Match Thread Coventry City - Stoke City Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

My glass is we didn't lose, still room to get much better.

Sorry for being glad we didn't lose for the 5th time in a row

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

You can look at it as a solid point against a side in reasonable form and you can also look at it in context of the last 4 weeks and, unfortunately, the season as a whole.

Gynnsthetonic

Glad you're glass half full.

A draw at home against a Stoke side who didn't fancy it today, after 4 losses worries me.

I'll get slated like everyone who is perceived negative on here but after the international break, our next two months looks like this:

Millwall (a)
Plymouth at (h)
Ipswich (a)
Birmingham (h)
Southampton (h)
Leeds (a)
Sunderland (a)
Wednesday (h)
Swansea (h)
Middlesbrough (a)
Leicester (h)

That's probably the most difficult run of games we've had on paper since 2001. Even the winnable games against Birmingham, Swansea, Wednesday and Plymouth are eggshells. Sides we've either struggled against previously or teams who will fight for their lives. Birmingham will be well up for it after last season's mockery too.

There were a couple of positives today, but there were also positives in the previous 4 and we've picked up 1 point.
It's no worse than last season, most teams are similar which is why the is so condensed.

David O'Day

You can look at it as a solid point against a side in reasonable form and you can also look at it in context of the last 4 weeks and, unfortunately, the season as a whole.
I look at it as not a 5th loss in a row, nowt more

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Can't believe people are taking the 2001 comment as the key point from that.

Or so you think it's a winnable run of games?

There's 5 maybe 6 games there that make you think , ooh that's tough

The other half I don't think anything

pusbccfc

It's no worse than last season, most teams are similar which is why the is so condensed.

But it's not last season and we are struggling.

Leeds, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Ipswich away with this side worries me.. At least we play Southampton at home..

pusbccfc

There's 5 maybe 6 games there that make you think , ooh that's tough

The other half I don't think anything

5/6 very, very difficult games.

Let's not forget we've lost to Preston (had not won in seven matches), Rotherham (had not won in six matches) and Bristol City (lost three in four).

Regardless of how much people are desperate to tell me it's not the most difficult run since 2001. It's clearly a lot more difficult than the last 5 games.

I'd absolutely love for you to laugh at me if we win at Sunderland, Leeds, Ipswich etc.

Evo1883

5/6 very, very difficult games.

Let's not forget we've lost to Preston (had not won in seven matches), Rotherham (had not won in six matches) and Bristol City (lost three in four).

Regardless of how much people are desperate to tell me it's not the most difficult run since 2001. It's clearly a lot more difficult than the last 5 games.

I'd absolutely love for you to laugh at me if we win at Sunderland, Leeds, Ipswich etc.

We've just switched systems by the looks of things and drew with a side that's just beat 3 of those 11 sides , and 3 of the best ones too .

We were comfortably the better team today too

None of those 11 sides will batter us , not a single team this season has .. if anything the only reason we aren't In the top 6 is because our strikers can't score for toffee

We're still a tough side to play against

Tommo1993

Fair enough. Maybe it's not a difficult run then?

Actually, yeah. It’s the most difficult run since 2001, I’ve just sat here and looked at every season’s fixtures since.

You always wax lyrical about our super massive fanbase that you’ve made up, but the post in question you made sound very…small club. Is there a reason we should be trembling at that run of fixtures?

pusbccfc

We've just switched systems by the looks of things and drew with a side that's just beat 3 of those 11 sides , and 3 of the best ones too .

We were comfortably the better team today too

I'm not arguing that we weren't better today. I personally think the system today and in the second half at Preston looked better.

pusbccfc

Actually, yeah. It’s the most difficult run since 2001, I’ve just sat here and looked at every season’s fixtures since.

You always wax lyrical about our super massive fanbase that you’ve made up, but the post in question you made sound very…small club. Is there a reason we should be trembling at that run of fixtures?

Not sure what to make of that second paragraph. Genuinely don't quite understand what you're trying to say?

Evo1883

Genuinely don’t see where the next win is coming from

but second half was better

You actually think that after watching what you watch ? We should be winning most weeks .

We should beat millwall and Plymouth but if we don't take our chances we won't.

We aren't shit

Brighton Sky Blue

You actually think that after watching what you watch ? We should be winning most weeks .

We aren't shit
Didn’t look a shit side today I must say. Got to put the ball in the net though

Tommo1993

Haven’t accepted relegation like a select few on here. Yeah, we’re in a fight for now though and I think we’ll finish comfortably mid table.

Simms top scorer.

pusbccfc

We aren't shit

Let's hope we do beat them because I've read exactly the same thing since Leicester.

Alkhen

Just got back, thought we looked decent. Impressed by the back 4, everyone looked more comfortable in the 433. Collins kicking is far better than Wilson's, didn't have much to do so can't judge him yet.

Still an obvious Hamer shaped hole in the team. A pivot to spring attacks.

Haji is frustrating. He'd do the hard bit. Holding up or wriggling away from a defender then cock up the easy bit. I reckon he'll come good just a hard watch at the moment.

Simms looks like more positive breaking from the wing. He'd thrive if we had someone capable of springing balls through to him.

I think we will be fine if we get a couple of energetic ball playing midfielders in in Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread