Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

what they claim is the issue

the stand itself is designed to be used by supports of both teams so that can't be the issue

I really don’t understand why it has been so difficult for any of the custodians of the Arena to implement adjustable roller banners. Based on the clubs statements, it doesn’t read like the south stand was designed to be used for split supporters.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

it'll be tickets in the away end, Swansea maybe bring 1k to 1.5k abd they will be in a stand that holds 6k and they haven't yet got it ready to be split support

they managed to do it for a 2000 allocation for Boro in the PO semi, can anyone sat in the south stand for that game comment on what the concourse situation was?

pusbccfc

How the fuck can it be sold out when the club say they are expecting 25K. This stuff really needs sorting out, its embarrassing

God nows how many ticket sales we lose when people look, see no tickets available, and don't keep checking to see if they're being drip fed out

I know. Exactly what I've been saying for weeks. We have a limit of about 23k general sale tickets. It's not enough.

Thousands in the corporate sections empty due to the high prices and thousands of unused seats in the away end.

chiefdave

What was the stuff around access entry and exit was there an issue there?
They'll probably say they can't do it because someone has put a massive fence up in the car park which makes access difficult 🤡

they managed to do it for a 2000 allocation for Boro in the PO semi, can anyone sat in the south stand for that game comment on what the concourse situation was?
This is where a lot of the frustration comes from I think. We know it can be done so having the SAG / club just say it's not possible with no more detail given isn't going to be accepted

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was in block 11 for that game and the concourse was completely isolated from both the away fans, and the rest of the home fans. It was like a private stand for block 11 (and I think block 12).

Regardless, if they are going to do some stadium renovations and put some money in to install safe standing, I cannot see how installing now barriers (or building a brick wall) in the concourse to accomodate it would be beyond the realms of possibility. I just get the impression they're dragging their feet and want to keep the biggest amount of segregation between supporters as possible. That may have worked in the depths of league 1 and league 2, but not with 20k plus home fans.

Like I said before, I think the away fans should have the corner. Make the safe stand adjacent to it a complete 'animation' stand with safe-standing and the entourage from singers corner.

theferret

They'll probably say they can't do it because someone has put a massive fence up in the car park which makes access difficult 🤡

This is where a lot of the frustration comes from I think. We know it can be done so having the SAG / club just say it's not possible with no more detail given isn't going to be accepted

We've had both sets of supporters in the South Stand for Gillingham, Crewe, Boro and Accrington, each with a different segregation point, plus we sold season tickets in there one season. Not sure what the issue is tbh.

Philosorapter

This is where the Arena fails in my opinion. We should have the away section uncovered and open to the elements as much as possible. 😈

oakey

I will be surprised if Jamie Allen doesn't feature. MR trusts him and he may even start IMO

Theonlywayisskyblue

What frustrates me most is the lack of information and the lack of intent. I just don't see any evidence that we are on the case, actively considering options for the stadium (which I know we don't own). Why not talk about it with the fans and share thoughts and ideas rather than giving the impression that it's all too difficult and can't be done for H&S issues which then looks like a huge excuse for inactivity. Get a top stadium design consultancy in and look at all options; it would pay for itself in no time from increased revenue.

theferret

What frustrates me most is the lack of information and the lack of intent. I just don't see any evidence that we are on the case, actively considering options for the stadium (which I know we don't own). Why not talk about it with the fans and share thoughts and ideas rather than giving the impression that it's all too difficult and can't be done for H&S issues which then looks like a huge excuse for inactivity. Get a top stadium design consultancy in and look at all options; it would pay for itself in no time from increased revenue.

Tbf, in recent programme notes they said they are looking at solutions for the south Stand to provide more flexibility.

clint van damme

It was fine, they opened up outside because it was a hot day and just fenced an area off, I think boro had a similar area.
The only issue I saw the stewards having to deal with was standing in aisles, nothing between rival supporters.
We were of course ludicrously segregated from the city fans to our right!

Gynnsthetonic

They should have the known this could happen, they know Swansea will have an allocation of 1500, who's in control of all this, the organisation is rubbish, we could of had half the South Stand for the last 2 matches and the next home game on the 13th Jan, it's been done before over the years.

jordan210

Problem with the SAG like any bureaucrats you can give them all the evidence and plead all you like. But the morons in charge will not change a poor decision they have all ready made.

chiefdave

Problem with the SAG like any bureaucrats you can give them all the evidence and plead all you like. But the morons in charge will not change a poor decision they have all ready made.
if that's the case and despite all the evidence put in front of them they refuse to allow us to operate the same way as every other club then someone needs to have a word with the local media

few articles highlighting how useless they are might embarrass them into action

shmmeee

if that's the case and despite all the evidence put in front of them they refuse to allow us to operate the same way as every other club then someone needs to have a word with the local media

few articles highlighting how useless they are might embarrass them into action

More likely to work the other way. The more scrutiny the less risk averse they’ll be and no one was ever sacked for playing it safe.

Flying Fokker

We've had both sets of supporters in the South Stand for Gillingham, Crewe, Boro and Accrington, each with a different segregation point, plus we sold season tickets in there one season. Not sure what the issue is tbh.
Season ticket holders were allowed in block 10? I was there with my son. There are far more away supporters nowadays as well.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

From what I'm reading here the only tickets left for tonight are in block 13 and no under18 (our future support) .What are all the police, stewards and cameras doing if they cannot spot some one throwing things? Are they all watching the game?

shmmeee

You're more confident than me that if we wait a few more years the SAG will suddenly see sense and do their job properly. Not like this is the first time we've had issues, been going on for years.

I have no faith in that. Safetyism is a ratchet, it only goes one way. Once a dumb decision has been made in the name of safety it’s unlikely every to be undone.

Users who are viewing this thread