Match Thread Coventry City at Cheltenham Town Match Thread - Saturday 28th Apr (1 Viewer)

Otis

Its a dilemma for Robins, does he change the team or does he say you fucked it up Tuesday get out there and prove you want to be here and show the fans some pride and passion and go and get the 3 points to take us to the play offs
I do think the 3 will probably be enough.

ATB81

If anyone hears of a couple of tickets for today which suddenly become available then drop me a line. Will snap them up. Apologies for interrupting the thread

Gazolba

Being a CCFC fan, it's hard not to see us losing this.
Robins needs to play an attacking side, but do we have one?

stevefloyd

He definitely needs to pose problems for them to worry about...we are the better team according to league position so they should have more to worry about us than we do them....BUT this is Cov

oucho

On way to cousin's wedding in London so no chance of making it today....enjoy it though, I did Cheltenham v Hereford when I did the 92 and it's a good day out, especially if you like cider. They do tend to show rugby games on TV rather than football though, just to manage your expectations....

Astute

I decided to waste some money yesterday. I have Mansfield to win and us to lose. Got odds of 3.32/1

If the bet wins it will give me enough for a season ticket next season which will give a couple of quid for team building. If the bet loses I will be very happy of course. It would mean that we should make the playoffs. And I got us at 12/1 to win the playoffs months ago when we were looking good for a top 3 finish.

Come on City don't let us down for once. Or if they do then fuck up please Mansfield.

steve82

And he was at fault for some of the Yeovil goals too.

He has become a bit of a liability lately to be honest. That's why I would consider playing Willis, Rod AND Davies tomorrow. Or maybe Willis, Hyam and Davies.

I don't like Willis at right back because his distribution is so bad, but he is more solid than Grimmer.

I think Grimmers looking burned out that’s why he’s making so many basic errors. He’s played nearly 50 game with potentially another 5 to play. It’s a lot of football for someone who has nearly doubled his game time from last season. Grimmer is not alone in this with a few suffering.

The issue is how to rest them, were not able to do so sufficiently.

Willis looked lost at right back earlier in the season despite playing the role for a few years. DKE has been poor and exposed at this level. For me we have to limp on.

Today I’d go
--------------O’Brien------------
Grimmer--Willis--Davies--Haynes
-----Bayliss---Doyle---Kelly------
---Biamou---McNulty---JCH-----

Bench
Burge, Mcdonald, Stokes, Shipley, Reid, Barrett, Ponticelli.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just having a brekkie and pint in the Wetherspoons in the town centre The Bank house then on to Tailors pub!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m just hoping for a win , I don’t care how just 3 points

gspotgaz

We need a brave team out there today. Burge and Haynes need to be dropped for o’brien And stokes. They’ve proven time and time again they can’t hack it when we need wins

bawtryneal

Confident today
Cannot explain it after Tuesday night but quietly confident
City to win 2-0
Mansfield to draw

Nick

Administrator
I'm not confident this morning but I hope I'm happy by 6 when we win and Mansfield don't match it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Right I’ve gone for mcnulty first goal city to win 3-0
God loves a trier

Admittedly not as much as a bookie..

ccfcricoh

I was fine about today until about 5 mins ago, I was confident of a result and thought it'll be fine!

Now I'm bricking it... first goal is crucial!

Still have no faith in Mansfield winning 2 games though which always calms me down a little

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jordan210

I have a feeling a defender might chip in with a goal.

As we are crap with corners we are overdue a headed goal from one

stevefloyd

I think Grimmers looking burned out that’s why he’s making so many basic errors. He’s played nearly 50 game with potentially another 5 to play. It’s a lot of football for someone who has nearly doubled his game time from last season. Grimmer is not alone in this with a few suffering.

The issue is how to rest them, were not able to do so sufficiently.

Willis looked lost at right back earlier in the season despite playing the role for a few years. DKE has been poor and exposed at this level. For me we have to limp on.

Today I’d go
--------------O’Brien------------
Grimmer--Willis--Davies--Haynes
-----Bayliss---Doyle---Kelly------
---Biamou---McNulty---JCH-----

Bench
Burge, Mcdonald, Stokes, Shipley, Reid, Barrett, Ponticelli.

If we win today and Mansfield draw or lose thats us confirmed so we could make wholesale changes for next week and rest plenty of them, put the 2nd string out and say go play your hearts out for a place in the team...win win

stevefloyd

The team next week if we confirm today

O'Brien
DKE
Hyam
Davies
Stokes or Camwell
JMD
Barrett
DevKE
Reid
Biamou
Ponticelli

Give Doyle a well earned rest so he is charging for the 1st game of the play offs

steve82

If we win today and Mansfield draw or lose thats us confirmed so we could make wholesale changes for next week and rest plenty of them, put the 2nd string out and say go play your hearts out for a place in the team...win win

Sounds good to me.

steve82

The team next week if we confirm today

O'Brien
DKE
Hyam
Davies
Stokes or Camwell
JMD
Barrett
DevKE
Reid
Biamou
Ponticelli

Give Doyle a well earned rest so he is charging for the 1st game of the play offs

Out of interest can you make that many changes? Is it allowed?

Didn’t Huddersfield make a ridiculous amount of changes this time last year and lost to Birmingham I think resulting in Blackburn being relegated and Birmingham surviving.

I’m sure a complaint was made to the fa.

stevefloyd

Out of interest can you make that many changes? Is it allowed?

Didn’t Huddersfield make a ridiculous amount of changes this time last year and lost to Birmingham I think resulting in Blackburn being relegated and Birmingham surviving.

I’m sure a complaint was made to the fa.

Hyam, Davies,Biamou and Ponticelli have played plenty this season along with Stokes the others have mostly featured on the bench so I am sure it should be ok but put Kelly in there and Haynes too along with Burge that should see us ok

steve82

Hyam, Davies,Biamou and Ponticelli have played plenty this season along with Stokes the others have mostly featured on the bench so I am sure it should be ok but put Kelly in there and Haynes too along with Burge that should see us ok

Just found this
EFL regulation 24.

The new policy, which comes into effect from next month, states: “For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

The EFL added: “In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a disciplinary commission.”

Nick

Administrator
What happens if 1 gets sent off and one has an absolute shocker, can't drop them? Or is that over the full squad 10 must match?

Otis

Just found this
EFL regulation 24.

The new policy, which comes into effect from next month, states: “For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

The EFL added: “In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a disciplinary commission.”

Including subs?

I'm sure we made 5 changes not so long back for one game.

Users who are viewing this thread