Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (4 Viewers)

fatso

I thought we showed them too much respect in the first half, I get that we didn't want to go behind early and get thumped, but that was exactly what was on the cards!

Once we took the game to them, they shit themselves, they couldn't handle Tavares's pace and trickery, and that outlet (along with a timely tactical change) gave us a foothold in the game.

Sheaf was fantastic, and Torp showed some real quality, and Dasilva had a great cameo, all in all a brilliant come back which should of seen us go through at the death.
Fuck VAR!

Matt smith

I thought we showed them too much respect in the first half, I get that we didn't want to go behind early and get thumped, but that was exactly what was on the cards!

Once we took the game to them, they shit themselves, they couldn't handle Tavares's pace and trickery, and that outlet (along with a timely tactical change) gave us a foothold in the game.

Sheaf was fantastic, and Torp showed some real quality, and Dasilva had a great cameo, all in all a brilliant come back which should of seen us go through at the death.
Fuck VAR!
We were superb after 60

fair play to Tavares, he was very good

Brighton Sky Blue

Usually shit all over Maguire but he was Man Utd’s best player by a million miles today and showed complete class after the pen shootout.

Antony on the other hand is a fucking rat faced weasel.
Mainoo and Garnacho were their best players and it’s baffling they both went off.

Otis

I used to defend VAR but no, fuck it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I like VAR, but it can't come down to a toenail.

They should have looked at that and said "no clear and obvious error."

And I would have said exactly the same if that had been Man U and not us. 100%.

You can't bring It down to that level of microscopic judgement. It's ridiculous.

If it's that close, stick with the on-field decision.

Essexrobbie

Thats four from four penalty tosses we've lost now. Someone up there doesnt tlike us. I still think it would be fairer doing it from the half way line, not that there were any United supporters left to put ours off. O'Hare looked far to cocky and confident when he stepped up and didn't look bothered at the end.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thats four from four penalty tosses we've lost now. Someone up there doesnt tlike us. I still think it would be fairer doing it from the half way line, not that there were any United supporters left to put ours off. O'Hare looked far to cocky and confident when he stepped up and didn't look bothered at the end.
Didn’t celebrate much when he scored either. Shouldn’t have taken a pen really.

pusbccfc

TomRad85

VAR just allows officials to favour the big sides in a different way. At least the old way was quicker. Never offside, everyone involved in that decision can fuck themselves off a bridge.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

VAR just allows officials to favour the big sides in a different way. At least the old way was quicker. Never offside, everyone involved in that decision can fuck themselves off a bridge.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
If none of the officials in the stadium think there’s a problem with a goal, some arsehole in a computer room should not have the final say.

skybluegod

I like VAR, but it can't come down to a toenail.

They should have looked at that and said "no clear and obvious error."

And I would have said exactly the same if that had been Man U and not us. 100%.

You can't bring It down to that level of microscopic judgement. It's ridiculous.

If it's that close, stick with the on-field decision.

Not sure I agree. I go the other way with this decision. It's factual it's either on or off. This should be the only decisions it gets involved in.

The watchmaker

He'll be devastated. It happens. The players the manager - there were things to learn from the game particularly the first 60 minutes; I'm a little annoyed with the VAR thing but mostly - if you'd told me when I was watching that game against Doncaster that the time would come when we were third favourites for the FA cup and Man U were clinging on for penalties... it's a good day.

skybluecam

Genuinely would’ve preferred to just lose 5-0. Can’t believe it. Last minute winner disallowed by the closest of decisions, leading in the shootout. I’m sure I’ll think differently in a few days or weeks but I’m devastated.

shmmeee

Not sure I agree. I go the other way with this decision. It's factual it's either on or off. This should be the only decisions it gets involved in.

It’s not though. The cameras refresh rate a s resolution leave a margin of error.

SkyblueTexan

This game should give this team the belief that they can compete with the big boys in the EPL. We just have to work on making performances like this (for the last 21 mins of regulation plus 30 mins of extra time) a more consistent part of the way we play. We have raised the profile of this team the last couple of seasons with last season’s playoff final loss and today’s FA Cup SF loss. Just need to use these experiences as a platform for continuing to build this team by attracting better talent. That will help us get to the EPL soon and hopefully make Wembley appearances a more regular thing.

HadjiChippo

Mainoo and Garnacho were their best players and it’s baffling they both went off.
Both of them need to get as far away from that club/manager as possible. They seem to be progressing in spite of the club rather than because of it.

Eriksen for Mainoo when we were in the ascendancy is so brain dead it defies reality.

SkyblueTexan

Genuinely would’ve preferred to just lose 5-0. Can’t believe it. Last minute winner disallowed by the closest of decisions, leading in the shootout. I’m sure I’ll think differently in a few days or weeks but I’m devastated.
Not sure I agree. Though it’s cruel to lose this way, it shows we are not that far off from being a competitive PL team. We gave too much respect to them and played too deep in the first half. If we took the game to them sooner we could’ve maybe won during regulation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Both of them need to get as far away from that club/manager as possible. They seem to be progressing in spite of the club rather than because of it.

Eriksen for Mainoo when we were in the ascendancy is so brain dead it defies reality.
They’re both very young and not had time to have the class stamped out of them yet. Rashford was really pedestrian today I thought, and should be a warning to both of them.

shmmeee

Coventry City will never provide a dull match at Wembley.

Neutrals will always remember that we were robbed by a highly dubious VAR call in this semi-final.

From the little I’ve looked most of football twitter seems to think it was a joke as well.

itsabuzzard

Can't agree with this. At half-time I thought we were in for a proper pasting. What a team, what a manager and what fans! A travesty at the death but we stood toe to toe and won.

Users who are viewing this thread