Coventry City v Wycombe EFL Trophy (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

Every shred of logic says we should lose, therefore we will win.
And we'll be the first relegated team ever to appear at Wembley.
Didn't Ipswich win the FA cup and get relegated in the same season?

D

Deleted member 4439

It'll all be ok next year on our league two tour. Goals goals goals

Shame they won't dare do a piss-take t-shirt this time. Really like me L1 tour version. Instead of CCFC with the AC/DC logo we could have Uriah Fisher logo.

Ian1779

Every shred of logic says we should lose, therefore we will win.
And we'll be the first relegated team ever to appear at Wembley.

Middlesbrough in 97 - got to 2 finals as well that year and then relegated

coop

They've scored in 22 consecutive matches so I don't fancy our chances as we don't create and can't score.

wingy

Oh and I called all the Six nations at the weekend well nearly.
Also predicted the heater at work would run out of diesel at 2.30pm today and guess what?B-)

Otis

They rested 6 players that night and we only just beat them after going 2 nil down. They will play their best 11 tomorrow and win comfortably. If they can score 3 away at Spurs god help us!
Football doesn't work that way unfortunately.

Been many a game where a team like Wycombe put in a great effort against higher competition, only to come back down to earth with a bump when it gets back to the nitty gritty of a league game.

Why will they play their best 11?

Ainsworth said after the Spurs game that they had fatigue after working so hard and had to make 7 changes for the next game, which they lost 4-2.

On Saturday they got back to winning ways, but Ainsworth once again said they had run themselves into the ground, so I am expecting more fatigue from them.

As we have a number of players who are ineligible, then we HAVE to bring fresh players in.

If they play their best 11 they are going to be tired and fatigued once again. We have to play Turnbull, fresh after a couple of games out, DKE, once again, fresh, Harries, probably Lamieras and then will surely pick Folivi if he is fit.

Wycombe are not Premier League. They are not Chelsea. I see no reason why we can't beat them at all.

Forget about the Spurs game. Stuff like that happens all the time in football. I am not saying it won't happen again, but so many times teams are unable to replicate that type of display and effort.

People on here were talking up they were unbeaten in so many matches. Well, since then, they lost to Spurs and Exeter.

Of course we can win and I think we will.

Otis

Just had a quick look at Wycombe's local news and they are saying Aaron Pierre is almost certainly out for tomorrow's game.

He is a big CB and has played 26 times for them this season, so a first team regular.

Also says that Paul Hayes, their striker, came off at halftime with a knock on Saturday.

wingy

Just had a quick look at Wycombe's local news and they are saying Aaron Pierre is almost certainly out for tomorrow's game.

He is a big CB and has played 26 times for them this season, so a first team regular.

Also says that Paul Hayes, their striker, came off at halftime with a knock on Saturday.
He's a big lump too.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

:emoji_pray: :emoji_pray: :emoji_pray: we need all the help we can get.

Otis

Just read a bit more about him and Ainsworth reckons Pierre is the best centre back in League Two.

Could be to our advantage with him missing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think we should play a 1-1-8 formation and hammer everything at their goal! :happy:

Wycombe fan here. I signed up to talk about Wasps a few months ago as a fan from Wycombe, hence the username. Will be coming up to Cov tonight.

You are right about Pierre. He was injured against Portsmouth on Saturday which is a shame, because he is a rock solid defender and will probably be sold to the Championship this Summer. Our stand ins (De Havilland or Muller) are both at a much lower level. However, you shouldn't be happy about Hayes missing. Apart from his goals against Spurs he has been relatively anonymous for the last two seasons.

You are also right about the tiredness in our team. The Spurs game really took a physical toll, as well as being psychologically devastating (it certainly was as a fan at WHL). We then had to travel down to Exeter for a miserable Tuesday game, before putting in a monumental performance against Portsmouth this weekend. 12 minutes of added time and defending a siege for the last 30 minutes. We are also in the middle of a run of 13 games in 41 days (9 away), including 6 Tuesday away games in a row. The team must be almost exhausted.

In fact, I think we will play a mainly second team tonight. The team that lost at Exeter had 7 changes (a second string essentially) and didn't play well. So you guys have a good chance, whether through fatigue or team rotation. However, on the flipside we are in very good form and have two great strikers in Akinfenwa and Kashket. I'm not sure whether either of them will play tonight though.

Nick

Administrator
Wycombe fan here. I signed up to talk about Wasps a few months ago as a fan from Wycombe, hence the username. Will be coming up to Cov tonight.

You are right about Pierre. He was injured against Portsmouth on Saturday which is a shame, because he is a rock solid defender and will probably be sold to the Championship this Summer. Our stand ins (De Havilland or Muller) are both at a much lower level. However, you shouldn't be happy about Hayes missing. Apart from his goals against Spurs he has been relatively anonymous for the last two seasons.

You are also right about the tiredness in our team. The Spurs game really took a physical toll, as well as being psychologically devastating (it certainly was as a fan at WHL). We then had to travel down to Exeter for a miserable Tuesday game, before putting in a monumental performance against Portsmouth this weekend. 12 minutes of added time and defending a siege for the last 30 minutes. We are also in the middle of a run of 13 games in 41 days (9 away), including 6 Tuesday away games in a row. The team must be almost exhausted.

In fact, I think we will play a mainly second team tonight. The team that lost at Exeter had 7 changes (a second string essentially) and didn't play well. So you guys have a good chance, whether through fatigue or team rotation. However, on the flipside we are in very good form and have two great strikers in Akinfenwa and Kashket. I'm not sure whether either of them will play tonight though.

Reverse psychology I see. Coming on here for the hustle ;)

no_loyalty

I'd fucking love it if we score a winner in the 90th minute

Gazolba

The oldest trick in the book. "Our best players are missing, we're exhausted and will be playing under strength".
Then they come out like demons and are two up in the first 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread