Match Thread Coventry City - Rotherham United FC Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Mar (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Lol Hamer gets sent off twice in a season and it’s years of “he’s a liability, terrible discipline issues” Kitching does it andbita “an overstatement”

What we spent shouldn’t matter. Hopefully he’ll give his head a wobble and get in line but a disruptive presence in the dressing room costs the fees of all others who will underperform too.
I’m on about the first one especially. Don’t think he’s the one to blame there

shmmeee

I’m on about the first one especially. Don’t think he’s the one to blame there

He is. Should have just walked off, or fallen to the ground and milked it. No need to go around putting your head on people in retaliation after the whistle has gone. Silly behaviour.

Point is he’s hardly set the world alight and needs to wind his neck in at work. Also who the fuck is Collins that he needs his mate to stick up for him at work? Fanny.

Honestly indont think there’s a player id lose any sleep over if we shipped them off in the summer. Character and quality missing all over.

PVA

Someone posted up a stats comparison with MvE Bidwell and Dasilva. The only thing Bidwell was far superior on was heading. Everything else was about the same or (shot creating actions/assists) Dasilva was slightly better.

Dasilva is miles ahead on shot creating actions, in fact he's one of the best in the division.

They're similar on tackles and blocks, but Bidwell better on the other defensive stats

Screenshot 2024-03-05 091707.png

shmmeee

Dasilva is miles ahead on shot creating actions, in fact he's one of the best in the division.

They're similar on tackles and blocks, but Bidwell better on the other defensive stats

View attachment 34404

Ah this wasn’t the one I saw but the one I did was both vs MvE for some reason so hard to directly compare. Thanks.
So basically Dasilva is a better wingback Bidwell a better fullback seems to be what the stats say.

Mcbean

Someone posted up a stats comparison with MvE Bidwell and Dasilva. The only thing Bidwell was far superior on was heading. Everything else was about the same or (shot creating actions/assists) Dasilva was slightly better.
But he’s vertically challenged - there’s a limit to how far he can jump to head the ball - big hoofs from the back with a couple of fast wingbacks he’s fecked - he’s better up the field with someone behind him

TomRad85

And yet keeps failing to get in and stay in ahead of him.
For no reason. Hence challenging. Fair play to him, he's a far better keeper, everyone knows it so no problem with him saying so.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

For no reason. Hence challenging. Fair play to him, he's a far better keeper, everyone knows it so no problem with him saying so.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just weird. We never randomly dropped Vik got Tavares did we? Or Fadz for Panzo. So assuming you don’t subscribe to the “Robins has a brain parasite” theory there must be a reason the Barnsley Boys keep getting dropped.

SkyBlueGuy

But he’s vertically challenged - there’s a limit to how far he can jump to head the ball - big hoofs from the back with a couple of fast wingbacks he’s fecked - he’s better up the field with someone behind him
This has clearly been identified as a weak link by opposition teams too. See the Preston game as an example. First thing they did was lump the ball into that corner and it lead to a goal almost straight away. I was one who thought Dasilva looked good at the start of the season, but right now I would be preferring Bidwell. Aside from anything else Dasilva has been caught out too many times trying to do fancy skills in/ on the edge of our box and lost the ball. At least one of those lead directly to a goal.

shmmeee

I’m not sure full backs have to be towering man mountains, MvE wins about as many headers as Dasilva, but they do have to be able to challenge and stop crosses and stick with their man.

We’ve always allowed oppo wingers lots of space, Bidwell less so and MvE has his pace to get him back where he needs to be. Feels like Dasilva has neither the pace nor the positioning to do what’s asked of him defensively. But then in a five Binks should be coming across to cover.

Gibbo

He offers fuck all whoever recommended him hadn't watched him play very often he never takes his man on out wide and swings in a cross he is an accident waiting to happen all the time he's so predictable passing the ball inside or backwards

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Da Silva is Brandon Mason standard

Chris1987

Lol Hamer gets sent off twice in a season and it’s years of “he’s a liability, terrible discipline issues” Kitching does it andbita “an overstatement”

What we spent shouldn’t matter. Hopefully he’ll give his head a wobble and get in line but a disruptive presence in the dressing room costs the fees of all others who will underperform too.
How do we definitively know that he's a disruptive presence in the dressing room ? We don't, it's pure speculation.

shmmeee

How do we definitively know that he's a disruptive presence in the dressing room ? We don't, it's pure speculation.

Hence the “big if” in my previous reply. But if people are defending him on the assumption it happened I can criticise him on the assumption it happened. I assume both of us would accept if it didn’t happen it’s a moot point. I’ve just never got time for this shit and it’s never from players who are performing. See Godden the last couple of seasons too. Far more bothered about underperforming players moaning than decent players giving it the old I love the club then going to Sheff Utd for example. You earn your voice and for me none of the new players have yet. Shut up and listen to the man who has achieved more than any of you and has a record of making players better.

Hertsccfc

This has clearly been identified as a weak link by opposition teams too. See the Preston game as an example. First thing they did was lump the ball into that corner and it lead to a goal almost straight away. I was one who thought Dasilva looked good at the start of the season, but right now I would be preferring Bidwell. Aside from anything else Dasilva has been caught out too many times trying to do fancy skills in/ on the edge of our box and lost the ball. At least one of those lead directly to a goal.
I thought Dasilva was good at the beginning but he's been pretty disappointing since. The problem is Bidwell hasn't been much better this season. We need to strengthen in this area over the summer but this could be difficult with two left backs already under contract.

CovLad94

If we don't win tonight it's clear something has disrupted the harmony and balance in the squad, we should comfortably beat these given their track record and injury problems.
Wright and O'Hare to score.

shmmeee

I thought Dasilva was good at the beginning but he's been pretty disappointing since. The problem is Bidwell hasn't been much better this season. We need to strengthen in this area over the summer but this could be difficult with two left backs already under contract.

It’s gonna be a case of whoever we get interest in goes I reckon. Despite the cries on here there’s really not that much between them in the round.

Hertsccfc

It’s gonna be a case of whoever we get interest in goes I reckon. Despite the cries on here there’s really not that much between them in the round.
I am not sure either would attract much interest though. Bidwell probably more so but he might want to run his contract down to get a better contract the year after. Unless he improves the four year contract to Dasilva looks wasteful on what we have seen so far.

rexo87

Desperate for a leader in there. Kelly needs to play the next few in my opinion.

Collins (obviously)

MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell

Torp Kelly

Palmer Ohare Wright

Simms

That should be plenty good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertola

Got to go back to 4-2-3-1. It probably means Simms wide right and Godden up top, but thats the formation which has got the best out of us all season

covcity4life

He is. Should have just walked off, or fallen to the ground and milked it. No need to go around putting your head on people in retaliation after the whistle has gone. Silly behaviour.

Point is he’s hardly set the world alight and needs to wind his neck in at work. Also who the fuck is Collins that he needs his mate to stick up for him at work? Fanny.

Honestly indont think there’s a player id lose any sleep over if we shipped them off in the summer. Character and quality missing all over.
You don't even know if they argued yet. Why get angry at them? Lol

Matt smith

This has got 1-1 written all over it.
Lost their last 7, so would be typical Coventry to give them something.
If Rotherham were on a 7 game winning run though, it's usually the type of game we'd win
Yeah for that reason I think we’ll lose

0-1

obviously their run is going to end against us, we’re playing poor too

• Sad
Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
Would think if they have Eaves up front they would be tempted to go direct.

Not a game for DaSilva.

Users who are viewing this thread