Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (4 Viewers)

skybluegod

I'm not sure on the comments about lati saying he was excellent of CDM. He wasn't. He did a job, and broke up play well at points but He benefited from the positive nature of the changes which pushed Haji into an area he can cause damage and allowed O'Hare a ton of space with Palmer off. That's what helped the midfield more than anything.
I don't mind him in an emergency in there, but it shouldn't be the go to every match for Robins. (I like lati in general but not at CDM.)

Grendel

I'm not sure on the comments about lati saying he was excellent of CDM. He wasn't. He did a job, and broke up play well at points but He benefited from the positive nature of the changes which pushed Haji into an area he can cause damage and allowed O'Hare a ton of space with Palmer off. That's what helped the midfield more than anything.
I don't mind him in an emergency in there, but it shouldn't be the go to every match for Robins. (I like lati in general but not at CDM.)

Its a fair assessment- Palmer was ineffective and the changes made a huge difference

fatso

We were crap in the first 20 minutes and they bullied our back four but let’s be honest that was an extremely comfortable win against a far inferior team
Not all together suprising considering we started without 3 of our normal back 4, and no Sheaf to add experience in midfield, and Millwall started very well.

Having said that, we eventually started to boss the game once we settled down, and full credit for the way we took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second half.

Good use of subs too. Haji looks way better on the left, and Simms caused their defence problems when he came on.
Lats looks decent in midfield, and Thomas sured up the defence.

All in all a good result, after a rather dodgy start.

Credit to Millwall who impressed with their work rate and defending. They'll easily avoid relegation this year.

Garlana86

Yeh as a CDM he was alright, he has the fight and can get about a bit but he's a long way off the likes of Hamer that's for sure, which isn't really criticism of course as Hamer was on his own level, but we should look to do better in that position.

Thomas coming on was a huge upgrade at the back though, added a lot of confidence to the team and before he was on I worried about every single cross and sh*t house throw in.

Sky Blue Pete

He was excellent today when he moved there

skybluegod

Yeh as a CDM he was alright, he has the fight and can get about a bit but he's a long way off the likes of Hamer that's for sure, which isn't really criticism of course as Hamer was on his own level, but we should look to do better in that position.

Thomas coming on was a huge upgrade at the back though, added a lot of confidence to the team and before he was on I worried about every single cross and sh*t house throw in.

Agreed.

Chris1987

Good to grind out the win when not at our best. Hoping Thomas , Bidwell & Simms start the next 2 at least. Will be interesting to see if Binks stays in the side or Kitching returns.

Astute

Wright isn't a vik replacement , vik ran games and won them on his own ,potential to be a world class 9 .

Haji wright is just doing his job in what I regard as a better overall team , looking good on the left
We were never going to find an exact replacement for Gyokeres or Hamer. That's why we got so much money for them.

But what we have is a TEAM with the same togetherness as one that relied on two players. We have a goalscorer in Wright that has replaced the solo goals of Gyokeres and a midfield that has replaced Hamer. We now have goals throughout the side. Yet some seem to enjoy having a pop at certain players that we bought for much less money.

Ccfcisparks

Wright isn't a vik replacement , vik ran games and won them on his own ,potential to be a world class 9 .

Haji wright is just doing his job in what I regard as a better overall team , looking good on the left
To be fair Wright has won the game on his own today.

won the penalty, scored it and then bagged the winner.

Astute

He wasn't. He was bang average. My post explains why. He isn't a midfielder and doesn't progress the ball well. He breaks up play well. That's it.
So we don't need a player who breaks up play well?

A good team covers all bases well. If your midfield is only good at going forward you will struggle. We're not at full strength. Nowhere near. And trying to rest players makes it even harder.

Sometimes I preferred it when we were shite. At least we could see the obvious then.

Evo1883

We were never going to find an exact replacement for Gyokeres or Hamer. That's why we got so much money for them.

But what we have is a TEAM with the same togetherness as one that relied on two players. We have a goalscorer in Wright that has replaced the solo goals of Gyokeres and a midfield that has replaced Hamer. We now have goals throughout the side. Yet some seem to enjoy having a pop at certain players that we bought for much less money.
We just don't need to compare them , vik a totally different forward

MalcSB

So? You can’t stop once in a generation terrorist attacks. Also that was in the foyer. No amount of searching would have helped.
i dont necessarily disagree with you, but neither of us make the rules / guidelines. Could 9/11 be described as a once in a generation thing? That has affected everyone more than searches outside football stadia.

if we assume that searches are here to stay, then they need to be a little away from the turnstiles and have more than one searcher per turnstile,

shmmeee

i dont necessarily disagree with you, but neither of us make the rules / guidelines. Could 9/11 be described as a once in a generation thing? That has affected everyone more than searches outside football stadia.

if we assume that searches are here to stay, then they need to be a little away from the turnstiles and have more than one searcher per turnstile,

Why are we assuming they’re here to stay? It’s a dumb assumption that let’s off whichever idiot made the decision.

It takes roughly ten times as long to search everyone on a one staff per turn style basis. If they want to have this ridiculous theatre for no benefit then they’ll have to up staffing 10 x.

SIR ERNIE

Really? Norwich kicked lumps out of him and got away with it. Millwall stuck a couple of nasty sly ones on him in the first half and got away with it too.
Credit to him for a good second half today, he did well but he's entitled to more protection from refs than he's had recently.

On the subject of nonsense, this one made me chuckle when you saw Simms coming on.
We must be settling for a 0-1
🤣

Users who are viewing this thread