Coventry City FC: Supporters Direct Statement (1 Viewer)

Sub

PRESS RELEASE

Coventry City FC: Supporters Direct Statement
SD_logo_red032M_CMYK-88x110.jpg
09/07/2013

Supporters Direct is deeply concerned by the decision of The Football League Board today to permit the preferred bidders for Coventry City FC to ‘relocate’ the Club to Northampton for three seasons.

The decision to approve the removal of a Club from its community in this way will dismay all of those who have suffered the same fate, including supporters of Wimbledon, Charlton and Brighton & Hove Albion. That the decision has come at the behest of a City of London Hedge Fund – SISU Capital – which is trying to recover its losses from an ill-judged investment makes it doubly worse in our view.

We also note that SISU has declined to release a survey of fans, which it is believed shows near universal opposition to playing outside of Coventry, citing a Football League request not to release ‘sensitive commercial information’. The League has denied making such a request in relation to this information. We call on those concerned to release it immediately.

This decision also comes at a time when there is intense scrutiny on the regulation of football on the part of Sports Minister Hugh Robertson MP, MPs on the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee, and many people across the country. The threat of legislation hangs over the game should change not occur, and incidents like this show us why that is the case.
———-Ends———-

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So more lies from the club well well The Football League having been blamed for the non release of pool results still dont see what they are dealing with.

THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE IS NOT FIT AND PROPER

Nick

Administrator
Hasn't football been corrupt for years from the top down? Look at FIFA for example.

I am pretty sure money talks ;)

Delboycov

So another Fisher lie...unless the FL are lying of course which I very much doubt as they would have no reason to.

SkyblueBazza

Hasn't football been corrupt for years from the top down? Look at FIFA for example.

I am pretty sure money talks ;)

Do you know I was literally just thinking through a new thread saying just that!
A long time ago I & others seemed to resign themselves to the position that: -
1. SISU have access to money (even it it is in loans)
2. Money is the b-all & end-all for the FA having forces themselves & FL into a corner through greed in the past...TV deals & sponsorships & the new Wembley...they have sold their soul to money-men & have no leg to stand on to argue any principle against such money-men infiltrating the game
3. We the fans are powerless save the ultimate power of withdrawing interest & investment from the game other than games on "free to view" TV. All the pressure groups in the world that have been & tried...have failed eventually. Despite Everton fan's success regarding their badge redesign. That is a relatively little/trivial distraction to the money-men...maybe even deliberately created by them as something to give way to the fans on to show they do listen & care & act on the fans say so. When it comes to the big stuff later down the road - like moving to a different stadium...they will simply ignore the fans, because it suits them to do so!

dongonzalos

I think he may have told a little porkie. That the FL said he can't discuss ticket prices etc at the forums as well.

Surely the moment the share was released he would be shouting from the tree tops about what the incentives are.

Unless he doesn't know them yet.

Poor Mr Fisher blocked by the FL from releasing survey results and blocked by the FL from selling the ground share concept ?????

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread