Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (3 Viewers)

Danceswithhorses

I have never in my life left a game at half time until tonight. Absolutely awful with zero redeeming features whatsoever.

Did a much better job attacking our own goal than theirs. How to end your season in 45 minutes.

WBA will score 10
Only left 1 game at HT...that was Cov 0 Portsmouth 4...the season they pissed the championship by buying loads of prem players on big money (and before they went bust a few years later)

Otis

Proper shite, 3 poor goals. Just one of those games..

Exactly. The second and third goals were especially poor. You just don't try and do what JDS did there around your own 6 yard box and the own goal was yet another unfortunate one. Avoidable though. We have had a few of those now haven't we.

Just one of those nights. So galling that it is yet again against Preston though. Hoodoo or what!!

Astute

I haven’t seen them do anything special. Just kick the ball in the vague direction of the goal and the defence parts for them and even puts it in the net.
They're nothing special. But they play high press. We try to play out from the back but have been sloppy. By the time we play the ball up the pitch they've got back in defence.

Alkhen

Exactly. The second and third goals were especially poor. You just don't try and do what JDS did there around your own 6 yard box and the own goal was yet another unfortunate one. Avoidable though. We have had a few of those now haven't we.

Just one of those nights. So galling that it is yet again against Preston though. Hoodoo or what!!
Yeah I'm in no way superstitious but they do seem to have something over us. Swansea to a lesser extent too

Brighton Sky Blue

They're nothing special. But they play high press. We try to play out from the back but have been sloppy. By the time we play the ball up the pitch they've got back in defence.
Nothing to do with a high press that accounts for any of the laughable goals conceded. Another goal from a corner despite bringing everyone back for it too.

Users who are viewing this thread