Coventry City boss Steven Pressley tells striker Marcus Tudgay he's staying put (1 Viewer)

skyblue_rich

So Pressley can't find anyone goalies or strikers! And this with our new and improved scouting system! What a joke... Or is it that sisu finally don't trust him?

coop

So tudgay played his best game for the club then gets left out and told he can go then we want him to stay I would tell SP to fuck right off.

wingy

"there is no one better out there" means, no one wants to join us and work for SISU on the wages they offer.

Yeah but If Madine sorry when Madine who's meant to fill the same role doesn't sign we're going to get a replacement who I guess will be meant to be better
I will wager. Madine does not sign and there will be no new striker

fernandopartridge

If anything, his statements prove that he is a character from Little Britain when choosing his squad.

want-that-one.jpg

eB7rkAM.png

Them two are considered quite trendy in beduff ain't they?

johnwillomagic

Pressley is an idiot and I don't believe for one second that Tudgay was injured - but although Pressley should already be job hunting by now I welcome this u-turn.
I think Tudguy is our best striker at the club wages/goal potential considering and I include Madine in that.

I hope we have radically reduced Nouble's wages and would only consider taking Madine for similar deal.

I hope Tudguy starts against Yeovil personally and I would drop either Nouble, Jackson or Madine to make this change take your pick really!
Maybe Jackson benched with Madine and Nouble playing off Tudgay with Jackson on bench to inject pace?

stupot07

Pressley is an idiot and I don't believe for one second that Tudgay was injured - but although Pressley should already be job hunting by now I welcome this u-turn.
I think Tudguy is our best striker at the club wages/goal potential considering and I include Madine in that.

I hope we have radically reduced Nouble's wages and would only consider taking Madine for similar deal.

I hope Tudguy starts against Yeovil personally and I would drop either Nouble, Jackson or Madine to make this change take your pick really!
Maybe Jackson benched with Madine and Nouble playing off Tudgay with Jackson on bench to inject pace?

I'm not having ago, but just wondering what your logic was that deduced that Tudguy is our best striker wages/goal potential?

Also personally I wouldn't play either madine or Nouble off Tudguy let along both of them.

Personally I think We need to go back to a system that allows us to play 2 up front, central defenders are getting a free ride with us playing a lone striker, Nouble is not a left winger, and Jackson is definitely not a number 10. Defenders are poor, you need to put them under pressure and they will make mistakes and gift you opportunities.

If you're playing 2 up front, you'd want one of Tudguy, madine or Nouble as your main focal point then someone who's going to move and play off then and look run in behind, so you'd have to pick one of Jackson or Miller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

hill83

Pressley really is trying his hardest to give off the impression that he hasn't got a fucking clue what he is doing.

Great_Expectations

SP's reign is littered with inconsistencies; from captains to formations to tactics to bomb squads.

No wonder the players look clueless every game, the tactics probably change every 5 minutes.

He is showing himself more and more to be an indecisive manager, in every aspect of the role. If he looks weak to us on the outside, imagine the opinion inside the camp. Indecision breeds Confusion and negativity. Not an environment we want when seemingly heading for a relegation scrap.

hill83

Last time I was in Bedworth, which unfortunately was last week, I saw four separate people wearing track suit bottoms with faux leather shoes. Take from that what you will.

johnwillomagic

My Logic regarding Tudgay better goalscoring potential ratio to wages is simple really.

Goals - I think he's goals per game career ratio overall is better than Madine's/Nouble's and Jacksons whatsmore at a higher level too.
Wages - Tudguy did not have a club so expect he would have lowish wage expectation certainly in comparison to Nouble/Madines current
Chamionship contract salaries......simples!

stupot07

Fair enough, I don't particular rate Nouble or Madine, but i don't rate Tudguy either. Tudguy's career record is less than 1 in 4 (identical to Madine's, last scored 10+ in 2010/11, and has scored just 12 in 71 appearances since then (~1 in 7), and he turns 32 in a few weeks, not ancient but on the decline, and has never really been a goalscorer.

I agree he'll be on lower wages though.

We have also got Jackson and Miller - how could you forgot them!! ;)

martcov

It looks like the flats in spon end?

I thought they were a dull shade of urban concrete grey. Those in the picture have what looks like bricks. A bit more upmarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

johnwillomagic

Stupot you're right when you put it like that we have an embarassment of riches in the non-goalscoring
forwards department don't know why we are worrying! :D

How could I have forgotten the best finisher at the club in Miller
I think Madine's 1 in 4 probably secured at a lower level overall he may be better option in long run
overall than Tudgay but not entirely convinced and expensive probably for our budgets.

I'm with you in not really rating Madine or Nouble in terms of busting our salary caps imo not worth it!

Just hoping Nouble turns in good performances due to short term nature of this contract...time will tell!!!

hill83

Nouble has got to be played upfront in the middle for me. He bullies his way past his man a fair few times. Get that done in the box instead of stuck out wide.

dongonzalos

That must have been some performance against Walsall. Or Madine us going to a club trying to get into the Championship or trying to stay there

stupot07

Nouble has got to be played upfront in the middle for me. He bullies his way past his man a fair few times. Get that done in the box instead of stuck out wide.

We bar the Peterborough goal and the exeter goal we haven't seen enough of that, even when he played up top. 12 hrs 32 mins since his last league goal, and he's only played the last 3-4 games on the wing. For someone his size he really should be bullying the opposition. The other issue is even up front he doesn't really have the desire to get in the box preferring to do his work from deep.

Agree he needs to be Central or not played at all. Playing him left wing is a farce, in fact the lone striker and jackson and Nouble deeper hasn't worked at all, we've played 4 won 1 d1 lost 2 scoring just 3 goals. Pressley has tinkered far too much this season, clueless.

Last edited:

stupot07

That must have been some performance against Walsall. Or Madine us going to a club trying to get into the Championship or trying to stay there

Or someone willing to pay him more.

skybluebeduff

Last time I was in Bedworth, which unfortunately was last week, I saw four separate people wearing track suit bottoms with faux leather shoes. Take from that what you will.

Right I think I need to kindly remind you all about Bedworth...

Did you know that this town is the most equipped town in the country to fight a Zombie Apocalypse?

According to new research, residents in the market town are most likely to battle the flesh-eating monsters and survive.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/bedworth-best-town-equipped-fight-3053189
So remember this all you pisstakers of Bedworth. When the world goes to shit, and zombies are on the loose eating you and your children, we'll be safe and sound whilst you die unimaginably.

I'll be on a rooftop with a sniper popping every one inbetween the eyes, and one of them could be you.

I would show no remorse to you, you'll die in this town...

remington-model-700-vls.jpg

Unequipped fools ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
sadly this all comes over as more muddled thinking or a reaction to not being able to get any experienced players in. I tend to think a bit of both

Fine make a mistake, bring the wrong player in, need to change and ship him out, deal with the financial implications but don't make a song and dance about it in the press then keep changing your mind on player after player. This constant changing of decisions just makes it look like SP doesn't know what he is doing, that he has no plan, and is indecisive

oh wait .....................

Brighton Sky Blue

sadly this all comes over as more muddled thinking or a reaction to not being able to get any experienced players in. I tend to think a bit of both

Fine make a mistake, bring the wrong player in, need to change and ship him out, deal with the financial implications but don't make a song and dance about it in the press then keep changing your mind on player after player. This constant changing of decisions just makes it look like SP doesn't know what he is doing, that he has no plan, and is indecisive

oh wait .....................

Surely not likening him to his employers are you OSB?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Surely not likening him to his employers are you OSB?

no BSB .... they know exactly what they are doing, have a plan, and make decisions .......... just from where we are sitting not very good ones ;)

Users who are viewing this thread