Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

Alkhen

With WBA next up we'd be silly to not rest anyone who looks jaded or hasn't had a break.

I'd give Thomas, MVE, O'Hare & Eccles a rest as a priority. All have played loads recently and will be better for a break. I'd have O'Hare on the bench and only play him if disaster strikes. Similarly if we can rest Torp then we should try.

As others have mentioned this is a dream game for a player like Palmer. He should get tonnes of time on the ball and needs to start.

Also if things go to plan this is a great opportunity to build confidence for Simms. He has turned a corner a bit recently and a goal or two here could loosen him up.

I'd be tempted to go :

Collins
Lusala Binks Kitch Bidwell
Kelly Lati
Palmer
Tavares Simms Dasilva
Bit of a risk with a Quarter final place at stake but we need to be flexible and make subs early depending on how it's panning out. If we race into a lead then take players like Kitching, Bidwell & Simms off, if we are struggling then bring on Wright, Torp and O'Hare to inject some creativity.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Hoping for a reaction where we win 4-0 or 5-0. What Im realistically expecting is an edge of seat head in hands 1-0 smash and grab from Maidstone after we smash them for 85 minutes but they smash us las 5 minutes and bag a winner

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I’d like to see this team
Collins
Lati - Thomas - Binks - Bidwell
Kelly - Eccles
Tavares - Palmer - Wright
Simms

what we’ll probably get
Collins
MvE - Lati - Kitching - Binks - Dasilva
Kelly - Eccles
Palmer
Godden - Tavares

Otis

I don’t like all this talk of hoping to win 4 or 5 nil. After Preston this has got banana skin written all over it…stating the obvious of course but I’m nervous!
I'm really excited. Very confident we will win. Not at all confident we will absolutely annihilate them.

It is exciting though I think. Big crowd, party atmosphere and the quarter finals awaiting. 😎

Ashdown

If you look at the rest of the draw, there is a big chance of landing one of the big boys if we can just get this over with successfully .

Hertsccfc

If you look at the rest of the draw, there is a big chance of landing one of the big boys if we can just get this over with successfully .
It's almost inevitably going to be a Premier League team. I think a home draw is the most important thing and avoiding Man City and Liverpool.

Otis

If we draw one of the big boys then fine we enjoy the occasion and get on with it, but if we get to the quarter finals my first preference is a winnable home game.
Yeah, best chance of the semi finals and Wembley I would say.

Blackburn are still in it. Southampton and Leicester are still in it. Then you have Luton and Forest.

I would fancy our chances against any of them to be honest.

wingy

Blackburn are still in it. Southampton and Leicester are still in it. Then you have Luton and Forest.

Let's have Southampton or Leicester at home then?

fatso

After Fridays performance I wouldn't trust us to get past Maidstone tbh!

Especially now Sakamoto is injured.

Otis

After Fridays performance I wouldn't trust us to get past Maidstone tbh!

Especially now Sakamoto is injured.
It was one off (he says, fingers crossed). We've had them before haven't we and we have bounced back from them before. I am not too disheartened.

When you look back, we gave a goal within one minute and then absolutely gifted them a second.

After that, we left ourselves with a monumental task, then lost Saka and that against a side who have a hoodoo over us.

We will be fine tomorrow. Convinced we will win. Utterly convinced. I just would like a good performance to go with it and not have it be a scrappy affair where we just get over the line.

Cov98

With Sakamoto out and Allen still not available, Palmer should move back into the middle in my opinion and give a good run to Tavares out on that left hand side.

I know people say Palmer out wide would be better than Tavares, but honestly I think Palmer plays much better down the middle and having him out wide leaves us a bit empty in that attacking mid role if O'Hare doesn't play.

Think we should go with something like;
Lati - Kitching - Binks - Bidwell
Kelly - Eccles/Torp
Tavares - Palmer - Wright
Simms

If we get ahead early on we can swap out for fitness reasons. Really don't think it's worth the risk in playing too weak a team to start and then throw the first team on if we aren't doing too well. Get it done early.

napolimp

Like to see this at West Brom: -

Collins
MVE - Thomas - Kitching - Bidwell
Torp - Eccles
O'hare - Palmer
Simms - Wright

And this tomorrow night: -

Collins
Lusala - Kitching - Binks - JDS
Kelly - Latibeaudiere
Tavares - Palmer - Simms
Godden

fernandopartridge

Collins
Torp - Eccles
O'hare - Palmer
Simms - Wright

Collins
Kelly - Latibeaudiere
Tavares - Palmer - Simms
Godden
Your team for tomorrow night

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

Collins
Torp - Eccles
O'hare - Palmer
Simms - Wright

Collins
Kelly - Latibeaudiere
Tavares - Palmer - Simms
Godden
Not interested in getting to the Quarter Final then?

slowpoke

I think this team can get past Maidstone. I also genuinely believe West Brom match is much more important.
Of course getting to the Q/F is more important get a good draw and the S/F beckons been there once in our history and still talk about it 37 years later.

Tommo1993

Think if we were in a deep relegation scrap people would still say cup is more important. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread