Coventry 1883 (1 Viewer)

covmutley

Possibly, the fans/members of the club would decide! Maybe it could be merged, or retained as youth teams! Lots of options.

But as things stand sisu will not be back for minimum of 3 years, probably longer. Who knows what wil have happened in that time.

mark82

I agree with Mark that this should be a project and for what it is worth, I am comfortable with this. We shouldn't try to rush a rival team and best case is we don't need a new team anyway.

Good stuff on the pitchero site mark. Coventry1883.co.uk and coventry1883.com point to the blog I set up that you have included the link for. If the person a few pages up who offered would kindly like to help create a website it would be much appreciated and the project could use those domain names?

We need to think what the club structure will be. I have looked into fc united amongst other fan owned clubs and udated the 'constitution' page on the blog and copied below. Please can people comment!

The core principles of how the club will operate are set out below, and once agreed by the membership, will be protected by all elected Board members:

-The Board will be democratically elected by its members.
-The Board must consist of at least 5 people, at least 50% of whom must be members and with no other financial interest in the club
-Club members will be required to pay an annual fee (£50?) that entitles them to vote as a club owner
-The elected board will determine what issues should be voted on by members. This is not championship manager!
-Membership fees will be reinvested into the club
-Decisions taken by the members will be decided on a one member, one vote basis.
-The club will develop strong links with the local community
-The club will encourage young, local participation - playing and supporting - whenever possible.
-The members will always own and control a minimum 55% stake in the club.*
-Private investment, including purchase or part of the club (to a maximum of 45%) will be encouraged
-Sale of any part of the club to a private investor will be subject to the agreement of members by a vote
-Any profits attributable to members will be reinvested into the club

Pitchero does most of it for you to be honest.

In terms of principles, its a good start. Obviously finer detail would need to be decided as things progress.

The IPS Rules are worth a read on FC United site of you haven't already. If we are offering private investment eventually IPS (Industrial & Provident Society) may not be the way to go but will need some similar rules regardless:

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/documents/2012_11_08_FCUM_IPS_rules.pdf

mark82

Pitchero does most of it for you to be honest.

In terms of principles, its a good start. Obviously finer detail would need to be decided as things progress.

The IPS Rules are worth a read on FC United site of you haven't already. If we are offering private investment eventually IPS (Industrial & Provident Society) may not be the way to go but will need some similar rules regardless:

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/documents/2012_11_08_FCUM_IPS_rules.pdf

FA site, as you would expect, is also a good resource:

http://www.thefa.com/my-football/football-volunteers/Runningaclub/Settingupaclub

covmutley

And that was my worry about all this. However, what we are now proposing is not a new team, but more a project. This will hopefully apply more pressure in the short term. Depending on what happens we would hope to be in a position to enter a team next season, if necessary.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It invalidates a lot of the fighting talk with the NOPM and Keep Cov in Cov stuff though surely, if it only counts until the first home game kicks off.

With no interest then people will start to drift away its humasn nature you have to give people something to look forward to getting people involved is the key how you keep their interest for a year is the problem

covmutley

The fa site seems very useful and gives some clear actions. I'm sure fc united will be able to offer advice too once we have made a start.

mark82

With no interest then people will start to drift away its humasn nature you have to give people something to look forward to getting people involved is the key how you keep their interest for a year is the problem

There will be plenty to do to keep people busy! Names to be decided, logos and kits to be designed and chosen. I see all this having fan involvement.

mark82

The fa site seems very useful and gives some clear actions. I'm sure fc united will be able to offer advice too once we have made a start.

FC United, Darlington, Wimbledon, Pompey and many others I'm sure will offer a helping hand.

Dean Allsop

okay I will explain, I will not support another club, Only Coventry City Football club the one I have supported since I was 6 so 40 years, maybe saying Villa was wrong but you get me drift. its CCFC or no one

skybluesam66

okay I will explain, I will not support another club, Only Coventry City Football club the one I have supported since I was 6 so 40 years, maybe saying Villa was wrong but you get me drift. its CCFC or no one

if it all goes - many will feel like you
others will not however and i think if that were the case the 1883 idea would be an excellent one

we would lose some fans, but if we were to get back to the league we would gain others in a bit of a cult way

mark82

if it all goes - many will feel like you
others will not however and i think if that were the case the 1883 idea would be an excellent one

we would lose some fans, but if we were to get back to the league we would gain others in a bit of a cult way

You are right that it won't be for everyone. There was a poll a month or two ago and I think it was about a 50/50 split of those who would/would not support a breakaway.

covcity4life

cov city will never die, ccfc might(one day) but then a phoneix clubs takes its place and hopefully takes its fans because really its just a continuation of what the old club stood for

its like getting sacked on football manager, add yourself back and its like nothing changed even though....it did.

ajsccfc

Is there a way we can add ourselves as Real Madrid and buy McSheffrey for £70m? Not that I used to get rid of deadwood that way of course.

ajsccfc

In one of the old games that'd be the first thing I'd do to get McAllister away. He was too old to sell and too expensive to keep.

Users who are viewing this thread