing 4-3

Meanwhile cov spent in the window and revamped the entire squad. The average age is lower and the players are on long contracts. We will be sitting in 8th position just 1 point off the playoffs AND in the fa cup quarter finals within one game of returning to Wembley.

Would you have taken it? It definitely would have made that day a lot easier to stomache for me even if it's not the side of the coin I would choose.

We're in a good place. Not as good as it could have been but good nonetheless. Try to enjoy today.

PUSB

Last edited:

Evo1883

Now let me just say from the get go. Obviously we would rather be where Luton are. They are in the prem and got massive financial windfall for winning playoff final

But allow me to do this as a therapy session for myself

If someone had come up to me at wembley after dabos missed penalty, a time when alot of us may genuinely have been experiencing emotions close to depression(not the real thing!) and told me that:

Fast forward to march 16th next year and Luton will be in relegation zone coming off a heart breaking defeat to Bournemouth when 3 up and losing 4-3

Meanwhile cov spent in the window and revamped the entire squad. The average age is lower and the players are on long contracts. We will be sitting in 8th position just 1 point off the playoffs AND in the fa cup quarter finals within one game of returning to Wembley.

Would you have taken it? It definitely would have made that day a lot easier to stomache for me even if it's not the side of the coin I would choose.

We're in a good place. Not as good as it could have been but good nonetheless. Try to enjoy today.

PUSB
Luton

Winny the Bish

100% Luton. They may be in the relegation zone but they've fought admirably this season and had some great results. Draw against Liverpool, beat Newcastle, nearly beat Arsenal.

And if they go down, a Ogbene-Morris/Adebayo-Chong attack could smash it in the Championship next season.

Sick Boy

Luton. They've still got a decent chance of staying up and if they do come down, they'll be well placed to go back up next season and with a brand new stadium that they'll own in the future too.

Grendel

FFS it was meant to be a feeling good positivity thread 🤣

The ironic thing about Luton is they should be towards safety - last weeks mess and losing to Sheffield and Burnley

They’ve scored more goals than Man U

covcity4life

The ironic thing about Luton is they should be towards safety - last weeks mess and losing to Sheffield and Burnley

They’ve scored more goals than Man U
Have a feeling the Bournemouth loss might affect them for next few games. Still uncertainty about forest and Everton points deductions too though which could help then

no_loyalty

Luton. If they beat Forest at home today they will be out of the relegation zone.

nightowl1883

Luton, if we had been promoted O'hare, Vik and Hamer would have all signed new contracts and would have shipped out some players and brought in more more players with the money. I think we would have had a good chance of staying up.

Londonccfcfan

Luton, if we had been promoted O'hare, Vik and Hamer would have all signed new contracts and would have shipped out some players and brought in more more players with the money. I think we would have had a good chance of staying up.
100% we would have had an identity and improved certain players with better.

Liquid Gold

Obviously Luton as the thread overwhelmingly indicates but I get the point of the OP.

After Dabo's pen I was distraught and there was a good possibility we would never get there again with the loss of Vik definite and Hamer probable it all looked a bit bleak.

We've since grown the club and look likely to be able to put in regular charges at the top of this division most seasons so it's not all bad.

Still Luton though.

Hobo

I am just enjoying supporting Coventry rather than thinking of hypothetical situations.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

It's a genuinely good question.

Obviously Coventry are a bigger club and dare I say a more specially club.

Luton will have a big impetus going forward with cash and funded overdue new stadium.

However, who is best placed in medium term? I know Coventry don't own ground but profile and improved financial possibilities could rise substantially in the right circumstances

It's a hard question to answer at this time

Users who are viewing this thread