Coventry City gone forever? (1 Viewer)

Serious question- Can we ever come back from this continuing demise? We have lost our home to a London Rugby Union team after a long battle to get back into the Ricoh, we currently have the worst pitch in the football league and maybe beyond and it will almost definitely get worse, our team are a pile of crap,we lost to a bunch of non league amateurs and currently lingering in the relegation zone. We lose 0-1 V Notts County and our manager is happy with that!! FFS I can't see any light at the other end of the tunnel can anyone else? :mad:

ccfcway

yes

there is a bottom. Man City, Luton, Southampton, leicester, Wimbledon etc all found it. Sadly we are not there yet.

Will will get there and one day we will rise.

chiefdave

I'm trying to think of another club that has had to come back from a similar situation. We're told a rental deal doesn't work above L1 and you have to imagine there's less change of getting a good deal out of Wasps than there was from CCC / Higgs so we're looking at building a new stadium. That's a project many clubs struggle with even when they've got an existing ground to sell to finance it.

How can we finance a new ground without totally crippling the club for decades? The only similar situation I can think of is Brighton and I seem to recall they had one chap pitch up and pay for the whole thing.

At best is the futures struggling to run at break even slowly dropping down the divisions and then out of the league? At the moment would anyone bet against us being non league at some point in the next 5 - 10 years?

martcov

yes

there is a bottom. Man City, Luton, Southampton, leicester, Wimbledon etc all found it. Sadly we are not there yet.

Will will get there and one day we will rise.

We dont even have security of tenure for more than 4 years. We have lost the stadium, löst the dressing room, löst lots of money, lost Most games this season and will probably loose our League 1 status at the end of the Season.. I think our " bottom " will be a lot lower than theirs was. The situation is abysmal. From Arvo Investors point of view though, we are not in minus on Day to day Running Costs. Their priority is not sporting success. So basically - we're fucked.

ccfcway

our bottom will be lower than wimbledon ?

franchised to Milton Keynes ?, no club, no ground, no team etc ?

The Reverend Skyblue

None of those teams had Tim Fisher one of the most incompetent patronising delinquents ever to grace a sporting club, making important decisions for them,so at least they had some hope

his comments to letsallsingtogther today concerning the reasoning behind building a smaller stadium proves it beyond doubt

We did have Milan Mandaric who constantly sacked managers and put us in further debt. He sold us to the Thai Billionaires who have cleared the debt, bought the stadium and are now investing their money into our academy. However probably Fisher is worse than Milan, but I fancy maybe Milan may buy you off SISU one day and turn you around ??

ccfcway

We did have Milan Mandaric who constantly sacked managers and put us in further debt. He sold us to the Thai Billionaires who have cleared the debt, bought the stadium and are now investing their money into our academy. However probably Fisher is worse than Milan, but I fancy maybe Milan may buy you off SISU one day and turn you around ??

bloody hell, surely our week cant get even worse ?

J

Jack Griffin

I wouldn't believe I'd ever say this, but I'd take that!

Last edited by a moderator:

oscillatewildly

Serious question- Can we ever come back from this continuing demise? We have lost our home to a London Rugby Union team after a long battle to get back into the Ricoh, we currently have the worst pitch in the football league and maybe beyond and it will almost definitely get worse, our team are a pile of crap,we lost to a bunch of non league amateurs and currently lingering in the relegation zone. We lose 0-1 V Notts County and our manager is happy with that!! FFS I can't see any light at the other end of the tunnel can anyone else? :mad:
I CAN see light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, it's the light of an oncoming train.

Skyblueweeman

Mandaric...the bloke whose likeness to B.Richardson in the frivolous stakes was the catalyst for Pompeys downfall? No thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFC_Charlie

With the amount of money in the game these days and the FFP restrictions stopping teams from being bankrolled up the league it is really hard to a way back up for us after we've inevitably sunk even lower

pusbccfc

No one would want to buy our pointless club.

Users who are viewing this thread