Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (1 Viewer)

Hertsccfc

Why? He's just come back from injury. If he doesn't get any game time, I don't think that means it's the end. If MR does want to take it seriously this year, then you'd expect he'd have Wright, Simms and Sakamoto starting and Tavares on the bench.
Agree with the first bit but, although I want to see a strong team, it might not be a bad idea to rest Wright and/or Sakamoto given the gametime they have both had recently.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Apologies, this has probably been asked about 100 times (and probably even on this thread), but with ticketfast can you just scan your phone or do you have to print?

skybluecam

Why? He's just come back from injury. If he doesn't get any game time, I don't think that means it's the end. If MR does want to take it seriously this year, then you'd expect he'd have Wright, Simms and Sakamoto starting and Tavares on the bench.
He played an hour for the U21s a month ago so he should be decently fit.

It’s more that if he doesn’t get any minutes this weekend I don’t see him getting any for the rest of the season.

NorthernWisdom

I think there's more recent reasons as well. I know it's cheap but people have paid for aways to Leeds, Sunderland and Boro; more casual fans will probably choose between this and Leicester as well.

You're right though, success brings the crowds in as we've seen and I'd say that's competition dependant. Hardly given us reason in recent years (obviously not all his fault).

View attachment 33121
I appear to have blotted out a 4-0 defeat to Cambridge!

SlowerThanPlatt

He played an hour for the U21s a month ago so he should be decently fit.

It’s more that if he doesn’t get any minutes this weekend I don’t see him getting any for the rest of the season.
He’ll be going out on loan.

“But he needs to play, so the chances of him going out on loan are fairly high in January. These are the conversations that we’re having at the moment so that’s where we’re at with Fabio. There’s been no hard and fast decision been made but with that in my mind, that may be where that leads to. Fabio is aware of that and we’ll just see how he goes and see how he accelerates.”

Evo1883

Can I get to the posh end through the doors by the superstore or do I have to walk all way around to Jimmy Hill statue

Tommo1993

That Cambridge game is one of three games I’ve ever left early. The others being Bristol Rovers (A) in the same season, boxing day(?) and Southend (A) when Mark Venus was manager and Cov fans were fighting each other.

sotvtoday

Robins really doesn’t like the cup does he? Sounds like he’s saying fans don’t either cos they’d don’t turn up?

We want to try and have a cup run, Doug wants a cup run and that was one of the things he said, and I think that is certainly something our supporters like as we know they love a cup run.

“Everybody talks about FA Cup and how interested they are and I just want to see the numbers of the crowd tomorrow and see if the people come along and watch it.”
A lot of people will think that they have invested a lot of money in attending cup defeats to lower-ranked opposition over the past few years under MR.
So if he isn't showing any interest in progressing in the competition it's a bit rich for him to imply the fans aren't interested in coming to watch.
Under those circumstances I think 14,000+ is a pretty good attendance. It will be interesting to see what side he puts out.

Brighton Sky Blue

A lot of people will think that they have invested a lot of money in attending cup defeats to lower-ranked opposition over the past few years under MR.
So if he isn't showing any interest in progressing in the competition it's a bit rich for him to imply the fans aren't interested in coming to watch.
Under those circumstances I think 14,000+ is a pretty good attendance. It will be interesting to see what side he puts out.
The furthest we’ve gone in the FA Cup under him was as a League 2 club which says quite a lot.

Speedies_Chips

Agreed. The onus is on him to show he is taking it seriously to entice the fans to go. I stopped attending cup games after I went down to Cheltenham when we had a chance of progressing in the Checkatrade. Only to find I didn’t know who half our players were and we got hammered 3-0 and made Connor Thomas look like Jude Bellingham!
See you at Villa Park for the 4th round 😊

hamertime

Really shitty comment from Robins that. Like you say they let fans down last year and with the increased prices recently fans have done the business off the pitch in general. Unlike the team who are 8th, if we were in the top 2 I could expect the comment. I feel like punching him for that comment.

fernandopartridge

Robins really doesn’t like the cup does he? Sounds like he’s saying fans don’t either cos they’d don’t turn up?

We want to try and have a cup run, Doug wants a cup run and that was one of the things he said, and I think that is certainly something our supporters like as we know they love a cup run.

“Everybody talks about FA Cup and how interested they are and I just want to see the numbers of the crowd tomorrow and see if the people come along and watch it.”
To be fair to him he's right, the gate at home to Wrexham last year was significantly down on the league average. Same this year. If the FA cup is magical to people surely they'd turn up with tickets half price.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I think Robins interview sets us up nicely for a weak team on the basis of fatigue.
I read it the other way, he talked about it in relation to that run of games over the Christmas period but said we were out of it and the players had had a break

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair to him he's right, the gate at home to Wrexham last year was significantly down on the league average. Same this year. If the FA cup is magical to people surely they'd turn up with tickets half price.

Fair enough, but the fans have turned up in good numbers to watch us exit the League Cup in the first round most seasons. Not least at Burton last year.

Users who are viewing this thread