Cov vs Welsh match thread (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

He was acting a bit odd, wasn't he?

bollocks! I turned over because I can't stand listening to Dalglish, typical

B

Bobby Firenze

You'll get used to Rich. He's posts tend to include lot's of man love for Thorn and lots of references to children and players being shit. If you started a thread discussing today's budget the post would be the same.

Fair enough.

kg82

I've just seen the goals - How good was Clarke's!! And Norwood... You little beauty!

When we stay up he will get the credit he deserves.

*should

I heard a Blackburn fan on the radio yesterday before they beat Sunderland saying that they owe Steve Kean nothing, that they should be much higher in the League (perhaps if they'd have kept Allardyce, although the bloke was in favour of his sacking) and that their recent run of form counted for nothing. He didn't reason particularly well and it sounded a little like he just didn't want to be proved wrong.

I view Thorn's tenure in the light of him being a rookie manager working with a limited squad under difficult financial constraints. The credit I give him for that does not mean I am blind to what I consider to be tactical errors. I'm sure there are some 'pro-Thorn' types (a faintly ridiculous, but fairly useful label) for whom he can do no wrong. I'm sure there are a few 'anti-Thorn' types for whom he can do no right in the short to medium term. It only seems to come to the fore on a football forum and counts for little.

If he keeps us up, he should be applauded and I would imagine that would be the general consensus. There will be more than a handful on every thread about matchday performances who take every negative that plays itself out on the pitch as an opportunity to slate Thorn. So be it... good point at a place we struggle at, encouraging home form, not down yet. Let's see how we go (unless Paxman can tell us now..?).

stupot07

He is the ultimate in annoying football managers. Smart arse, chip on his shoulder.

Boyhood hero as a player though

Motty was talking about him Sunday night and was saying he really isn't doing himself any favours with the press with his attitude. He was saying that he was the same the first time round at Liverpool, very antagonistic with the press, but that football and the media's role in football has changed dramatically since then, and the press are far more influential now.

He said that Fergie can get away within because all the silverware he's won over the last 20 odd years, and Dalgleish (Carling Cup apart) has won nothing of note for a long time.

B

Bobby Firenze

*should

I heard a Blackburn fan on the radio yesterday before they beat Sunderland saying that they owe Steve Kean nothing, that they should be much higher in the League (perhaps if they'd have kept Allardyce, although the bloke was in favour of his sacking) and that their recent run of form counted for nothing. He didn't reason particularly well and it sounded a little like he just didn't want to be proved wrong.

I view Thorn's tenure in the light of him being a rookie manager working with a limited squad under difficult financial constraints. The credit I give him for that does not mean I am blind to what I consider to be tactical errors. I'm sure there are some 'pro-Thorn' types (a faintly ridiculous, but fairly useful label) for whom he can do no wrong. I'm sure there are a few 'anti-Thorn' types for whom he can do no right in the short to medium term. It only seems to come to the fore on a football forum and counts for little.

If he keeps us up, he should be applauded and I would imagine that would be the general consensus. There will be more than a handful on every thread about matchday performances who take every negative that plays itself out on the pitch as an opportunity to slate Thorn. So be it... good point at a place we struggle at, encouraging home form, not down yet. Let's see how we go (unless Paxman can tell us now..?).
Sorry, I'm new. How do you 'like' a thread here? Because that is probably the most insightful thing I've ever read. Really great. 'Tenure' is a brilliant word! And 'consensus' (had to check with google!). You lot are brilliant with words!

kg82

He is the ultimate in annoying football managers. Smart arse, chip on his shoulder.

Boyhood hero as a player though

Amazing how Liverpool fans don't see that isn't it! Dalglish was a quality player, although before my time. He was also a good manager but he just seems to moan and whine now, nothing's ever his teams fault. Find the bloke annoying, along with Wenger as well.

Macca

Sorry, I'm new. How do you 'like' a thread here? Because that is probably the most insightful thing I've ever read. Really great. 'Tenure' is a brilliant word! And 'consensus' (had to check with google!). You lot are brilliant with words!

Haha Ultra Genius!

Macca

Amazing how Liverpool fans don't see that isn't it! Dalglish was a quality player, although before my time. He was also a good manager but he just seems to moan and whine now, nothing's ever his teams fault. Find the bloke annoying, along with Wenger as well.

Hmm its a tough choice between the 2 isn't it

It's just me, but thank you. I take a lot of heart from that compliment and will try to post a lot more.

PS - if you click on 'like', you can like a thread. No need to thank me, pay it forward. Hope you get up to speed soon, no rush.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Out of our starting 11 then, who would you criticise as not being up to scratch? Not looking for an argument rather a discussion
Mcsheff for the first 20 odd games
Baker for all apart from about 4/5 games
Bell for most games
Clingan has been poor by his standards
Platt is limited and Mcdonald still unproven
That leaves Murphy, Keogh, Cranie who are good players at this level and performing well
The rest of the squad are still U21 largely, a lot of potential but still inexperienced and will make mistakes.
I realise you said starting 11 but this is a squad game and most of the mentioned players have played big parts this season apart from probably Bell.
Left out players who have hardly played like Wood, Hreidasson, Eastwood

It is a poor squad when you look at Bristol with an ex england national in net, Donny with Diouf and Chimbonda and Pompy with players on 20k+

That said it is still no excuse for the 1st half of the season where the squad was performing well below its capabilities.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Under the post there is a button that says like, click it.

Macca

Mcsheff for the first 20 odd games
Baker for all apart from about 4/5 games
Bell for most games
Clingan has been poor by his standards
Platt is limited and Mcdonald still unproven
That leaves Murphy, Keogh, Cranie who are good players at this level and performing well
The rest of the squad are still U21 largely, a lot of potential but still inexperienced and will make mistakes.
I realise you said starting 11 but this is a squad game and most of the mentioned players have played big parts this season apart from probably Bell.
Left out players who have hardly played like Wood, Hreidasson, Eastwood

It is a poor squad when you look at Bristol with an ex england national in net, Donny with Diouf and Chimbonda and Pompy with players on 20k+

That said it is still no excuse for the 1st half of the season where the squad was performing well below its capabilities.

I'll take that.

We have limited resources but whether we stay up or go down I think we hugely underperformed before Xmas.

Anyway I'm not interested in manager debates anymore, its too late for that. We just have to get behind them all for the rest of the season

BurbageSkyBlues

This thread just about sums us Cov fans up - peaks and troughs of emotions with every twist of the game.

Brilliant, supportive one moment, pants and negativity the next......

It's hardly surprising that the players have no spine at times - the fans are so fickle, it spreads into the team.

Please, can we realise...a game is for 90 (+5) minutes, and a season is for 46 games.....neither is won or lost in a moment !!

sorry guys, I know I'm gonna get slated, but this haste to criticise (rather than rally and support) the team, when something goes against us, it just spills onto the pitch, and that is why we cannot build from solid foundations.

Get behind the team, and we can achieve :) :eek:

please...... :facepalm:

Macca

This thread just about sums us Cov fans up - peaks and troughs of emotions with every twist of the game.

Brilliant, supportive one moment, pants and negativity the next......

It's hardly surprising that the players have no spine at times - the fans are so fickle, it spreads into the team.

Please, can we realise...a game is for 90 (+5) minutes, and a season is for 46 games.....neither is won or lost in a moment !!

sorry guys, I know I'm gonna get slated, but this haste to criticise (rather than rally and support) the team, when something goes against us, it just spills onto the pitch, and that is why we cannot build from solid foundations.

Get behind the team, and we can achieve :) :eek:

please...... :facepalm:

damn us fans, scum of the earth, if only we weren't fickle like fans of other clubs

Brighton Sky Blue

No, you're talking shit. Name a squad in this league that has been ripped apart by their owners like ours. If we stay up it'll be one hell of an achievement.

Rich, I think you'll find I've defended Thorn's record many a time on this forum where the credit is due-at home. Excuses cannot be made for the all round terrible away form though-and it is the good home form that makes it difficult to defend. Comebacks such as the two we've seen tonight just reinforce it-when set up to go on the front foot, this team can score goals and put the opposition in trouble. Thorn's overwhelmingly negative set ups away from home have cost us countless points-hopefully tonight marks the turning point in that respect.

