Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Simms really is an intelligent striker. His game is clearly making runs in behind and not running channels. Great performance by him tonight. I think with players like Torp behind him he will excel.

fair play to Tavares too. Two well taken goals. A front 2 may be a good change we can make in a game we are chasing.
Maybe even a 442 diamond could be good, Sheaf sitting, Eccles (or Allen) and Torp CM and O’hare or Palmer at the top of the diamond

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I mean long term when sheaf and Sakamoto is back we will play 433. For the time being I wouldn’t mind us playing a back 5 with O’Hare behind 2 strikers
I agree although I think we play better with 4 at the back, 442 could be in order if we go 2 up top. But 532 has served us well in the past so you never know

pusbccfc

Palmer is such a good player. I know it's Maidstone and the usual on here will say he only plays well against the good sides but he's a joy to watch at times. So strong and powerful on the turn. He's very close to being a top Championship player.

3 assists tonight is class.

SkyBlueSoul

Off the official FA website 🤦‍♂️

Ellis Simms' hat-trick led Coventry City into the Emirates FA Cup quarter-finals as Maidstone United's fairytale run was ended at the Ricoh Arena.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Palmer is such a good player. I know it's Maidstone and the usual on here will say he only plays well against the good sides but he's a joy to watch at times. So strong and powerful on the turn. He's very close to being a top Championship player.

The only reason he’s in the Championship is inconsistency and unable to last 90 minutes, if he could and was consistent he’d be a lower PL player

skybluericoh

Think their manager was class, when Maidstone finished their warm up he ran to the Sky Blues fans and applauded them before joining his team in front of the away supporters.
Looking at the pre match interviews etc he is a really rounded guy. Loves the game and is thankful for what he has. Wish him well for the future. Might change when I get through fast forwarding and see what he says post match but some how I doubt it

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is a joke isn't it?

mmttww

I mean long term when sheaf and Sakamoto is back we will play 433. For the time being I wouldn’t mind us playing a back 5 with O’Hare behind 2 strikers

or Palmer. I get people remember us struggling to win games with that system earlier in the season but if MR goes with it, I'm quietly optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread