Match Thread Coventry City - Newport County Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (3 Viewers)

stevefloyd

Well that was an half of misplaced passes, they have pressed very quickly but under no pressure our passes are either telegraphed or giving it straight back to them

Hobo

A few signs of improvement in the last few minutes. Hopefully half time will see City get into a more positive frame of mind for the second half.

skybluegod

We just need to stop launching it long. Doyle and Kelly are too deep

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seems to be a theme, we knock it long for the first half an hour, doesn't really work, and then we start to play and do well. Same happened against Notts county

PVA

Fancy us to come out and take control of the game after the break.

Not sure what Vincenti offers, other than height.

Marty

Look comfortable at the back. Nothing going forward. They're pressing so high. They should start to tire fairly soon. Should win this if we sort out the movement and passing.

stevefloyd

On the plus side we have just played the first half and looked terrible but still no goals conceded, good save and handling by O'brien and McDonald having a decent half too

Esoterica

We're making hard work of this and making them look good in the process. Robins needs to fire a rocket up them at half time. Maybe even a sub or two to shake it up.
Would be a waste of a rocket for me. We didn't play well but it's still 0-0 and the adjustments needed are tactical to allow the team to play better. The centre mids were too deep and too far away from the strikers so we were playing a little too long. Andreu on in the 10 for Beavon and we'll look much better.

stupot07

Get Andreu or Stevenson on in the Number 10 role to join midfield and attack.

I don't even think it needs that. Kelly has pretty much operated the entire half from the right back position when grimmer, doyles just in front of the back. There's then a 40 yard gap between them and the front 4.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Willis is infamous for hitting long hopeful balls.

Passing has been truly dreadful.

Needs a change, but it system or personnel.

covcity4life

Sloppy passing sums up 1st half.

However we still look a solid unit. Hopefully we can get some shots on target 2nd half and nick a goal

Esoterica

Fancy us to come out and take control of the game after the break.

Not sure what Vincenti offers, other than height.
He's decent on the deck but he wasn't given a chance to show that, everything was going long to him.

Grendel

The back 5 look pretty solid and more than capable at this level.

Kelly and Doyle have been wasteful and just play high balls.

Beavon and mcnulty are so far apart.

It's a bit of a reality check - we need to stretch their back line more and probably will need a change up front

Until the end of the half we didn't create anything at all. Vincenti is ok as he's awkward and covers the ground. You can't really play jones and Nazon or the midfield, which looks fragile anyway, will be too stretched.

Astute

Fuck me what a day.

Watching a game. 0-0. Listening to a game. 0-0. Bigi a few decent touches but nothing else. Rose? A thorn in his own teams side. Ross County on top.

And to top it all off they won't join in with all my Sky blues songs :rolleyes:

skybluegod

It's a bit of a reality check - we need to stretch their back line more and probably will need a change up front

Until the end of the half we didn't create anything at all. Vincenti is ok as he's awkward and covers the ground. You can't really play jones and Nazon or the midfield, which looks fragile anyway, will be too stretched.

Would disagree, while the midfield is being stretched, we are playing to counter them but it should be the other way around, I think with Andreu and nazon would put us on the front foot more, and we wouldn't be so stretched.

skybluegod

Agree on the rest mind you

Grendel

Player left his studs in on jones tut tut

skybluegod

Beavon flagged for offside, after a good long pass by Doyle, probably just offside but we are already playing better

ccfcway

Fuck me what a day.

Watching a game. 0-0. Listening to a game. 0-0. Bigi a few decent touches but nothing else. Rose? A thorn in his own teams side. Ross County on top.

And to top it all off they won't join in with all my Sky blues songs :rolleyes:

motherwell 1-0 now

Astute

1-0 Motherwell. Fook all to do with Bigi or Rose. What a shocker :smuggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread