Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

baldy

Think I read that an average expected result for teams with a similar gap between us & Maidstone is only 2-0 or 3-0. Given some of the outlandish score predictions on here, should the result end up like that there are clearly going to be some disappointed people on this message board, even if we win!

I've seen the England national team struggle to put minnows and part timers to the sword on so many occasions, that while I hope we can run up a big win, I can't get too ahead thinking in those terms. The one way we won't win big is if the team are as complacent about the outcome as some of our fans are.

Yeah but that’s England under Southgate & his dross football - we play better footy than his teams

TomRad85

Stronger side than I expected but Friday kind of scrambled everything

What’s happened to Collins?
Think/hope this means Wilson is now back to cup keeper and we won't see him again otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Strong team. Great to see Kelly back

Still not sure how we play 433 all season without strength in depth but should get job done tonight for sure

Otis

Was in Starbucks at the Ricoh an hour ago.
Was like a throw back to 5/6 years ago
When London Wasps we’re at “home”
Place is awash with with Amber and Black
Dressed up like Christmas Trees
Many sporting the criminal clothing attire of the part time fan
The Half & Half Scarf !
Doesn't rhyme very well does it.

Grendel

Exactly.
Some people are way over optimistic.
Maidstone have had plenty of rest and time to prepare, it's going to be a lot tighter than some expect.
I'm going 2-0 city, but the goals may come late on.
they were certainly relaxed a couple of hours ago in the Village Hotel

Tommo1993

Put on a 200/1 bet, and just noticed I didn’t put us to win as one of my selections. What a whopper.

Users who are viewing this thread