Match Thread Coventry City - Bristol City FC Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Jan (1 Viewer)

Boicey

The ticketing approach is bonkers.
I guess no one was working Sunday and they’re waiting for someone to open the office at 9am before they do anything.
Daft.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

At the very least they need to open up another block, games consistently getting to singles only now. 26 is open for STs now isn’t it?
Agree.This leaving opening a new block till only singles are left is mad. If 3 want to go and have no knowing the stupid way the club runs the site will on seeing singles probably think that is all there are, we lose 3 customers.

matesx

Yeah my brother waiting to buy 3 tickets for him and his 2 kids - waiting (hoping) for a block release today

mmttww

Yeah my brother waiting to buy 3 tickets for him and his 2 kids - waiting (hoping) for a block release today

It's stuff like this that's gonna piss people off. I've got a JSB voucher to use for two adults and two kids for Millwall. Been waiting for 26 or 27 to open for weeks.

PVA

Looks like they've opened the bottom half of 25 only so far. (unless they opened the whole block and top half is sold out already).

It really is a ridiculous way of doing it given the demand.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Looks like they've opened the bottom half of 25 only so far. (unless they opened the whole block and top half is sold out already).

It really is a ridiculous way of doing it given the demand.
It's proper small time thinking - surprised that DK hasn't stopped this happening, as he's been upgrading our approach elsewhere.

PVA

What operational cost savings are there by doing this, though?

I guess the fewer blocks open the fewer stewards needed? So they'd rather have one empty block than two half full blocks.

Can't be that much of a saving though surely.

But seems pretty pointless anyway given the demand, as all blocks are needed.

SBAndy

I guess the fewer blocks open the fewer stewards needed? So they'd rather have one empty block than two half full blocks.

Can't be that much of a saving though surely.

But seems pretty pointless anyway given the demand, as all blocks are needed.

That’s what I mean. We’re saving on maybe two stewards’ wages. That’d likely be covered by about 5 adult tickets.

Reactions: PVA

Nick

Administrator
Hoping he starts Simms

Think Torp will drop to the bench with O'Hare back in.

Bidwell back in also for Da Silva.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hoping he starts Simms

Think Torp will drop to the bench with O'Hare back in.

Bidwell back in also for Da Silva.

Torpedo to play alongside Sheaf with O'HARE back in. Lovely Jubbly.

Cheylesmore ITK

Collins

MvE
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell

Sheaf
Eccles

Saka
O'Hare
Wright/Palmer depending on how ready he things Haji is.

Simms

He may is he thinks Torp is ready bring him in for Eccles who find a rest beneficial.

Ashdown

Very bizarre ticketing on the website. Not sure if this has just happened but a load of the end of row seats only are available in blocks 14,15,16. Suits me perfectly but strange they are all on sale like that and…..what does ‘ right leg aisle’ mean, I’m not that chubby 🤷‍♂️

Cheylesmore ITK

Very bizarre ticketing on the website. Not sure if this has just happened but a load of the end of row seats only are available in blocks 14,15,16. Suits me perfectly but strange they are all on sale like that and…..what does ‘ right leg aisle’ mean, I’m not that chubby 🤷‍♂️
They didn't sell the end of row tickets as per SAG advice at the start of the season. I believe it was to help limited the number of people on each row in case they had people who crossed over from other blocks i.e. they still had enough space per row.

As this doesn't happen vas much as they thought they can now if needed sell these tickets and this is what has just happened.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

They didn't sell the end of row tickets as per SAG advice at the start of the season. I believe it was to help limited the number of people on each row in case they had people who crossed over from other blocks i.e. they still had enough space per row.

As this doesn't happen vas much as they thought they can now if needed sell these tickets and this is what has just happened.
Why don't steward check a few tickets to make sure people haven't crossed over? There quick enough to check in other parts of the ground.Overcrowding is one of the biggest causes of crowd problems and when they start doing this those who should not be there will start returning to their original seats.
I don't want to be a killjoy but standing in areas where seating is provided is a recipe for disaster.How we have managed without having serious injuries when excessive movement takes place(ie goal scored). I don't know.

Cheylesmore ITK

Why don't steward check a few tickets to make sure people haven't crossed over? There quick enough to check in other parts of the ground.Overcrowding is one of the biggest causes of crowd problems and when they start doing this those who should not be there will start returning to their original seats.
I don't want to be a killjoy but standing in areas where seating is provided is a recipe for disaster.How we have managed without having serious injuries when excessive movement takes place(ie goal scored). I don't know.
They do which is why as I said it happens less than thought and they can release these tickets for sale.

Gynnsthetonic

Looking like a healthy attendance, they've released all the end of blocks seats in Singers corner again and more blocks in the other corner Screenshot_20240129_185152_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240129_185201_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread