Match Thread Coventry City v Manchester United - FA Cup Semi-Final (5 Viewers)

Martin180

I love Eccles and he is very much part of our future. But I also think Torp could be a better player long term.

(I agree he did a very good job with a very hard task in the first half) My post was just focused on the progression
I’m genuinely excited and hopeful that we start next season with Sheaf , Eccles , Torp and a new signing to compete for the two central midfield roles

Ccfcisparks

Best game I’ve ever been to in all honesty. The atmosphere when the penalty was won was incredible.

dream like when Torp scored the disallowed goal. Just seen it back, it’s disappointing but by the book Wright was offside.

60 minutes onwards we were superb. All 3 subs were fantastic and should finish the season in the starting XI. Tavares caused chaos.

Great turn out by the SBA and that day will remain within me forever.

shmmeee

Best game I’ve ever been to in all honesty. The atmosphere when the penalty was won was incredible.

dream like when Torp scored the disallowed goal. Just seen it back, it’s disappointing but by the book Wright was offside.

60 minutes onwards we were superb. All 3 subs were fantastic and should finish the season in the starting XI. Tavares caused chaos.

He wasn’t offside

Hertsccfc

There were five subs BTW. All were very good and I include Godden in that.

messiahrobins

87 cup final beats it as it was the final.

Cantona7

Well done Cov.

I only came here for this game and I said then that we can be ridiculous and sublime in the space of 90 minutes.

I also said that it would be competitive.

This fucking club I love will be the death of me.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and hope that I haven't been too much of a twat on here despite the love I have for what has always been my soul-destroying United since the age of 6.

I wish you all the best.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Not sure if any family members or friends of the guy but one older guy was taken out ill around block 134, just hope he is ok, the staff and crew at Wembley seemed to be doing a good job.

Macca

I think the VAR decision has distracted us from the fact we should have got at them earlier instead of sitting back and admiring them for 2/3 of the game

CCFCSteve

I think the VAR decision has distracted us from the fact we should have got at them earlier instead of sitting back and admiring them for 2/3 of the game

Yep, for all Robins brilliance (and he is a truly amazing manager for us) he set us up wrong. We were all saying it even before the first goal and then again at half time. Their weakness was the defence/defensive midfield area, you can get at them and cause problems as we proved second half, but we just showed too much respect

Sky Blue Pete

Yep, for all Robins brilliance (and he is a truly amazing manager for us) he set us up wrong. We were all saying it even before the first goal and then again at half time. Their weakness was the defence/defensive midfield area, you can get at them and cause problems as we proved second half, but we just showed too much respect
Hindsight
Foresight is much harder

Sky Blue Pete

Not sure if this has been posted already (sorry if so)

Wow
Beautiful poetry and emotion. Captures it perfectly
Grief is the price you pay for love. Crushed hope is the price you pay for having the audacity to nurture hope in the first place. This is the beauty of the FA Cup: it means nothing, right up until the point when it suddenly means everything.

CCFCSteve

Hindsight
Foresight is much harder

It was as soon as we set up though Pete, even before the game most of us were saying if we sit deep their better players will cause us problems so we may as well have a good go at their weaknesses. We dominated Wolves by playing a four. Most Prem clubs don’t like it when you get at them. We let them come onto us first half due to the five, Lati kept having to play the ball out of defence left footed and midfield was getting overrun so we surrendered possession easily.

I don’t want to detract from what was one of our most amazing performances for 60 mins of the game, where the team and manager did us so proud, but that’s how I saw it

Great_Expectations

Not read the thread yet, but just watched the coverage from when we scored our first.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the commentators are absolutely shite. Barely any credit given to us, especially Lee Dixon. I met him once when I was playing football at a decent level and he was an absolute wanker to an 11 year old kid (me) and hearing his comms from yesterday has confirmed it.

shmmeee

He was matey
Technically but it has to be the moment that causes the fa to do something different with offsides it’s wrong headed for that to be given when it’s so close and it can’t be accurately checked

No he wasn’t. He was level. The VAR lines showed that. I know you’re the referees union Pete but it was a mistake. I have eyes.

IMG_1070.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread