Coventry City FC's Players are registered with Limited, not Holdings (1 Viewer)

D

Ddccfc

Is this source the same "lawyer friend" that told you people could end up behind bars as a result of the judicial review? You keep some odd company.

Perhaps I do.

Sick Boy

Its pretty clear to me that ACL tried to distress the football club by trying to put it into Admin, believing that the players came under the ltd Company.

It is highly depressing that the fans have never asked questions of ACL, it is a shame upon the football club. The sooner we get rid of both ACL & SISU, the club will grow.

Samo

It is highly depressing that the fans have never asked questions of ACL, it is a shame upon the football club. The sooner we get rid of both ACL & SISU, the club will grow.

Did you ask?

FootyLawBlog

Surely you are better positioned to "damn" me by simply stepping forth from the murky camouflage of anonymity?

If you have no such connections, identifying yourself should not be a problem.

The scrutinisers should also be open to scrutiny.

I'm more than happy to be open to scrutiny: but scrutiny of the words I post, which are supported by quoted evidence.

Scrutinise the words I use; if they're wrong, challenge me.
Scrutinise the evidence I use; if it is wrong, challenge me.
Scrutinise the interpretation I apply to the evidence, the law, the rules and regulations; if it is wrong challenge me.

That's what scrutiny is about: you don't need to know who I am to scrutinise the blog and the posts I make.

For what it's worth:

I have no connection with Sisu or any of its associated companies.
I have no connection with Paul Appleton or his company David Rubin & Partners
I have no connection with the administrations' solicitors Stephenson Harwood LLP
I have no connection with Coventry City Football Club (I'm not even a fan)
I have no connection with Arena Coventry Ltd, The Higgs Charity or Coventry City Council
I have no connection with any adviser (solicitor, insolvency professional or otherwise) of ACL, Higgs or CCC
I have no connection with any player, employee, contractor or other person associated with any of the parties
I have no connection with Brendan Guilfoyle* or any other insolvency professional
(*Mr Guilfoyle did leave a comment on my blog at the weekend, I emailed him and he emailed back. This doesn't not mean that I have "links" with him - a number of people have emailed me and commented on the blog. I do not consider that I have links with them either)

Ddccfc says I should be open to scrutiny - I've said above what the limits to that scrutiny should be (ie, the words I use, the evidence I quote and the interpretation I put on them). If that isn't sufficient, what level of scrutiny does Ddccfc feel is required? What would my identity add to the scrutiny that's required?

I haven't demanded Ddccdc's identity and I don't see what he should seek mine.

BUT: he has said that he has it "on good authority" that I have "links with Mr Guilfoyle / ACL."

Everything I have said on my blog has been supported by sourced quotes and evidence
Now it is time for Ddccfc to support his claim: he should name his "authority" and explain what his claimed links are.
In fact, if he does have it on good authority that I have "links with Mr Guilfoyle /ACL" he should already know who I am.

So, I say again: you have made an allegation. The person against whom you make the allegation (me) has completely and unequivocally, denied your allegation.

Please either withdraw your allegation or support it by explaining what your "good authority" is and explaining what the links are that you claim exist.

Last edited:

kmj5000

I'm more than happy to be open to scrutiny: but scrutiny of the words I post, which are supported by quoted evidence.

Scrutinise the interpretation I apply to the evidence, the law, the rules and regulations; if it is wrong challenge me.

That's what scrutiny is about: you don't need to know who I am to scrutinise the blog and the posts I make.

For what it's worth:

I have no connection with the administrations' solicitors Stephenson Harwood LLP
I have no connection with Arena Coventry Ltd, The Higgs Charity or Coventry City Council
I have no connection with any adviser (solicitor, insolvency professional or otherwise) of ACL, Higgs or CCC
I have no connection with any player, employee, contractor or other person associated with any of the parties
I have no connection with Brendan Guilfoyle* or any other insolvency professional
(*Mr Guilfoyle did leave a comment on my blog at the weekend, I emailed him and he emailed back. This doesn't not mean that I have "links" with him - a number of people have emailed me and commented on the blog. I do not consider that I have links with them either)

Ddccfc says I should be open to scrutiny - I've said above what the limits to that scrutiny should be (ie, the words I use, the evidence I quote and the interpretation I put on them). If that isn't sufficient, what level of scrutiny does Ddccfc feel is required? What would my identity add to the scrutiny that's required?

BUT: he has said that he has it "on good authority" that I have "links with Mr Guilfoyle / ACL."

Everything I have said on my blog has been supported by sourced quotes and evidence
Now it is time for Ddccfc to support his claim: he should name his "authority" and explain what his claimed links are.
In fact, if he does have it on good authority that I have "links with Mr Guilfoyle /ACL" he should already know who I am.

