Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (3 Viewers)

SBT

Weird day - still a good day, but a weird one compared to the last two. Starting off by walking through three pubs worth of Luton fans on the way to Farringdon tube was probably a bad omen. The whole Wembley experience is a lot worse now you can’t just drink your own booze on the streets - made for a less fun pre-match experience but it was still a good atmosphere around the ground.

To be honest they battered us in the first half and should have put the game out of sight. Were it not for VAR they would have won it in extra time too - no idea what Panzo was playing at. Had Hamer stayed on it might have been a different game, but they could say the same with Lockyer going off early too - ultimately we were barely in it and to get to penalties was an achievement in itself. Penalties are always pure theatrics, and you can’t really blame anyone for what happens - that being said, I doubt many fans would have backed Dabo to score. Most of the players who played today won’t be with us next season - god only knows whether we can try this again.

Brighton Sky Blue

your only justification for acting like a child is that you were there and I wasn’t. But I don’t see others that were also there being like this

Or maybe there is no right or wrong way to feel and for me this is the worst day as a football fan to date. Others who were there were crying outside the ground, others in silence, others angry etc.

I won’t apologise for caring about the club to the extent that’s how I feel after seeing Dabo lose the game.

croatskyblue

Or maybe there is no right or wrong way to feel and for me this is the worst day as a football fan to date. Others who were there were crying outside the ground, others in silence, others angry etc.

I won’t apologise for caring about the club to the extent that’s how I feel after seeing Dabo lose the game.

you said the same after Wrexham and will no doubt say the same loads of times in future

and Dabo didn’t lose the game, that’s pathetic

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You can really tell the people on here that didn't go today. Having a go at other fans for being upset is more childish than any genuine reaction to that loss today. When we scored I don't think I've ever been kissed and hugged by so many random strangers. The whole experience was on another level and I'm so glad I was there because you can't replicate it.

What comes with that is the raw pain from the loss and yes, some things coming out are a bit sharp, but is that really so shocking? We just lost in the playoff final in sudden death on penalties. It does hurt. As does our first half, and our hierarchy of penalty takers, and several other contributing factors.

I'm sure we're gonna bounce back, but right now it feels really fucking shit.

Matt smith

I’m 24

we’re never getting a Better chance to get to the prem in my lifetime

where’s you bottle dk

steer us clear of danger

Users who are viewing this thread