Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (5 Viewers)

procdoc

Interested to know the lineups some of you would pick instead of the one today

slowpoke

That lineup has drained the enthusiasm from me
Doesn't take much to make the team look a bit weaker, does it? Let's see how we go but would rather have started with Simms and Wright is a big miss.
How is it weaker Kitching back, Palmer getting up to speed
Honestly just think Simms in for Godden would make me feel better about this lineup. Nothing we can do about Haji, but for some reason I think Robbins is giving Godden a chance off 2 goals against a league 1 team. As always...hope I'm wrong with my pessimism.
Who has scored the most goals ?

Dirk Turpin

Hopefully godden takes his chance this time. That being said Simms off the bench a bit later on with his pace and power will give their defence something to think about.

slowpoke

Group of Leicester fans just made the smart decision to the try and walk through all the queuing Cov fans outside the Higgs stand while singing Leicester songs. Took about 30 seconds for one of them to get knocked to the ground.
Pardon my ignorance which is the Higgs stand thought they were North, South, East & West. ?

BlueSkiesForever

Interested to know the lineups some of you would pick instead of the one today
I’d probably just swap Godden for Simms, maybe? Simms hasn’t really been in scoring form but he does do a lot with the ball to get their defenders out of position. Godden is clearly a good finisher but hasn’t got that pace or strength of Simms to get into threatening positions.

Tricky one, interesting to see how Godden does, if he scores one or two from open play then fair enough, maybe he’s back in the squad more regularly.

larry_david

Can see their defender with the big hair just bullying godden all game
A 16 year old can bully Godden all game. Its fact. But what I hope Godden can do is a bit of clever movement and take the chance to finish it when he gets it

stupot07

We don't we have usually between 6-8 players above 6ft starting ..

They are just unusually big
We have had times where we have had Saka, MVE, Allen, Dasilva and O'Hare on the pitch at the same time. I would say that is usually small.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Queue today is really dangerous and not acceptable

SkyblueTexan

A couple of seasons ago when we played Fulham at home after that 5-0 drubbing by Luton, I was fearing the worst and it turned out great. With Haji being out and Godden starting, I’m getting similar apprehensive vibes. Hope we get something from this match.

stupot07

Queue today is really dangerous and not acceptable
Probably contributed by the fans village outside and more people waiting and have a drink outside rather than coming in and drinking inside

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

skybluecam

Stewards bottlenecking the turnstiles with largely pointless searches, no queue direction/organisation, huge crowds milling around in s fairly restricted space… it’s a shambles

JohnWH

Made it to the pub here in NYC. The lone Coventry fan, and I walk into this shit. Surrounded by about 6 or 7 Leicester, and a few Chelsea around.

The Chelsea fans are on our side though. Filling up nicely already, even at 7am.

That flag is dire.

Hope you are at least getting pancakes and bloody Mary's at this early hour in NYC bar

Users who are viewing this thread