Coventry City V Coventry Bees (1 Viewer)

Went to Brandon last night for a great nights speedway V Kings Lynn, the atmosphere and crowd were superb a good 2500+ there and the Bees fans made a lot more noise than our lot do at the Ricoh.

Gave me hope that all is not over for our fair City!

It's closer than the Ricoh as well!!! I doubt I will stop going up the football though even if the bees become interplanetary champions or however it works in that kind of sport! :eek:

Tonylinc

Ah The Bees. Remeber the days you could go to HR and then straight up to Brandon and watch the likes of Nigel Boocock. They were the days! I remember on one occasion going to The Hawthorns, loosing 7-1 Mark Hately scoring our consolation) and going straight to Manchester where the Bees were riding against Belle Veu to cheer us up......They lost:mad::mad:

andrew.roberts

I remember watching Hasty Humphries fall off a lot in the novice races in the old Boocock days.. Even though it sounds like a name from the Beano he did exist and was really awful.

bishbosh

I remember the likes of Ole Olsen and Mitch Shirra and some awesome team riding, before the vamping up with laid-down engines :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
I went once but nobody crashed :( not been again. Was just bikes going in a circle! Not for me :(

Tad

Went to Brandon last night for a great nights speedway V Kings Lynn, the atmosphere and crowd were superb a good 2500+ there and the Bees fans made a lot more noise than our lot do at the Ricoh.

Gave me hope that all is not over for our fair City!

Despite there lack of popularity, I'm finding more and more sports in Coventry which (trophy or trophy-less) are better then City.

Users who are viewing this thread