Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday [FA] Match Thread - Tuesday 6th Feb (2 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

Don't know which entrance you used, but I go in the family stand entrance for my ST (and today), and even though the North Stand was pretty empty it was taking much longer than usual. Most people in the queue appeared to be daytrippers, and it was taking about half a minute per person to get through turnstiles. Loads were struggling with their paper tickets and didn't appear to understand how to scan.
The bandwagon has arrived

stevefloyd

I said.. it’s no fun being..

Phil Collins Episode 481 GIF by Soul Train
Can't stand Phil Collins, is it ok to slag him off on here?

Astute

just got home. Glad I made the effort, a great win and performance second half.

Not so impressed with the massive queue to get in and miss the first goal. Was only 19300 odd there so don't get it. Easier to get in when sold out.
Big delays on the M69 after an accident.

alexccfc99

Anyone a bit nervous about Maidstone?
Let's be honest here and it will probably sound a bit disrespectful, Maidstone hit Ipswich on their only two attacks of the game - on another day Ipswich would have won that 5 or 6-1 they were just useless in front of goal and the lad in Maidstone's net had the game of his life

The team we fielded last night should get through that tie without getting out of second gear

alexccfc99

That being said with how genuinely devastated they looked to draw us crowded round their clubhouse I hope we beat them 7 or 8 nothing

alexccfc99

Allen with a broken jaw from a Wednesday player.

Embarrassing dross of a club. Glad we'll never play them again
That was genuinely one of the most shithouse, cowardly and needless things I have seen on a football pitch, remember when Ben Thatcher was playing for Man City and he completely poleaxed Pedro Mendes - it reminded me of that

The ball was at Milan's feet when he went in, the game was done - what is the fucking point, intentionally hospitalising a fellow professional has to be one of the lowest things you can do as a footballer, if that happens in a nightclub or on the street after a night out you are (rightly) in front of a magistrate within a week

My mate works behind the scenes and he said a few of the lads were furious after the game and tried to get at Bernard in the tunnel after

If the FA can single out Matty Godden for that 'dive' against Fulham the other season then why can't they do the same here - it was an utter disgrace

fernandopartridge

That was genuinely one of the most shithouse, cowardly and needless things I have seen on a football pitch, remember when Ben Thatcher was playing for Man City and he completely poleaxed Pedro Mendes - it reminded me of that

The ball was at Milan's feet when he went in, the game was done - what is the fucking point, intentionally hospitalising a fellow professional has to be one of the lowest things you can do as a footballer, if that happens in a nightclub or on the street after a night out you are (rightly) in front of a magistrate within a week

My mate works behind the scenes and he said a few of the lads were furious after the game and tried to get at Bernard in the tunnel after

If the FA can single out Matty Godden for that 'dive' against Fulham the other season then why can't they do the same here - it was an utter disgrace
If he's done that really it's GBH and he should be looking at court

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Yeah, because at that point they had a 1 in 3 chance of drawing Man City. No hard feelings about that but hope we win convincingly anyway.

Yeah, having your tourist trip to see Haaland is great until you find out he isn't in the squad.

Man City away would have been awful for them. Horrible trip to make on a Monday night, a guaranteed 6/7-0 drumming against a team of wonderkids.

TomRad85

So a question to people that were there... its seems Wright was pretty involved playing up front right? Actually got on the ball, made space for chances? As well as scoring obviously.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SeaSeeEffCee

Yeah, having your tourist trip to see Haaland is great until you find out he isn't in the squad.

Man City away would have been awful for them. Horrible trip to make on a Monday night, a guaranteed 6/7-0 drumming against a team of wonderkids.
No it wouldn’t. They’d have got probably double the money, got to visit one of the top grounds in the country and most likely have gotten to see a lot of Man City’s first team players. They’ll probably never get another chance to play the best gens in the country. Getting to the 5th round without playing a single Prem team is obviously a massive disappointment for them. It’s really pathetic how arsed some people are about their reaction, our fans are so sensitive.

pusbccfc

No it wouldn’t. They’d have got probably double the money, got to visit one of the top grounds in the country and most likely have gotten to see a lot of Man City’s first team players. They’ll probably never get another chance to play the best gens in the country. Getting to the 5th round without playing a single Prem team is obviously a massive disappointment for them. It’s really pathetic how arsed some people are about their reaction, our fans are so sensitive.

It would be.

It's a novelty. They'll have a big allocation with us and a far easier journey. Dare I say, it's an opportunity for them that they wouldn't get at Man City.

procdoc

So a question to people that were there... its seems Wright was pretty involved playing up front right? Actually got on the ball, made space chances? As well as scoring obviously.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He was involved, not everything came off but he got into some really good positions. His movement was excellent, always pulling defenders out of position. He was offside a couple of times because the pass was not executed quickly enough. He was comfortable in the channels, came short when he needed to and played on the shoulder at times. It might not have looked impressive to some people but for me he was very good overall

Users who are viewing this thread