Cov Telegraph Reporting (1 Viewer)

albatross

Todays report in the CET regarding the agreement in principal for SISU to purchase the Brandon Stadium site left me rather confused (again) about their position.

You could argue that it was updating the supporters regarding the ongoing search for a new site.

You could argue that they are dancing to SISU's tune by reporting this on the day of the "secret" negotiations putting added pressure on ACL and strengthening SISU's position by showing how determined they are.

The result is s series of threads discussing the merits of the site etc... and forgetting the fact that it means we will be playing at Northampton. Another step towards acceptance...

Once again a good scoop spoiled by weak journalism from the CET.

If the CET is fully behind the Keep Cov in Cov campaign every article should be making that point, where is the commentary that states this position and dismissed this proposal as simple posturing. We have one good stadium the pressure from the CET should be applied to keep us there.

jesus-wept

Don't reallyknow how the C.E.T could not report this, they will have been informed by somebody and they are a newspaper. Also reading most posts on here I don't think sisu come out very well again.

dongonzalos

To be fair to them, It was always rumoured the club were looking at Brandon. However it was never confirmed.
It suited SISU for it to be confirmed today (for obvious reasons)
The CET can't really then refuse to print it, as it is relevant news.
Yes nothing confirmed but it is one of two sites they are looking at.

What I am more disappointed by the CET. Is they seem to sit back and wait for info.
Where is the digging, where is the investigation.
Where is the interview with Mr Fisher testing the economical viability of his plan.
Where is the investigation into possible SISU backers etc etc etc

Very lazy journalism.

albatross

dongonzalos, exactly... I agree they have to report it, but clearly an opportunity missed to maintain the focus on the keep Cov in Cov campaign.

now everybody is debating about the merits of the site, not the end goal.

theferret

It seems to me we expect an awful lot from a low-budget media organisation that seems to be downsizing all the time. How many of us buy the paper, use the classifieds or click through on the web ads? Not many I suspect, and yet we seem to expect from them the highest standards of journalism.

Proper investigative journalism doesn't really happen at a local level any more, the resources just don't exist to finance it. Local 'papers' are increasingly becoming nothing more than online portals that simply aggregate information that is sent to them. They are 'feeds' with the odd bit of editorial and analysis thrown in.

albatross

not expecting much from them .... just how is this reporting (without comment) consistent with their petition to keep Cov in Cov... their call to say the if we moved out of Cov then SISU must go....

has their agenda changed?

Houdi

Once again now confirmed on Bees website, IT IS NOT HAPPENING.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Motor sport confirmed until 2023.

Sub

Once again now confirmed on Bees website, IT IS NOT HAPPENING.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Motor sport confirmed until 2023.

it still can when the FL say we can play in northampton till 2023 to make sure we fill or fixtures :(

lordsummerisle

Todays report in the CET regarding the agreement in principal for SISU to purchase the Brandon Stadium site left me rather confused (again) about their position.

You could argue that it was updating the supporters regarding the ongoing search for a new site.

You could argue that they are dancing to SISU's tune by reporting this on the day of the "secret" negotiations putting added pressure on ACL and strengthening SISU's position by showing how determined they are.

To be fair in the past when Sisu have been in discussions with the council, and/or ACL about buying ACL or the stadium there has normally on the same day been a big splash in the Telegraph about "Hoffman's Mystery Billionaire Backers looking at buying the Ricoh" stories.

All part of the game they all play, unedifying, but all sides do it.

Last edited:
I bet the residents of Brandon and surrounding areas are overjoyed at the blight this will put on the area with the distinct possibility of reducing the value of homes in the area. Rugby borough and Warwickshire CC need to make their views known now.

Well done SISU - making even more enemies in the community and from other sports.

if they knew and didn't report it they would get slated on here, they reported it and some are still slating them, they cant win with some here.

Nonleagueherewecome

Brandon is ONE if SEVERAL sites being considered! PUSB!

Well THEY were WASTING their TIME considering something THAT wasn't EVER going TO be AN option. Weren't THEY?

Users who are viewing this thread