So, I say again: you have made an allegation. The person against whom you make the allegation (me) has completely and unequivocally, denied your allegation.

Please either withdraw your allegation or support it by explaining what your "good authority" is and explaining what the links are that you claim exist.

Well said!

RoboCCFC90

For what it's worth:

Over to you Ddccfc :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours.

Someone who claims to present an objective legal analysis of a subject loses all credibility if they are not willing to be open and honest themselves.

Bias and subjectivity are implied by the anonymity.

Welcome to the internet.

italiahorse

Its pretty clear to me that ACL tried to distress the football club by trying to put it into Admin, believing that the players came under the ltd Company.

Wasn't it the other way round, with the Council having to bale ACL out with a preferential loan.? Are SISU now pursuing the legality of the loan in the court?
SISU's only interest in this is to distress ACL surely now their original plan has failed.

Sky Blue Kid

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SkyBlueScottie

2 points here. You are owed £1.3m what would you do?....This was done to prevent SISU putting CCFC into liquidation.
There is significant evidence that there are "Player Contracts in CCFCltd":blue:

Godiva

2 points here. You are owed £1.3m what would you do?....This was done to prevent SISU putting CCFC into liquidation.
There is significant evidence that there are "Player Contracts in CCFCltd":blue:

1 point here - ACL are owed £650k ... not £1.3m

Godiva

BEFORE ACL pushed for admin they were owed £1.3m NOT £650k.

Are you suggesting sisu paid them £650k before we went into admin?

No sir - they were owed £650K. Never £1.3m.
Read the administrators report where he lists liabillities.

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you suggesting sisu paid them £650k before we went into admin?

No sir - they were owed £650K. Never £1.3m.
Read the administrators report where he lists liabillities.

That would be because ACL used the escrow to take out £500k's rent as security. The club is (was?) legally obliged to also keep this full, especially since they weren't the ones who put the money there in the first place.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is that so? I've read that SISU are owed £70m+....is that also right?:eek:

Until the accounts for Sky Blue Sports and Leisure are published it's difficult to say. I don't know what the future is for that company if Otium also intend to buy Holdings...

Godiva

Still kissing sisu's arse godiva? Dear oh dear.

So pointing out that ACL are not owed £1.3m and quote the administrators report as evidence is considered 'kissing sisu's arse'?

Dear oh dear!

Brighton Sky Blue

So pointing out that ACL are not owed £1.3m and quote the administrators report as evidence is considered 'kissing sisu's arse'?

Dear oh dear!

They aren't owed all of that sum but the club still has/d an obligation to pay it.

Skybluesquirrel

Is that so? I've read that SISU are owed £70m+....is that also right?:eek:

Nope. SISU were owed £29 million if you look at Sky Blue Sports & Leisure Ltd accounts to May 2011 (the last set available) - the ultimate owners of CCFC and CCFC Holdings Ltd. They publish consolidated accounts (for the group as a whole).

When SISU took over, they wrote off £34 million, followed by another £6 million a couple of years later. Money owed to Robinson & McGinity, who will never be paid back.
They didn't write it off in CCFC Ltd or Holdings - only in SBSL Ltd.

Sky Blue Kid

@BSB...
One thing I'd like to know is...How can Otium buy the "Ltd" when they.....a) Haven't got two pennies to scratch their arse with, and ,have only £1k showing in the business?...... and b) If point "A" is true, can't ACL take SISU to court for the exact same thing that SISU has?

Godiva

That line about 'we have paid £800k rent this year' from Fisher was one of his juiciest lies to date. He must think we're all stupid.

Yes - that was way over the line. Pure stupidity.
He could just have told it as it was - ACL have taken £500k from the escrow and the club have paid £300k towards matchday costs.

Skybluesquirrel

@BSB...
One thing I'd like to know is...How can Otium buy the "Ltd" when they.....a) Haven't got two pennies to scratch their arse with, and ,have only £1k showing in the business?...... and b) If point "A" is true, can't ACL take SISU to court for the exact same thing that SISU has?

They loan the money from SISU in the Cayman Islands to pay back, er SISU in the Cayman Islands.

Brighton Sky Blue

@BSB...

I don't know the precise workings of the deal however I imagine that rather than pay anything for Ltd they have offered the ability to write off Ltd's debt. Squirrel's analysis of SBS+L's accounts is bang on however these accounts are now based on information from 2 years ago. There is no way of knowing what the current score is however it is those accounts which tell us exactly how much SISU have put in to the business.

Users who are viewing this thread