Coventry, City of Culture 2021 (1 Viewer)

tommydazzle

Excellent - haven't lived there for years but the city I was brought up in. Hope it makes the most of its motor and bike heritage as most of my friends are just not aware of this. We should be proud of this Motown heritage and bit worried it's going to be all about diversity and yooth (nothing wrong with these of course but it's not what makes the city distinctive)

Otis

Excellent - haven't lived there for years but the city I was brought up in. Hope it makes the most of its motor and bike heritage as most of my friends are just not aware of this. We should be proud of this Motown heritage and bit worried it's going to be all about diversity and yooth (nothing wrong with these of course but it's not what makes the city distinctive)
I was very surprised to hear that the average age in Coventry is 33, which is 7 years younger than the national average.

Guessing a lot of that is down to the student population. Would think students will benefit massively from the flood of events that will now be put on.

Otis

Does this mean another 40 years of Sunderland moaning about the result ???
Yep.

I quickly looked to the gathering at Sunderland town hall on the live feed on the net, where everyone stood there with glasses of champagne on ice. The result was announced and several people all suddenly pulled out posters of Jimmy Hill and ripped them up, stamped on them and then set them alight.

Captain Dart

Twitter trends just now..
upload_2017-12-7_19-46-22.png

hill83

I let out a "get in there " shout when he said the winner is Coventry. We may knock our city at times but makes you proud when we win something. Didn't know it was 2021 though, thought it was next year.

Did you do your old classic "Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooventry"

oucho

Well done to all involved, now let's make sure the events themselves are as successful as the bid.

Once again Sunderland are the losers...channeling my inner Nelson Muntz: "Ha-Ha!!!"

martcov

Not sure but if Coventry in the spotlight and comes across well then you never know if any potential football club buyers just might be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cov City had it’s most exciting times ( arguably;-)) in the sixties when the whole city was doing well. I’ve got to believe that there will be some spin off, even it is the feel good factor of things happening and Coventry being in the limelight. That promotes identity with the city and maybe that spills into identity with the club. Increased crowds. I cannot seeing it being negative for the club.

oscillatewildly

Hmmmm. Maybe I've been unduly harsh towards this process/award. It can only be good for the city, can't it? Or will it turn into a Dublin eurovision type scenario and end up bankrupting us?

Users who are viewing this thread