Coventry Bees (1 Viewer)

I_8_Doyle

Are awesome.

I was gutted with the rule change meaning our squad had to be broken up. British Speedway always punish success!

Anyone go up?

I_8_Doyle

Each rider has an average point system and you add them up to get the total points in your team. There is a maximum you can have and as we have some high scoring riders, some of them, such as Scotty Nicholls the Bees captain, ended up leaving. Still got a decent squad though!

Nick

Administrator
Is that to stop some teams running away with it?

Sounds a bit silly really, if you make a good team then fair play!

I_8_Doyle

Yeah, they want to keep it close.

It's just like during each meeting/fixture, if you fall so many points behind (the number eludes me at the mo) then you can use a tactical ride where that rider gets double the points! All in the name of TV coverage.

Nick

Administrator
Sounds rubbish!

I went once and loved the smell! And the little hut that sold crisps ha!

I might take a trip down one night though!

cant say ive ever been wouldnt mind going to see a bit of different sport, rugby and cricket dont interest me but the blaze and the bees do

J

JuanDan petrolman

is there a more boring sport that speedway? i feel bad even calling it a sport as in reaity its just a bunch of imature boys riding round in circles for hours on end

then someone wins

YYAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

it should be mandatory that at least one of the riders should crash, you might say that would be putting the riders life at risk,Maybe so but there putting the crowds (all 100 of them) lifes at risk by boring them to death.

Speedway should be banned and the 'stadium' put to good use, perhaps for bullfighting or gladiatoring

J

JuanDan petrolman

any fool can get a degree these days

what did you get it in?

gigantasism?

BenInTurin

Facebook User
haha, perfect Bopquar, I was just thinking the same.

I used to go up to Brandon with my uncle, I think it take's a while to get into but I loved it in the end. It's great when you get a really close match as well. As for the points system, that's been around for years, it just that they lowered the total or something a season or two ago. The points thing generally works really well as well, it stops there being anything like the top 4 (or now the top 3) like there is in the prem. It works similarly to the wage cap in the big american sports (NFL, NHL, Base, NBA and so on)

smileycov

Facebook User
quality meeting last night, awesome display from harris!! hope the footie learn from em......all about digging deep for the team

smileycov

Facebook User
"coventry bees" "Coventry blaze" "Coventry jets" we just need succesfull footie team now!! :D

Nick

Administrator
I can never see the point of going round and round in a circle.

That Chris Harris was on the news, I think the crashes may have damaged him!

Users who are viewing this thread