Match Thread Cov vs QPR Sat 22nd Jan (2 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

A bit of a push to say that, we did charitably afford some sitters their way in the first half. Second half we should have been out of sight before their one venture forward and gift of a header.

Mrs BSB is learning quickly and nearly kicked a bin over on the way back

It would have been unjust to win by only one goal today.

Same old story vs posh...destroyed them ...but was only 2-1 after 80 mins.

Same story Huddersfield away. We are destroying teams with our dominant brand if football in everything but the score.

Brighton Sky Blue

It would have been unjust to win by only one goal today.

Same old story vs posh...destroyed them ...but was only 2-1 after 80 mins.

Same story Huddersfield away. We are destroying teams with our dominant brand if football in everything but the score.

It was really very enjoyable to watch in the build up but some of the decision making as well as finishing is inexplicable.

Liquid Gold

Would have taken a draw before the game
First 5 minutes I thought we could get 3 points
After their goal would have been happy with a point
At half time though 1-0 loss would have been a good result
After our goal thought it was fair
as the game went on thought we would get a goal and win it, wanted 3
They scored, wanted a point

Still think a point would have been fair

RegTheDonk

I'd love it if we had the ability to soak up 90% of pressure then score with our only two real opportunites. Sadly, that was the difference today, they put away their chances. Did they win because their strikers are better, or our defence was worse. Entertaining game though, just a same that the play offs are looking a steeper climb every week.

steveo1987

A point probably 60:40 fair..Switched off for two goals clinically taken and some suspect shooting . A shot either side of their keeper early and we are in business, not to be though as we shot at their keeper.A decent performance and I must say Sheaf was impressive after watching him dominate at Peterborough last weekend backed up today..We are probably punching above our weight in real terms but are still capable of giving out out bloody noses.Thats great but we are touching the play offs which has to remain the goal to keep momentum going.

Adge

Waghorn has to score from the edge of the 6 yard box-unforgiviable.
Unfortunately as the old saying goes-good teams find a way to win-QPR are one of them and found a way.

Londonccfcfan

Waghorn has to score from the edge of the 6 yard box-unforgiviable.
Unfortunately as the old saying goes-good teams find a way to win-QPR are one of them and found a way.
Shipley failed to hit the target too a much much easier opportunity than the one he took on left hand side that he blazed over.

Offhegoes

Wilson would have saved them goals today Moore look slow to react

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No keeper would of saved the 1st, was in the corner. Agree he might of done better on the 2nd, it was straight down the middle. Needed quicker reactions

higgs

No keeper would of saved the 1st, was in the corner. Agree he might of done better on the 2nd, it was straight down the middle. Needed quicker reactions
For the first he took a step to the right before he dived that cost us that goal. He's a good keeper but reactions looked slow today

pusbccfc

I did laugh as I heard one bloke leaving 5 minutes early in block 15 shouting "fuck off back to your shit hole" at the QPR fans

West London is famously a tip mate.

It is. It's got one or two nice areas but you go beyond Notting Hill and you get to Harrow, Ealing, Hounslow and Southall. Some parts of those make Hillfields and Wood End look and feel like the Maldives.

joemercersaces

Rs fan here. Based on that match today I would've been happy with a point...you overran and out thought us in midfield until mid-second half when we subbed and strengthened it and got back some control. You're team based on today (and at LR) are excellent under Robins and get more clinical up front and you have happy times ahead. We will need to play a lot better today to maintain our playoffs push.

Just a shout out to the Cov fans we met before the game outsie the ground and also in the Anecdote, lovely bunch and also youj have nicest and most sensible stewarding i've encountered for a long time. Best of luck.
Those perennially negative wankers on this forum who delight in winding up everyone else should read this (and you know who you are, Grendel, and your little group of arse licking acolytes). This reflects the game everyone else watched.

shmmeee

Just watching the highlights. I do think Moore could’ve done better for the first, I also think Sheaf was fouled, but when we lost the ball we should have been able to handle it.

Definite pen from O’Hares shot first half. Bidwell poor for their second. Waghorn claiming the defender handled it for his saved shot, hard to tell from the angle but maybe.

Very unlucky today.

Frostie

Just watching the highlights. I do think Moore could’ve done better for the first, I also think Sheaf was fouled, but when we lost the ball we should have been able to handle it.

Definite pen from O’Hares shot first half. Bidwell poor for their second. Waghorn claiming the defender handled it for his saved shot, hard to tell from the angle but maybe.

Very unlucky today.

I thought it was handball for Waghorn's at the time & he certainly seemed convinced.
Not had chance to see them back yet.