Paxman II

I didn't fancy us to get much from Cardiff away and a point is a decent return, given our away record and League position. But there was only one winner today...

1 Hour Ago
Paxman II

Give it time...
1 Hour Ago
Paxman II

keep the sleeves rolled up boys and just go for it
one off side one penalty miss....it's coming.

54 Minutes Ago
Paxman II

told you it was coming.

53 Minutes Ago
Paxman II

we must keep doing the same not sit back....keep goin' there's another one i feel it.

37 Minutes Ago
Paxman II
last minute equaliser coming....

Take a boo, son.

Appreciated and I'll take that bow, I thank you :wave:
Maybe I should do the lottery this week...

Astute

Were hopeless. We deserve to go down. The majority of those players are not fit to wear the shirt. Can't even score from the spot. Pathetic.

Yeah right :facepalm:

Got back just over an hour ago. Had to smile a few times at comments made in this thread.

Sat with the sheepshaggers as I have welsh relatives that are Cardiff supporters. Took lots of stick in the 1st half. They were saying it was one of the best performances by any opponents so far this season in the 2nd half.

Great finish by Cody. Shame he put it in the wrong net.

Clarke, what a goal. No room to shoot.......GOALLLLL

Taking lots of stick at end of game. Turned back to see the dying seconds of the game......just in time to see the ball hitting the corner of the net :D

Still buzzing. No chance of sleep. Don't care.

Keep it up lads, hated foreign awayday 1st half, second half was worth a win. I still think we will stay up. Down to how Portsmouth finish now. Beat them on Saturday and I think we will stay up.

@richh87

Rich, I think you'll find I've defended Thorn's record many a time on this forum where the credit is due-at home. Excuses cannot be made for the all round terrible away form though-and it is the good home form that makes it difficult to defend. Comebacks such as the two we've seen tonight just reinforce it-when set up to go on the front foot, this team can score goals and put the opposition in trouble. Thorn's overwhelmingly negative set ups away from home have cost us countless points-hopefully tonight marks the turning point in that respect.

Away results are different to home results for all clubs - it takes mental toughness. Toughness which children don't have.

If he keeps us up it is the greatest relegation escape of all - because never has a CCFC squad been ripped apart like this and been so inexperienced.

Nick

Administrator
Away results are different to home results for all clubs - it takes mental toughness. Toughness which children don't have.

If he keeps us up it is the greatest relegation escape of all - because never has a CCFC squad been ripped apart like this and been so inexperienced.

Yea because every player was under 19 last night?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

My thoughts exactly it seems Rich just calls everyone a twat who doesn't abide by his views, seems like it's the general consensus who thinks he's a bit of a prick? :whistle:

Grendel

My thoughts exactly it seems Rich just calls everyone a twat who doesn't abide by his views, seems like it's the general consensus who thinks he's a bit of a prick? :whistle:

Leave him alone. He worships at the temple of Andy Thorn. It's a heavy burden to bear.

dadgad

This AT debate has polarised views like no other.
I have stuck with him. Even now, if it all goes wrong, I won't denigrate him. There's no point, it'll achieve nothing. He's always been our only hope to turn it around and so it is proving. :)

torchomatic

And you call everyone a prick who doesnt share yours. So, what's the difference?

My thoughts exactly it seems Rich just calls everyone a twat who doesn't abide by his views, seems like
it's the general consensus who thinks he's a bit of a prick? :whistle:

dadgad

The "difference" between being a "prick an d a twat".
May I make this suggestion: Whilst being anatomically male and female it is clear (at least to most of us) what the differences are. Biologically, in two people and in practice they should be uniquely compatible, however, in one person to be a prick but talk like a twat and vice versa gives off all manner of contradictory signals. This is why it helps to be clear about who we are and what we believe.
Hope this helps.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

And you call everyone a prick who doesnt share yours. So, what's the difference?

No, I called you a Cretin. Still not reading posts correctly torch?

Grendel

No, I called you a Cretin. Still not reading posts correctly torch?

Coming from someone who clearly has a penchant for Boney M I would say that is ironic in the extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread