COV RFC 2022 - 2023 (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

I saw the club put something on Twitter about weekend clubs for kids and passed it on to my brother, turns out they've already got her in one in Southam (they live in Long Itchington).

Reactions: vow

duffer

I didn't get the chance, Mum was too excited and booked them herself without giving any thought to the fact she might be a concession. I've let her know for next time, part of the reason I'm taking her is because she wants to take my rugby-mad niece at some point and wanted to do a recce first so she can focus on the 6-year old rather than working out where to go.

Fwiw, my experience of taking young kids to the Butts is to sit in the stand, take fruit shoots and sweets in with you (because the club don't seem to cater for kids particularly well, imho), and have a tablet or phone with plenty of charge for when they inevitably get bored. 😁

If you're under 50, you're going to feel like you're a lot younger than most of the crowd! They're a friendly enough bunch though, the rugby is usually pretty good, and you can have a beer whilst watching the game, which is a definite bonus.

Hope you enjoy the night, you'll have to let us know what you thought of it...

SkyBlueSoul

I'm looking forward to it. My grandad used to take me up Coundon Road and I'd stand behind the posts to the left of the Cow Shed so I could catch the ball as it bounced off the trees after a penalty/conversion. I follow the results but I genuinely don't think I've watched a game at the Butts which is embarrassing to realise!

Luckily I won't have to deal with the 5 year old when they go 😅 she's asked to come to the football with me but I've insisted only if at least one of her parents do so I don't have to be de facto childminder for 90 minutes.

duffer

That's a proper high-level signing. Kvesic should be one of the best players in the second tier, imho.

God knows what sort of state the Championship will be in next season, given the RFU's incompetence (redundancy alert!), but you'd fancy Cov will be near the top of it again...

Last edited:

Otis

That's a proper high-level signing. Kvesic is should be one of the best players in the second tier, imho.

God knows what sort of state the Championship will be in next season, given the RFU's incompetence (redundancy alert!), but you'd fancy Cov will be near the top of it again...
🤞

Kneeza

That's a proper high-level signing. Kvesic should be one of the best players in the second tier, imho.

Given that Jersey have now had their day in the sun (won't happen again) and how Ealing melt-down on a regular basis, I'd be tempted to put a couple of bob on Cov to win it if I were a betting man.
Reckon they're a couple of hard-nosed experienced tight-five operators from being a real force.

Gynnsthetonic

Given that Jersey have now had their day in the sun (won't happen again) and how Ealing melt-down on a regular basis, I'd be tempted to put a couple of bob on Cov to win it if I were a betting man.
Reckon they're a couple of hard-nosed experienced tight-five operators from being a real force.
Still no promotion though, although the way the Premiership is at the moment you wouldn't want to enter it, it would be a great achievement to win the league, get invited to go up then say Nah. That league is going to implode as it seems unsustainable.

Kneeza

Still no promotion though, although the way the Premiership is at the moment you wouldn't want to enter it, it would be a great achievement to win the league, get invited to go up then say Nah. That league is going to implode as it seems unsustainable.
You could be right, but who knows what goes on in that single brain cell of the RFU, or in that of the mendacious Premiership leadership.

scottccfc

There's a new cup competition this season pitting championship sides against premiership sides(albeit probably there development teams)
Be nice to gauge where cov are

Users who are viewing this thread