Garryb80

For the first he took a step to the right before he dived that cost us that goal. He's a good keeper but reactions looked slow today

Apart from when he bailed out mcfadzean by saving from gray early on with great early reactions....

Jamesimus

Wtf we play like that 9 times out of 10 you win. That's football you dont always get what you deserve. QPR I doubt have looked as bad as that cos we made them. Btw that referee had a part to play. 2/3 handball shouts...another pen appeal when their defender almost kicked Gyokores in the face preventing him scoring anywhere else on the pitch that's a dangerous play and a foul at least.

Think you misunderstood my post because I agree with you!

I was just saying the other poster was allowed to think that they deserved it, but the same poster suggested QPR somehow stepped up their game after we scored. Which I didn't witness!

I think we certainly deserved more from the game, but we will play worse than that soon and win.

Peter Billing Eyes

It is. It's got one or two nice areas but you go beyond Notting Hill and you get to Harrow, Ealing, Hounslow and Southall. Some parts of those make Hillfields and Wood End look and feel like the Maldives.
QPR fans singing “Shit ground, no fans” was particularly entertaining seeing as the attendance yesterday was 2500 greater than the capacity of their poxy old shoebox of a stadium.

NortonSkyBlue

Yeah there fans have been milking it. You can tell they usually take about 700 fans away and they've had a big day out.
They took more than we did to Peterborough. The QPR fans were decent yesterday and yes they went quiet when we were on top but our fans were quiet after the first goal till we scored.
To Peter Billing, they may have a shoe box stadium but it’s theirs and it sits on prime London real estate.
Lets see how many we take to Boro next week. I will be there supporting the team.

Gint11

Good performance with a dissapointing result. Glad we are beginning to outplay these strong teams. Important we are building an identity of playing good football. Goal scoring will come.

Obvious we lack quality which other top teams do. Overall I’m happy with the progress we are making, a comfortable championship season was crucial for us and I’m sure most would have taken it at the start of the season.

We did really well to be at the top of League 1 in our second season. Expecting it in the championship is totally different. It’s a tough league and unforgiving.

I agree. Looking at the performance yesterday, shots aside, we have come on so much over the last couple of seasons. We are just short on quality of having a promotion winning team.

Well try and finish as high as possible and then make the signings we need in the summer. The good thing is it’s clear as day what we need!

Sick Boy

Those perennially negative wankers on this forum who delight in winding up everyone else should read this (and you know who you are, Grendel, and your little group of arse licking acolytes). This reflects the game everyone else watched.
It’s the same stuff we had to contend with from winning fans during the Thorn season - it means nothing.

Sky Blue Pete

Not been on here today, but a proper good performance, let down again by a lack of people that can take their chances. We should have won, never mind lost

Sheaf MOM for us again. He’s been great the last few games.

As much as I like him and want him to come good, we’ve outgrown O’Hare and need more from someone playing in that position. It’s came to be that he’s the only one of our players I don’t want the ball passed to in the final third - particularly if we’re on the counter. The best we can hope for is he wins a free kick. He never scores or plays a killer ball. I get what he brings - he works hard but they all do. None of them ever let us down with that, but he hasn’t got that final bit of quality or composure.

i know we’ve not got money to bring players in, so need to work with that we’ve got, but I think someone else deserves a chance there.

Anyway, another good performance and we’re doing great generally. I know we’re punching above our budget, but we’re not out of the playoff contention yet. We’ll have to see how the news about Godden effects that though.
Ohare was excellent yesterday. Had a couple of good efforts, set up Waghorn and was always looking to play clever 1-2’s on the edge of the box. Granted he normally wastes the ball and misses chances but he didn’t yesterday

pusbccfc

They took more than we did to Peterborough. The QPR fans were decent yesterday and yes they went quiet when we were on top but our fans were quiet after the first goal till we scored.
To Peter Billing, they may have a shoe box stadium but it’s theirs and it sits on prime London real estate.
Lets see how many we take to Boro next week. I will be there supporting the team.

It takes 45 minutes to get to Peterborough by train from London and an hour to Coventry.
They've travelled well this season, but in the past less so. It was definitely a big day out feel from them yesterday. Good on them.

Course it's their stadium, but they've been desperate to move for 15 years and have had no hope. They will end up moving out of their borough.

Grendel

You and Grendell are the only ones in the 21000 crowd who think they deserved it.

Even their manager and every one of their fans say that was a smash and grab and that they were awfull. Wtf were you watching ?

Stu showed stats as to why he thought it as well?

Users who are viewing this thread