Coventry City fans to discuss possibility of supporter-led takeover (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Lost in the sea of arguements but it seems to me that what's apparent is that we are already ran in the same manner as fan ownership now. Except with people whose priority is another company?

For those who could attend the meeting, Is this the case?

Well we are not as sisu had to find funds last January. Also there is the small matter of affording a far more expensive lease coming around the corner.

skybluetony176

I can understand why the trust would have people from SD and PST there and it makes good sense. From the bits I saw on periscope they were good and the pompey guy in particular seemed very good indeed . My question is about the trust saying the protest group is separate but if actions speak louder than words it seems like the trust and the protest are bound up together? Answers welcome!

What was the meeting about? What is the mantra of doing it the JH way? And no it's not an all out boycott. The two positions are aligned. The trust pretty much chaired the meeting. The majority of talking was done by PST and SD. DJ only really got involved when questions came from the floor, even then the vast majority of questions were directed at PST and SD, DJ gave mainly opinion as the face of a supporters protest group trying to encourage change at CCFC. Did he absolutely need to be there? No. Did he contribute to the meeting? Absolutely, especially in moving the debate on which helped everyone there on the night. Given the way he rattled TF on CWR I don't think its a bad idea giving DJ a platform, he's already proven he can get answers people don't want to give. So I don't see the issue with him being there last night.

Now moving forward the guy from PST was clear that the trust needs to be distanced from protest groups if they're going to be serious about fan ownership. I don't think that point was missed and I don't know but I suspect that you probably won't see representatives of protest groups on the panel of trust meetings going forward. I would certainly hope that's the case and if it isn't any criticism moving forward would be deserved.

That was the point of last night though. Talk to the people who have done it and learn from it to find a way forward somehow. I'm sure everyone there last night learned something whether on the panel or the floor.

SkyblueBri

Well one positive thing that came out of last nights discussion for me was that we do have people prepared to work in the background giving their time to try and come up with some alternative, if it all goes bang tomorrow. We can all pick holes and critise but how many off us would give up our time to attempt that?

sky blue john

Well we are not as sisu had to find funds last January. Also there is the small matter of affording a far more expensive lease coming around the corner.

Lol
As you already know the terms of the lease then can you please enlighten all of us on SBT ?

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
What was the meeting about? What is the mantra of doing it the JH way? And no it's not an all out boycott. The two positions are aligned. The trust pretty much chaired the meeting. The majority of talking was done by PST and SD. DJ only really got involved when questions came from the floor, even then the vast majority of questions were directed at PST and SD, DJ gave mainly opinion as the face of a supporters protest group trying to encourage change at CCFC. Did he absolutely need to be there? No. Did he contribute to the meeting? Absolutely, especially in moving the debate on which helped everyone there on the night. Given the way he rattled TF on CWR I don't think its a bad idea giving DJ a platform, he's already proven he can get answers people don't want to give. So I don't see the issue with him being there last night.

Now moving forward the guy from PST was clear that the trust needs to be distanced from protest groups if they're going to be serious about fan ownership. I don't think that point was missed and I don't know but I suspect that you probably won't see representatives of protest groups on the panel of trust meetings going forward. I would certainly hope that's the case and if it isn't any criticism moving forward would be deserved.

That was the point of last night though. Talk to the people who have done it and learn from it to find a way forward somehow. I'm sure everyone there last night learned something whether on the panel or the floor.

Yes, going forward hopefully they will take on board what was said.

Nobody is saying that Moz, David etc can't have opinions. Of course they can but then there has to be the professionalism otherwise it gives SISU reasons straight off doesn't it. For example the bit where there was moaning SISU ignored them, then Moz was getting excited about giving Joy a Valentine's present. It's that sort of stuff that needs to be cut out, the digs in statements etc.

Of course he can think it, he can shout it in private but just don't do it with the trust hat on.

Grendel

Is this figure a fact, or another "Estimated fact" Grenduffy?.... And I've answered your question... Have the decency to answer mine!

Why do you keep dolling out the same turgid one liners?

Why the same tired insults?

In answer to the question as I say it's what I have heard and already stated it. I got slaughtered when I said it until another poster said a source told them the same - it went rather silent then.

skybluetony176

Just caught Free Radios news bulletin. It only mentioned boycotting not that fans met to discuss a possible takeover. It basically said "fans were told last night that they will have no choice other then to boycott games if they want to takeover the club at a fans forum meeting last night"

This is pretty much what Nick has been saying. The meeting discussed many things but the soundbite that's been picked up is to boycott (regardless of whether it came from the floor or panel)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well I was there last night and I can assure you that a boycott was not called. It was discussed briefly and a show of hands was given of both current season ticket holders and those renewing. I would estimate that there was about 80 people present 60 off which were currently season ticket holders and none of who are planning on renewing. That's what the press seem to have picked up on and spun. There was no call to boycott, there was no one shouting boycott and most telling there was no celebration from either the floor or the panel that a mass boycott looks inevitably. The opposite in fact would be true, it was sombre and depressing.

clint van damme

the trust has approached wasps and I'm fairly sure it was hinted at that they would give the trust favourable terms. I don't know if anyone can confirm that?
I said in another post that the trust needs to be a little bit more transparent with some of the stuff they're looking into but I can understand why they wouldn't want to share this bit of information if true.

stupot07

the trust has approached wasps and I'm fairly sure it was hinted at that they would give the trust favourable terms. I don't know if anyone can confirm that?
I said in another post that the trust needs to be a little bit more transparent with some of the stuff they're looking into but I can understand why they wouldn't want to share this bit of information if true.
What defines "favourable terms"? To me that's just rhetoric.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Favourable as opposed to what? Quite easy to make hints about unlikely scenarios isn't it

Grendel

So just to be clear you know the outcome of negotiations that were never actually completed and didn't break down because of the price? I'm calling bullshit.

Not nice calling Tisza a bullshitter is it?

Sky Blue Kid

Why do you keep dolling out the same turgid one liners?

Why the same tired insults?

In answer to the question as I say it's what I have heard and already stated it. I got slaughtered when I said it until another poster said a source told them the same - it went rather silent then.
And I'm still waiting for "The Promised" answers to my questions!

Grendel

And I'm still waiting for "The Promised" answers to my questions!

With respect I asked you if you thought Ray ranson should have been loaning money to rival clubs when chairman.

I asked did you agree yes or no?

I don't want misdirected nonsense, I don't want talks about investigations I want a one word answer - did you agree with that approach from ranson

If you won't answer don't respond back if that's ok with you?

Grendel

Generally Midfield

Thanks. Until last year I kept well clear of the politics and I ask questions on here about things I still don't understand. I quite like the idea of some sort of fan involvement in the club and the Pompey bloke last night was impressive but I then don't understand a lot of stuff with our own trust. Unless I've got it wrong its the sky blues trust that has said the protest side of things is separate but then CJ is organising a coach for a protest at sisu and the leader of the protest group sits on stage at a trust organised event about fan ownership (not protests). As I say, it just seems very confusing.

dongonzalos

The trust have been working on this for two years we are told. I would expect after two years for them to have something to show for it. That's not unreasonable when they start talking about people putting money into escrow accounts and committing to buying shares is it?

This is the point isn't it. They need to be completely separate yet you have David Johnson up on stage at a Trust event about fan ownership. You have the Trust posting things about JHW protests on their website and you even had Moz getting the two mixed up. They very clearly aren't separate and they need to be.

Before the fans takeover they average 12.232 in L1 despite being bottom and getting relegated. Simple fact is they are a better supported side than us, in a much smaller city. If you then look that they required a large council loan and several individuals to put in large amounts it shows you what we are up against. And that was buying out of admin, unless we're saying push the club into admin we would need a lot more finance.
Pomepy's business plan for the first couple of years post fans takeover had 7 figure losses budgeted. They've since had to dilute their ownership as additional funds have been required.

That was the thing that struck me. A lot of what was being said by the Supporters Direct / Pompey representatives could have been straight out of Fishers mouth. Said in a less antagonistic way but still the same thing which will have the same end result. I wasn't really clear on how fan ownership would really change the way the club is run. Yes you'd have people who cared about the club involved which is obviously a good thing but if you have £1m to spend now or £1m to spend with fan ownership you're getting the same end result.
There was a vague notion that you'd get more sponsorship and more people turning up with fan ownership but IMO that's a long way from guaranteed.

Agree but you must admit. If everything else is status quo. It would be better to have people making the decisions who you know are making them with the clubs interest at heart. Not what us best for a different business which is more important to them.

skybluetony176

Two said it at once. If you think he's a liar fair enough - it suits your agenda - hey ho

So who's your source then? What are the details of this £750K a season rent deal? Why would they share it with you? Two said it at once quitsies no returns. Seriously, how old are you?

Sky Blue Kid

With respect I asked you if you thought Ray ranson should have been loaning money to rival clubs when chairman.

I asked did you agree yes or no?

I don't want misdirected nonsense, I don't want talks about investigations I want a one word answer - did you agree with that approach from ranson

If you won't answer don't respond back if that's ok with you?
Look back at my post #384. I can't give you a answer till everything is done and dusted. What I think has nothing to do with you, and is irrelevant, until I deem to make my opinions thrown open for debate.

Sky Blue Kid

Agree but you must admit. If everything else is status quo. It would be better to have people making the decisions who you know are making them with the clubs interest at heart. Not what us best for a different business which is more important to them.

It really wouldn't bother me if we stagnate to the point of floating around in this division for 3-4 years under fan ownership safe in the knowledge that ALL MONIES are going to the security of our Football Club and not to the pockets of a business totally devoid of any feelings and passion for Coventry City FC. Attendances would grow from the start of fan ownership making this Club a viable business to go forward.

Sky Blue Kid

So who's your source then? What are the details of this £750K a season rent deal? Why would they share it with you? Two said it at once quitsies no returns. Seriously, how old are you?

It's his website of "Estimated transer fee facts" and "Other business figures" mate.

Users who are viewing this thread