Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (1 Viewer)

MikeyMoo

Also - Robins did say this evening in his post match that there has been illness! Collins mentioned by name as having had it! Puts to bed some of the "row" rumours.
Or... a cover-up! 🤪

enigma

He's not the most gifted tactical player to never play in the premier league.

I wouldn't say it's a a privilege to watch him play.

Club legend though, sure.
How can you say that? That comment is nullified. He is immense. Did you go to the game tonight? Did you watch the tactical battle in midfield? He led us first 35 mins and did his job tactically. Hence why I say a most gifted tactical player never to play premier league. He gets tactics and sacrifices his own ability in other areas. If youngsters had his brain in premiership they’d be worth a fortune. Kelly has the ability to still learn at his age and why he is at the level he is at now. Not through choice but through tactical awareness. Just my opinion and thanks for genuine reply.

usskyblue

Simms’ third goal though..

kermit-the-frog-lotion.gif

Last edited:

enigma

He's not the most gifted tactical player to never play in the premier league.

I wouldn't say it's a a privilege to watch him play.

Club legend though, sure.
And I don’t mean just tonight. It’s not a coincidence we got to playoff finals last year without his immense knowledge of the game and how to win. He showed his class and always does ( for a so called league 1 player 😂)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Kelly , more than any other player , knows who is around him. He's constantly looking before the ball comes to him and he has the ability to turn almost in an instant to face the direction of play as the ball arrives at his feet even with his back to goal. An absolute joy to watch .

enigma

Right….Kelly is a league 1 player next year. This is this year so please shut the fcuk up forum.

Martin180

Kitching played some absolutely beautiful balls today. A couple down the channel for Bidwell first half were PL quality.
Kitching will play in the Premier League at some point in his career . He is a different level to the rest of our centre backs

lifeskyblue

Kelly , more than any other player , knows who is around him. He's constantly looking before the ball comes to him and he has the ability to turn almost in an instant to face the direction of play as the ball arrives at his feet even with his back to goal. An absolute joy to watch .

Keeps the ball moving, rarely flustered and keeps those around him calm. Every time we think he is finished, at this level, he pulls another decent performance out the hat. Shows how lucky we have been to have him in the team through some pretty dark days. Pivotal last season in our push for the playoffs…let’s hope the same is true this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Keeps the ball moving, rarely flustered and keeps those around him calm. Every time we think he is finished, at this level, he pulls another decent performance out the hat. Shows how lucky we have been to have him in the team through some pretty dark days. Pivotal last season in our push for the playoffs…let’s hope the same is true this year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m a Liam Kelly type of guy. If ever there was a game for Kelly it was tonight. Calm and simple. Thought he was superb.

Mr Panda

I think this is one of his flaws. He doesn’t know what’s around him and that’s why he plays those first time passes back to CBs or lofts it first time forward if under pressure.

He’ll get caught and lose possession time and time again against a pressing opposition.

It’s okay to appreciate a servant of our club but also be honest of their limitations.

Paxman II

I'm a fan of Kelly and so pleased for him. He holds it together well. Sometimes a sideways pass or a backwards pass to maintain possesion is a good thing while at the same time it's frustarting to not see him move forward with the ball. It's not Kelly but rather the system we need to play. It was OK against Rotherham but Sheaf would have bossed that tonight. If we are to make the final playoff spot we need Sheaf back. I would sacrifice Eccles for Kelly if Sheaf comes back in. Palmer had his best game and was far more effective than O'Hare but against stronger opposition won't get that space. Overall a big confidence boost just at the right time.

EalingSB

Kitching played some absolutely beautiful balls today. A couple down the channel for Bidwell first half were PL quality.
Yeah I mentioned one first-half slide-rule pass to Wright that took out four Rotherham players. I think he’s class, should be captain and can lead the team for years.

EalingSB

you can clearly see why we pursued him so hard

cut out the silly disciplinary bits, which he’ll soon do, without losing the aggression, and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s there before too long (hopefully with us)
Bit harsh saying silly disciplinary bits. I still can’t see what he did wrong v Wednesday and the second red was one of them, he was exposed and got it wrong. Has looked calm otherwise.

Otis

From memory both of those occasions were balls played into him from Lati when he already had a player right on him.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I just remember thinking at the time that he needed to be stronger.

He just seemed a tad slower than normal to me.

Boicey

Kelly did ok against very poor opponents. Still far too many backward passes which do keep possession but you want more than that.
He is a steadying influence and a good pro which has a place in a squad.

Otis

Kelly did ok against very poor opponents. Still far too many backward passes which do keep possession but you want more than that.
He is a steadying influence and a good pro which has a place in a squad.
See, the backward passing didn't bother me so much. Just thought he didn't play as well as he has previously and this was against very, very poor opposition.

alexccfc99

Comprehensive win - Can't argue with job done after half an hour

Can't recall many poorer opponents I have seen us play than them mind? Bury were dross when we beat them 6-0 up there and Huddersfield were appalling last season but dare I say Rotherham were the worst - genuinely garbage, fair play to their handful of fans who stuck it out I would have been gone at HT

shmmeee

Bit harsh saying silly disciplinary bits. I still can’t see what he did wrong v Wednesday and the second red was one of them, he was exposed and got it wrong. Has looked calm otherwise.

he retaliated against Sheff Wed. You aren’t allowed to push your head against an opponent. It was rash and silly.

Users who are viewing this thread